The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Monetizing Twitter

D

djbaxter

Interesting article by Shoemoney: Arbitraging Twitter Traffic - ShoeMoney®

I started doing sponsored tweets about a year ago when I was offered $50 a tweet and recently as much as $400 a tweet.

But the opportunity really lies in arbitraging Twitter traffic. There are about a dozen Twitter advertising networks out there. Traffic can be purchased anywhere from .5 cents to .15 per tweet.

I will show you my first examples playing around with arbitraging Twitter traffic.

A couple months ago while browsing the Social Spark opportunities I noticed they had added CPC deals. This means you get paid per click that you send to them. They also have a special link you can use for social network traffic like Twitter and Facebook.

...more

Yes, exactly.

Someone on another forum claimed he knew of a Facebook group that had 10K subscribers a week after startup. Yeah, maybe if you're Shoemoney or Matt Cutts or the limited number of other people in the SEO or marketing stratosphere. Is it going to happen to you or me? Not very likely. I think we'd more likely get 10 subscribers, including mom and the kids and cousins...

Funny you mentioned that. One of my clients is a doctor in Boston. I got his site to number four on the first page in his niche and we're now getting friends on FB and followers on Twitter (in the Boston area). Today, I sat for an hour or two, punching away at just getting friends on the doctor's Facebook account- I think we had 11 people accept, and I'm sure more will accept when they open their FB account. But let's say we get 20 a day (and that would be good), but I can't see anyone getting 10K subscribers a week after they started up.

Just wondering if you know what type of group it was on Facebook that got that many after one week of startup?

No. The individual who made the claim has a history of unsupported claims and exaggerations so I'm doubtful it's even true, to be hoinest. When pressed for evidence, he indicated that "he didn't want to post details because it might encourage spammers". :rolleyes:

But true or false, I still don't see the average marketer or affiliate getting that kind nof attention.

I'm also still waiting to be convinced that even if you do manage to get people to join a Facebook group you'll ever see any marjeting or SEO benefits from the effort.

MI
Back