The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Need help learning how to send regular emails

DrMarie

affiliate
I want to give people the opportunity to sign up for an email each day (or week) with helpful tips about my niche.

How do I go about setting this up. Is this a cron job? Or do I need to subscribe to an automailer to do this?

Any thoughts?

You'll probably need some software with an email list manager that allows people to unsubscribe, and includes a double opt-in system to subscribe.

Additionally, you'll need to check with your host regarding the limits on mail sending, etc., offered by your hosting package.

If you only have a dozen subscribers, you can do it all manually but if the list grows into anything sizable you're going to need the automation.

Thanks Minstrel...I am looking into phplist that I can install via fantastico. I know it will send out regular newsletters but I am wondering if it will send out a weekly tutorial email.

I recently found a site that offered a daily email for tips on a subject I was reading about (press releases). They are really good tips! She gives you the option of downloading all of the tips (89 of them) in an e-book for a fee. I thought this was a great idea! I have something similar that I can do and I am looking in to how to send out the emails.

Hi Dr. Marie,

It sounds to me like what you're looking for is an autoresponder. They are quite easy to set-up and will send out your emails for you automatically on the schedule you set.

There are a few favorites out there that offer the service to you for a monthly subscription fee (about $20). I use both aWeber and iContact. They are both very good.

I recently had the chance to interview Ryan Allis, the 26 year old co-founder of iContact, which at the time had over 43,000 customers and $29,000,000 in annual sales. He shared a lot of great information about how to do this right.

You are welcome to listen to the interview.

James

Thanks guys...it does indeed look like aweber is what I need. I'll keep working on my content that I am going to send out and then I'll likely sign up!

Both good suggestions James, thanks.

I use iContact for my monthly newsletter, most affiliates I know use Aweber for an auto-responder. Both companies are good and very reasonable.

With both services you don't have to worry about how many emails you send out because they go through the service not your host and they handle the opt-ins, tracking and everything for you too. All for $15 - $19 a month if you have less than 500 subscribers.

banners
Back