The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My First talk with AM, what to do here?

P

positivecarry

Hello all AMers,

I just started my journey in AMing a little over a month ago, and my first signs of success appeared at the beginning of this month. I had order #s showing up in my account for product , but no commission showing up. The cheapest product is 150 and I get 30% , so its worth the effort to figure this out.

So...... I contact my affiliate managers, and they tell me that the shopping cart is being abandoned during the checkout process. However, I 've had the same exact person place an order 10 days apart and they claim that this person abandoned the cart twice. They gave me their contact info, and said you could contact them and ask them if they are having trouble completing the checkout process. Uh,........ they gave me the person's home address and name, no e-mail or phone #, and I am not so sure someone wants to hear from an affiliate asking them basically where is my commission, why didn't you complete the process here, haha. Well, I wouldn't say that, of course , but you get the idea. Anyway, what would you do, promote them a bit longer and if the offers don't start converting look elsewhere. Any response much appreciated, thanks. And for anyone who has experience as an affiliate manager, is it pretty common for people to put in all their contact information and choose a shipping option and then back out of the process. To me, it would seem , its not. I mean if I am putting in my shipping address and choosing my shipping , I am going to type in my cc and press buy.

Why would the order show up in your account unless they had completed the purchase?

The only way that SHOULD happen is if the merchant has placed the firing pixel on the wrong page of their site.

I am not sure whats going on

I am going to try and get some more conversions and if the same thing happens I'll switch merchants.

Yeah , it doesn't really seem to make sense. From what they tell me they got the name , address, shipping option, phone, email , all of this, and they say that no order was sent but my affiliate id was activated and it went to my account with a 0 commission.

If they can't give you a straight answer, there are about 283,394 other merchants who have programs you might like to try.

ok, thanks

I am going to check out the competition now. Thanks for the responses.

MI
Back