The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Forum Moderation Question

Smithee

affiliate
I've been on a few forums and noticed that in one of the forums one of the moderators showed favoritism to a few insolent forum members. Active though these members were, they were not an asset to the community because some forum members opted to leave the forum instead of staying around and have to discuss stuff with rude people.

Question: should forum members active though they might be, be banned or suspended from a forum when they break the rules or should they get preferential treatment [leniency of sorts]?

breaking rules yes. I understand what you are saying, unfortunately some mods think their opinion is the only opinion that matters, That cannot be true. Forums are for discussion. If a mod forces someone to think they way he or she does or else, then there will not be near as much discussion going on as their should be.

A mod can completely disagree with a post, but if the post is respectful the mod should respect the users right to type it.

Now as for active members getting preferential treatment simply because he or she has been there a while, it depends on what the user is posting and how often they do it. Is it an agenda? Do highjack threads and make them go off-topic to re-enforce their views?

I think, a mod should not be quick to ban, but that does not mean an active member cannot be banned. The forum is what is important and its overall health.

banners
Back