The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My introduction

buddy83

affiliate
Hello everyone,

I've heard about Affiliate Marketing /AM for years now but I never actually pursued learning about it. I was interested in drop shipping /shopify a couple of years ago after listening to the Tom Woods podcast and hearing success stories about those involved, but also affiliate marketing always got a mention. There are so many...too many videos online regarding it and I prefer to read about a topic for the sake of brevity.
Thankfully I found this forum, I am a complete beginner, so the Wiki has been a godsend. It reads as if it is written for someone who has absolutely no knowledge, from the bedrock up, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Went through it twice trying to make notes so I can remember everything but it is a lot to absorb.

About myself- I currently Live overseas in South Korea. I hop back and forth between here and the states. The idea of being able to work wherever I am appeals to me.

There is so much to digest- but hopefully I can cram it all in my brain and have a proper go at this thing.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
I agree when reading it's easier to cut to the chase and ignore the hyperbole ...

Hi, Buddy and welcome to AffiliateFix!

There are so many...too many videos online regarding it and I prefer to read about a topic for the sake of brevity.

Me, too! I much prefer reading to watching videos. It allows you to get right to the information without the preamble and personal interjections. :D

You may want to check out the Newbie Helpdesk to see what others are asking about, or to ask a newbie question.

the Wiki has been a godsend. It reads as if it is written for someone who has absolutely no knowledge, from the bedrock up

It was.

The idea of being able to work wherever I am appeals to me.

Isn't it a great time to be alive?

There is so much to digest- but hopefully I can cram it all in my brain and have a proper go at this thing.

Information overwhelm usually hits initially but once you get focused on one vertical/niche, method, traffic source and tracker, you'll find it easier. Do study the basics then start taking action. You'll learn through trial and error, too. We'll help you all we can. Ask questions whenever you're stumped or need help (or moral support) and when you're ready, you can start a journey, so members can help you as you set up and run your campaign. Cool, right?

Okay, now I'll stop giving you even more information and just say, enjoy the forums, Buddy. :)

Hi, Buddy and welcome to AffiliateFix!

Me, too! I much prefer reading to watching videos. It allows you to get right to the information without the preamble and personal interjections. :D

You may want to check out the Newbie Helpdesk to see what others are asking about, or to ask a newbie question.

It was.

Isn't it a great time to be alive?

Information overwhelm usually hits initially but once you get focused on one vertical/niche, method, traffic source and tracker, you'll find it easier. Do study the basics then start taking action. You'll learn through trial and error, too. We'll help you all we can. Ask questions whenever you're stumped or need help (or moral support) and when you're ready, you can start a journey, so members can help you as you set up and run your campaign. Cool, right?

Okay, now I'll stop giving you even more information and just say, enjoy the forums, Buddy. :)

thank you for the encouragement and the advice. I've went though a lot of the newbie stuff- I have neglected this website this past week as I've been going through a course- but I'll jump back on here once I finish up over there.
Something like this, as you said, finding the road you want to take when there are several- for me hesitation on "am I doing this right" will probably be a factor in whether I make it or not.

Regardless thanks again...any kind words are always worth a lot!

MI
Back