The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Moderation policy

pandaa

affiliate
When it comes to moderating your forum, what is your policy? Are you the type of webmaster that is strict, or are you more laid back? Personally, I think a good mix of both is appropriate, but I feel as though I've always leaned towards the harsher side. Respect is the key to getting a loyal member base, in my opinion.

I am a mix as well. I am 90% laid back, but very, very strict on the 10% otherwise. For example, I have a zero tolerance rule for name calling and harassment. There are a list of words that simply aren't allowed, too. Period. No exceptions. People are warned of this from the get-go, so it's no surprise if they get banned for doing these things and I don't feel bad for getting rid of them either.

I believe it's important to keep an eye on name-calling, insults, trolling, and controversial issues to create a place where you can have healthy and insightful discussions about anything at all. Deleting messages you deemed inappropriate, keeping an eye on the more extreme posters, and banning those who just can't obey the rules and regulations are some of the tasks that need to be done on a daily basis to ensure a good environment for everyone.

MI
Back