The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Myspace Marketing

TUTTI

Although Google is the number one search engine accessed on the internet, MySpace receives 2.5 times as many visitors.
The site was originally built for the younger audience as a place to hang out, meet new friends and post their thoughts in blogs. That changed rapidly as adults began to join the site, basically for the same purpose. It may interest you to know that people over the age of 35, now make up 52% of the site?s total membership.
In fact, Google owes MySpace a very big thanks because it contributes a HUGE percentage of the people who use the Google search engine.
The typical thought of business owners is that the best way to be successful in business is to give the people what they want. Naturally, this would lead you to ask: what exactly is it that these people want? I believe the question should be: what is it that these people need?
To find the answer to that question, let?s consider the psychological aspects of joining the site. Keep in mind that I?m no psychologist. This is all based on my opinion, so feel free to form your own theories. There are three basic reasons that people join the site: friendship, self expression and recognition.
MySpace is a great place to learn about the ?sociological? aspects of human beings. Study the site pages and form your own opinions about what draws people there and how that fits in with what you are trying to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you market on Myspace? It is against their policy to create a proflile just to spam everyone to get them to be your friend. I delete quite a lot of webcam girls and stupid businesses trying to be my friend.

RiverRock said:
How do you market on Myspace? It is against their policy to create a proflile just to spam everyone to get them to be your friend. I delete quite a lot of webcam girls and stupid businesses trying to be my friend.
Take a quick look here for some info myself and others posted a while back:
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/showthread.php?t=750
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/showthread.php?t=751

People market all day long on MySpace. Just don't spam MySpace. Just promote your business site and not the affiliate programs you promote. I think advertising affiliate programs directly on the site may be a violation of their TOS.

The threads Stephen posted are great. I use MySpace as a way to promote myself, make contacts and network, and I think everyone in affiliate marketing (affiliates, affiliate manager, merchants, etc) can do the same as long as the keep all the business stuff on a separate website. I think of it as a tool to sell yourself, not your products or business.

Well, that does it, going over to MySpace to see what the heck is going on. Thanks to all for your posts as they have my curiousity going.

Jay said:
Well, that does it, going over to MySpace to see what the heck is going on. Thanks to all for your posts as they have my curiousity going.

Actually Jay, with your $5k min amt ... you could do really well on MySpace!

Thanks for the heads up Bobbie, it's on my to do list for this week. The program is sorely needed by a huge block of the population so this peaks my interest even more.

I think MySpace is a great place to market yourself. However, creating simply to spam everyone on their is not going to produce results. It is a great place to meet other people who own different companies or people who need your product. I have only been on their a few short weeks and already I have made some great contacts! As an affiliate manager its never a bad idea to find new ways to connect with people.

I signed up for myspace on a reccommendation that it was a good place to market. Some people go about it in the wrong way. I don't really know how but I haven't seen much free information on this but I have some ideas. I will check out those links though.

thanks StephenR.

MySpace Marketing, be specific

I agree that some people use it to spam everybody and anybody. I think if you contact people who have expressed an interest or someone who could use what you are offering, it may work out. For example, we have a student loan website, this would be helpful for people who have attended college and owe money. Therefore rather than spamming just anybody, I can contact people, who have already agreed to be "My Friend", and see if the are interested in consolidation. It takes some time to build up to that point but it is a work in progress. I think being specific with offers for people will lead to successes. Has anyone else had experiance with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back