The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Mobicow bot traffic

Holy crap. I've run a few campaigns with Mobicow without positive results. Hope they can do something about this and I'll try again, see if it's me or the bots. :)

Their system should have spotted the bot right and then both by origin and by behavior.

Hi all,

Dominic here from Mobicow.

@mike888 This is unfortunately an isolated case which happened in February and was resolved within few days. As you may have seen on that same forum you found the thread, the majority of the networks are being affected one day. At this point, it's how fast the network resolve the issue. As you could see on the payment proof this hacker posted, he was only able to generate 6.67$ worth of traffic and the advertisers, who bought the traffic from this source, has been refunded in full for the amount spent.
We treat bot traffic very seriously and keep a high quality of traffic within our network. We have several detection methods in place but, like anything else, hacker also perfects their methods. This is a constant monitoring task that remains our #1 priority.

@azgold I can confirm this didn't happened while running your campaigns *unless* you were among the advertisers we refunded. I am sad to hear you didn't get any positive results within Mobicow. I would like take this opportunity inviting you to give our network another try, your Mobicow account manager or myself will be more than pleased to assist you with optimization and some hints on how to achieve greater results.

@TB Ann We do have these detections in place along with several other (internal and 3rd party) methods. This is an isolated issue we caught very quickly. But thank you and we appreciate your feedback and comments!

We understand this might bring some concerns to all of you but we confirm this issue has been fixed.

Regards,
Dominic
From the Mobicow team

Last edited:
I can vouch for Mobicow here, I find their traffic to be of great quality. Even back in the day when I didn't know how to build successful campaigns, the traffic from MobiCow was interacting with my multi-page landers and stuff like that.

My only trouble there is that the traffic volume outside of US is low. However, MobiCow is fast growing and their support is very responsive. Shoutout to Mike and Dominic :)

@azgold I can confirm this didn't happened while running your campaigns *unless* you were among the advertisers we refunded. I am sad to hear you didn't get any positive results within Mobicow. I would like take this opportunity inviting you to give our network another try, your Mobicow account manager or myself will be more than pleased to assist you with optimization and some hints on how to achieve greater results.

No worries Dominic, I'll be back again. :) I'm sure it was me, not you.

MI
Back