The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

MLM????

I think there are some good MLM's but the bad ones far overshadow them and makes it very hard to overcome the stigma attached. But like I said, I think there are a couple good ones.

Well alot of the MLM's these days are being extended to more of an affiliate nature and to sound like a glorified "master affiliate program." I've ran across a couple of these days lately, but what they drill down to at the core, is that they are fundamentally based around MLM principles that have been handed down over time. What we not refer to as "MLM", is essentially what our present day affiliate programs have been created from. We must still be hesitant of traditional "MLM", but must give credit where credit is due.

I see some MLM programs trying to PRETEND to be affiliate programs to legitmize themselves. I used to play in the MLM space so do know a little.

There are some CLEAR and distinct differences between the two that everyone I know in AM agrees with.

Affiliate programs are ALWAYS free to join and there are no more than 2 tiers. Now there are all types of oddball variances out there. But if you look at traditional affiliate programs like Amazon, Walmart, Buy.com and all the rest - they all share those 2 things in common. In fact those I mentioned probably don't even pay for 2nd tier referrals. But they are def. free to join.

With MLM there is usually some cost to buy a membership kit or turn key website for training package or something. With MLM even if you are selling a product you typically are incentivized more for recruiting others to be under you in your downline.

MLM is very good but you must know how to market and have a marketing system that you can past to your downline so they can duplicate your success.:)

MLM = not a fan. In all seriousness though, I do know of some pretty hardcore network marketers and it seems to me like it is a constant shifting to new programs. You need to be highly resilient to be a long term network marketer because most of the things you will be promoting will result in failure.

I have personally joined many MLM programs. It seems that the only people who make the money are the ones at the top - pyramid scheme basically. Run far away, quickly, from any MLM.

MI
Back