The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Need guidence on getting started with a program

808faded

Ok so i've been putting this on hold far to long, so this is it im really going to put my foot down and just start doing this.

What was stopping me is creating a website, I have no idea how to make one. I've read through the sticky and I didnt see any really detailed explaning on how to really create a website.

I do have a niche that im thinking about doing and im still learning a little on the keyword research. But I dont know how to create a website to apply to programs like cj.com so i have a product to promote.

Most programs you need a website to apply, sooooo how do i go about creating a website to apply to programs.

What needs to be on the website?

Do i really need to buy a domain and hosting just to apply to places like cj.com?

Can it just be a blog, or article on squidoo or ezinearticles etc.? If so what should i write to guarentee get approved?

And also if anyone has a site that explains in deep detail on creating a website i'd really appreciate it, because i have 0 knowledge on this except for where to go to get domains and hosting.

Sorry if this all has been asked many times before i just feel like its better for me to ask myself so if theres anything i missed i can just post it in this same thread.

Hi 808faded,

One of the best ways to get started is with your own domain and hosting and a WordPress blog. Once you get it set up, posting to your blog is almost as easy as Word. You can get someone to set a blog up for you for a reasonable fee if you don't want to deal with learning how to set it up. Also there are lots of WP help docs and a good WP support forum.

Did you read this thread? It won't tell you how to build a site or blog step by step, but it gives the opinion of lots of affiliates on the best way to go.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...te-website-where-get-how-build.html#post10429

So 1st pick the platform or software you want to use to build a site/blog, then find a free tutorial on how to do it.

Anyone else have any suggestions for 808faded???

Hi,

As Linda wrote, you don't have to master HTML or programming in order to have your own website.

What needs to be on the website?

I would suggest that you would think about one of your hobbies or fields of interest, look for existing websites that are about these subjects/niches and visit them.

Review each site as if you are a regular visitor, not as an affiliate and examine the content.

Does these sites provide the information you expected them to?
Do you like the structure of these sites? (does it easy to locate the information topics?)

Learn (don't copy) from the existing websites, think about a subject you are familiar with and consider making your first website about this subject.

Once you decide what your site will be about, think about the content you as a visitor would like to see in your site, and continue from there.

I think it would be a lot easier and less confusing for you to match an affiliate program or product to your site rather than matching your site to them.

Can it just be a blog, or article on squidoo or ezinearticles etc.? If so what should i write to guarentee get approved?

Most affiliate programs will accept blogs and other methods of promotions as long as they are of at least some quality.

I would suggest that you will focus on the site and its useful content rather than fear being rejected. Don't let your fears from a possible future rejection weaken you.

You do need to have a web site in order to get accepted at most affiliates, at least in my experience. They like to know that you are not a spammer and that you have quality information to offer to your visitors.

As mentioned, there are a lot of free tutorials on the web on how to build a web site. I too recommend Wordpress.org. There's so much information out there on WP you shouldn't have any trouble getting questions answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laura in your post I changed Wordpress.org to Wordpress.com because I think that's what you meant. .org is a blogging platform hosted there and they don't like affiliate links. I think you meant Wordpress.com which is a WP blog hosted on your own server. (Just didn't want him to get confused.)

Hi Linda - I believe it's the other way around. :) I did mean .org because it allows so much more flexibility and you can put anything you want on it.

Oh SHOOT. You are right, so sorry I'll change it back. Can't believe I did that! :eek:

Sorry for confusion to whoever reads this thread.

It's WORDPRESS.ORG that you want on your own server.

banners
Back