The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Need Help Figuring Out Push Tracking

Dave Styles

affiliate
I have been trying to track push ads for years. I basically have a buy now button on my landing page that goes straight to PayPal for my customers to buy my product. I do have a thank you page but I have no idea how connect the data to Adbridge. Since I'm not promoting an affiliate offer I need to create a custom affiliate network and I need to use a postback url. I have no idea how to add this Postback url to my thank you page or server. Also theirs variables I need to add in order for the links to track properly

If you make the sale you need to make the postback to the tracker's URL
PayPal IPM is a payment postback -- are you using that?
Paypal server posts back the sale your your URL
You need to post that information --along with any needed parameter for your ad campaign_id, creative_id
Payment processor post back => your post to the tracker.
You need scripting to post -- a URL is just an endpoint in this type transaction.

Are you using the foo or the bar tracker -- scripting requirements will vary with the tracker's coding.
You need to talk with someone familiar with that SPECIFIC tracker's back end and you will need an authorization key to authenticate your post (most likely).

Just like autos many parts are not interchangeable between manufactures (Analogy)

No I'm not using any of that. That all seems all over my head to be honest. All that perimeter stuff makes no sense to me. I wonder if I convert my site to Wordpress, WooCommerce if theirs a simple plugin that can create all that

If you make the sale you need to make the postback to the tracker's URL
PayPal IPM is a payment postback -- are you using that?
Paypal server posts back the sale your your URL
You need to post that information --along with any needed parameter for your ad campaign_id, creative_id
Payment processor post back => your post to the tracker.
You need scripting to post -- a URL is just an endpoint in this type transaction.

Are you using the foo or the bar tracker -- scripting requirements will vary with the tracker's coding.
You need to talk with someone familiar with that SPECIFIC tracker's back end and you will need an authorization key to authenticate your post (most likely).

Just like autos many parts are not interchangeable between manufactures (Analogy)

I'll try one more time to help you with this now that you've given different information than you have previously.

Since you're promoting your own product you don't need to worry about the postback url, unless you have a way to fire one from your internal system that's collecting the lead data. Instead, you can just use the 'conversion pixel' that AdsBridge offers by placing it on your 'thank you' page. When someone visits the thank you page your conversion pixel will load and fire a conversion in your tracker.

For the traffic source, you need to look in their documentation to see what macros they support. I'm not completely familiar with AdsBridge, but most trackers have templates that already have these macros set up for you when you create a traffic source.

Affiliate tracking is super simple if you spend 5 minutes learning about it, but most people don't and every time they use a different traffic source ask the same questions all over again.

Using a pixel is easy and I understand that but I can't use their templates because they require me to use a postback url and other perimeters

I'll try one more time to help you with this now that you've given different information than you have previously.

Since you're promoting your own product you don't need to worry about the postback url, unless you have a way to fire one from your internal system that's collecting the lead data. Instead, you can just use the 'conversion pixel' that AdsBridge offers by placing it on your 'thank you' page. When someone visits the thank you page your conversion pixel will load and fire a conversion in your tracker.

For the traffic source, you need to look in their documentation to see what macros they support. I'm not completely familiar with AdsBridge, but most trackers have templates that already have these macros set up for you when you create a traffic source.

Affiliate tracking is super simple if you spend 5 minutes learning about it, but most people don't and every time they use a different traffic source ask the same questions all over again.

Parameter;
bus=blue or
bus=yellow
blue or yellow is the value of the parameter 'bus'
URL?{query string [parameter pairs joined with '&']} ex: URL/?bus=blue&tires=radial
Using the term 'macros' is a bastardization of the English language in describing key/value pairs like these and just adds to the confusion IMHO.

That, said; How many products are you selling and can you code the hidden fields in the paypal button form?
Creating a PayPal Payment Form
see step 3

I sell 1 item and you can't code any any hidden fields that i know

Parameter;
bus=blue or
bus=yellow
blue or yellow is the value of the parameter 'bus'
URL?{query string [parameter pairs joined with '&']} ex: URL/?bus=blue&tires=radial
Using the term 'macros' is a bastardization of the English language in describing key/value pairs like these and just adds to the confusion IMHO.

That, said; How many products are you selling and can you code the hidden fields in the paypal button form?
Creating a PayPal Payment Form
see step 3

Using a pixel is easy and I understand that but I can't use their templates because they require me to use a postback url and other perimeters

No tracker should require you to use a postback. It's there for you to use, but you don't have to use it. If you don't use it, it will try and fire the conversion to your traffic source, but will fail because it's not setup. It doesn't matter.

K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid)
You don't need a tracker
You need to code the hidden field with a descriptor of the source of sale.
Why can't you edit the raw HTML source code of that website?
You don't know how or the site is not editable (has to be one or the other).

Step 4
You might have noticed that there is no space for a return URL. Happily in a previous version of the Buy Now button form, there used to be, and the value still works. You simply need to add this line to your form (substituting in the appropriate return URL of course!).
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="https://example.com/payment-complete/">
Use example.com/sale-page-name.html(php)?/a=1234&b=9876 (make the parameters relate to the ad)
use example.com/payment-complete/?a=1234&b=9876 (make the parameters relate to the ad)

Use google analytics for the site and count the pages -- they will be listed separately by the query string ?.....
You can segment Today, this week, past 30 to 60 days or by any date rage that you want stats for (60 days limitation with free GA?)

banners
Back