Mobile Apps in the Workplace.

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Many companies are using mobile apps in the workplace for various types of productivity. I certainly use them in mine a great deal. Mostly I'm using my calendar, email, text, etc., but a lot of companies are using custom apps for staff and employees.

Is your business, or a company that employs you, using any custom apps for the workplace?

They aren't, curerntly. We do have outlook and stuff so we communicate through email, or just walk over to each other's area, as it's organized and a smaller company.

I do find it hard outside of work to access my work email and stuff. If our company had an app for means of email checking that would be nice, but again it's outlook...so maybe there's an outlook email app or something I haven't seen yet.

Otherwise I can't imagine my company would need one. I do think that sometimes there's a bit of a lack of updating in my company...for example if a new product rolls out or something got approved within the company, sometimes someone doesn't hear about it right away....so a company news hub app would be kind of cool. The website does a decent job but for internal stuff we lack a bit.

What are some popular apps that workplaces use?

I work at home and not necessarily for only one company. Unfortunately, all the companies I work for don't have these specific apps to make the workload easier. I don't even think they will be making those apps as that can cost money as well.

But I do have some survey apps and rewards apps on my phone. Is that considered a workplace app? Lol.

Personally, I only use the Notepad app to keep track of my things to do. I have a real calendar and I find it more useful than the calendar app because I can write directly on it and keep track of it. I guess I use the alarm sometimes when I need to meet a deadline. But that's about it.

They aren't, curerntly. We do have outlook and stuff so we communicate through email, or just walk over to each other's area, as it's organized and a smaller company.

I do find it hard outside of work to access my work email and stuff. If our company had an app for means of email checking that would be nice, but again it's outlook...so maybe there's an outlook email app or something I haven't seen yet.

Otherwise I can't imagine my company would need one. I do think that sometimes there's a bit of a lack of updating in my company...for example if a new product rolls out or something got approved within the company, sometimes someone doesn't hear about it right away....so a company news hub app would be kind of cool. The website does a decent job but for internal stuff we lack a bit.

What are some popular apps that workplaces use?

Most companies usually have a custom app made these days. Even small businesses under 20 employees are having scripts written now. I know that a lot of the companies online in the apps business have loads of ready made stuff, but really it's so cheap nowadays to have mobile apps made that everyone seems to like the custom app model.

I work at home and not necessarily for only one company. Unfortunately, all the companies I work for don't have these specific apps to make the workload easier. I don't even think they will be making those apps as that can cost money as well.

But I do have some survey apps and rewards apps on my phone. Is that considered a workplace app? Lol.

Personally, I only use the Notepad app to keep track of my things to do. I have a real calendar and I find it more useful than the calendar app because I can write directly on it and keep track of it. I guess I use the alarm sometimes when I need to meet a deadline. But that's about it.

Oh my, I have to say you are a bit of a minimalist in some ways. I use a lot of synced apps and programs between the clouds, my devices, and with my clients as well. Maybe as you get busier you'll up your game a bit.

Oh my, I have to say you are a bit of a minimalist in some ways. I use a lot of synced apps and programs between the clouds, my devices, and with my clients as well. Maybe as you get busier you'll up your game a bit.

Yeah, I guess I'm like that! I wish I am as busy as you so I can really up my game. But for the meantime, those few apps work for me. But it truly got me thinking, maybe I need other apps as well to level up my work. I'll try to find some mobile apps for the workplace in the app store.

Yes, we are using Slack for conversation between our team mates and other teams.
Its faster and more responsive than using mail for work.
We have different groups, group of every team, group of managers, group of leads and many more.

Yes, we are using Slack for conversation between our team mates and other teams.
Its faster and more responsive than using mail for work.
We have different groups, group of every team, group of managers, group of leads and many more.

Cool App, Slack looks great.

Letstrak Messaging Apps & GPS device
Feel safe with one of the most secure messaging and tracking app there is? Download Letstrak for free now and you can feel safe & secure to text....

The company I work for on our mobiles we have:

_ Default Calendar and Mail applications
- VPN security passcode generator
- Yammer

Lastly we also have a custom news app which push corporate news and announcements. It also uses push notifications to alert us of any issues like office closures or important deadlines

I work at home. The company has asked me to install Apptivo software. They also have mobile App application, it is a CRM software where you can capture lead, opportunity and once's we get a project convert into estimate.Record all your call log, calendar to organize the meeting,task can be set and also set remainders. Apps are integrated with google i am using this from home and report my status from home. They create invoice and send the same by e-mail.

We use cloud based services, for instance, google drive for cloud storage, and I guess you could call email the grandfather of all cloud services. So, technically that's what we use but most of those services offer clients that are mobile app, I can't think of any single mobile app that's self contained enough to be used outside the context of uploading and downloading data to a cloud repository.

I like to use services that offer a variety of ways to connect to them so everybody can choose whether to connect via a mobile app or perhaps a desktop computer. I, for one, can't do any serious work outside of a full fledged desktop computer, even answering emails.

I'm finding that many of my online surveys and rewards programs don't have apps either and it's definitely a little challenging to get those tasks done sometimes. I have a lot of free time at work, so I tend to do what I can on my phone with the apps that I have, and then save the more complicated projects for when I get home. What sort of rewards apps do you use currently on your phone? (I'd consider them work apps since you're earning points for things :D )

I'm finding that many of my online surveys and rewards programs don't have apps either and it's definitely a little challenging to get those tasks done sometimes. I have a lot of free time at work, so I tend to do what I can on my phone with the apps that I have, and then save the more complicated projects for when I get home. What sort of rewards apps do you use currently on your phone? (I'd consider them work apps since you're earning points for things :D )

Hi! Well, I have this apps on my phone right now:
  • Cash Points. You just spin the wheel, scratch a card or spin the slot machine and you can earn points. You can withdraw once you reach 1000 points which is equal to two dollars.
  • Perk. You just let the ads loop and you can win points. For every 1000 points = 1 dollar, yay!
  • Inbox Dollars. You can do surveys, paid emails, watch videos and lots more. Once you have reached 30 dollars, you can cash out.
Good luck!

banners
Back