The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

MLM vs Affiliate Marketing - what's the difference?

Multi level marketing is more risky then affiliate marketing.Affiliate marketing enables you to climb the ladder of success slowly,steadily but in the end the rewards are extremely justifying,where as in MLM if your reputation goes berserk to one customer there are chances that you lose the others or the deals closes down leaving you bankrupt at one go.

I Absolutely Concur with Linda

Hello Friedmett,

Here's my take on MLM vs. affiliate programs:

Firstly, I am a former member of Mach90 and Juvio. Like you I was raw, inexperienced, and had no idea what I was getting into with MLM. The whole sales pitch, including their Mach90 video had such a great impact on me that I was sold instantly.

You said your products are not selling. Not only was that true for me but I was also sold on the idea that my sponsor would be of some great help to me. My sponsor did absolutely nothing for me after sending her, at least, 3 emails. So what happened to Mach90/Juvio's philosophy? Helping your downline meant more commissions for the sponsor. Right?

I don't know whether or not you are a member of Mach90. But if you check their forum from time to time, you would probably see that a lot of newbies are having such a hard time selling Juvio's products, including Mach90's work at home program.

I too created my own site, a free blog and other advertising platforms because I didn't feel that Mach90 or Juvio's sign-up page expressed enough. As soon as the visitor went to the Mach90 site, they had to sign up which was, as a consumer, would be a little suspicious. Since there wasn't much info. available. Preselling is key and I also advertised on Google. No sales

I got the clicks but perhaps my landing page wasn't good enough. I lacked Internet marketing skills then. But now I've purchased two proven successful Internet marketing courses that are helping me to develop all the skills I need, including eBay.

Mach/Juvio is MLM in the highest regard, definitely not an affiliate program in no shape, form or fashion. Mach90's primary purpose was focused me selling memberships to work from home and buying more of their products. I was actually the target. I had responded to both Mach90 and Juvio without help, so I cancelled my membership which was great decision. I'm happy with being an affiliate marketer.

And when I cancelled, no one bothered to ask me the reason why. Which led me to believe, whats more important. Having more members paying x amount per month? Or, less cancellations? You do the math.

After doing some research on MLM, you have to be in higher ranking for commissions, in order to reap the rewards. What I saw was, since Mach90 and Juvio were stationed in the Phillopines that many of the people their were making sales also. This also included my sponsor who never wanted to help me.

I sent over 500 visitors to my Mach90 and Juvios sites, and not one sell was made. After paying my $56+ for a period of 5 months or so, I threw in the towel and cancelled. This is not my trademark to give up easily.

My suggestion to you is, if your Juvio sponsor isn't making any sales there's a problem there too. But if he/she is making sales and won't give you the inside secrets to making sales, you need to make decision.

I would not encourage anyone, newbie, or someone unfamiliar with MLM to indulge. Unless you already have the traffic, the niche market, which is vital to your success. Many people simply don't have the skills to make it work, and how to get the traffic which is key.

There are so many free affiliate programs available, providing so much materials to you, paying up to 75% or more in commissions--why even consider MLM.

Lastly, if you have been contemplating about pursuing other options to make money online, don't be afraid to do so. Sometimes we fail to listen to ourselves because we don't want to give up our passion. What's so wonderful about Internet marketing, there so many easier ways to make money online.

Food for thought...

If you've been a member of Juvio for 4 or 5 months or more without any sales, maybe it's time to pull out. You can make easier money from home from affiliate programs. Believe me!

Good luck, I hope this has given you some insight.

To anwser the question in the topic:

Multi-level marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Multi-level marketing (MLM) is a business model that combines direct marketing with franchising.

Multi-level marketing businesses function by recruiting salespeople (also called Distributors, Independent Business Owners, IBOs, Franchise Owners, Sales Consultants, Beauty Consultants, Consultants, etc.) to sell a product and offer additional sales commissions based on the sales of people recruited into their downline, an organization of people that includes direct recruits, recruits' recruits, etc. This arrangement is similar to franchise arrangements where royalties are paid from the sales of individual franchise operations to the franchisor as well as to an area or region manager, but in some MLM programs, there can be seven or more levels of people receiving royalties from one person's sales.

Affiliate marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Affiliate marketing is a method of promoting web businesses (merchants/advertisers) in which an affiliate (publisher) is rewarded for every visitor, subscriber, customer, and/or sale provided through his/her efforts.

Affiliate marketing is also the name of the industry where a number of different types of companies and individuals are performing this form of internet marketing, including affiliate networks, affiliate management companies and in-house affiliate managers, specialized 3rd party vendors and various types of affiliates/publishers who utilize a number of different methods to advertise the products and services of their merchant/advertiser partners.

Affiliate marketing overlaps with other internet marketing methods to some degree, because affiliates are using the same methods as most of the merchants themselves do. Those methods include organic search engine optimization, paid search engine marketing, email marketing and to some degree display advertising.

Affiliate marketing - using one site to drive traffic to another - is the stepchild of online marketing. While search engines, e-mail and RSS capture much of the attention of online retailers, affiliate marketing, despite lineage that goes back almost to the beginning of online retailing, carries a much lower profile. Yet affiliates continue to play a fundamental role in e-retailers' marketing strategies.

Affiliate programs are great for people like me that have NO IDEA and are VERY POOR sales people.

I have tried MLM and I sucked at it.

Just the uncomfortable feeling before even making a prospect call to a friend or relative made my stomach sick. LOL

I love not having to talk to people to sell anything.

I am in AM and had small stint in MLM too. According to me in MLM, people have to work hard as a team. The earlier you join, the richer you will go is the theme of MLM. The revenue is shared by many in MLM and those at the top get lion?s share. It is not the case with AM. You get handsome commission whenever the visitors of your site act in a prescribed manner over an advertisement. You just have to take care of the relevancy of content and advertisement of your site in AM.

Come on guys, not all MLM's are created equally. There are some out there that you can make really good money with and if you're trained properly, you never have to buy leads OR bother your friends and family.

It hurts me that you would tell newbies all of these horrible things about network marketing. You may be turning them away from their destiny.

Sheree

P.S. I'm sorry, I had to speak up.

Net Marketing Vs MlM

Great question!

In my resent news newsletter I brought up this very subject
Network Marketers vs Net Marketers
Are network marketers sinking? It's a common question these day.

Most multi level marketers and direct sales entrepreneurs are sinking in their business. They are missing valuable networking skills that could keep them afloat in a competitive market.

There is a lot of buzz about what works best. Marketers often debate about old school vs. new school methods. It's all rather opinionated. Nothing can take the place of connecting personally with others, but combine that with the right people finding you and this could greatly increase your profits and change the direction of your business.

Most MLM companies train you on networking and finding prospects. Make a list, talk to family and friends and use the three feet rule, etc. What about the person who doesn't have a list, or who has gone though their list quickly and stalls out right away? How do they build a business?

L, Shields

I have never used my friends and family to build my network marketing business because I find it to be pointless. Maybe it's also because I started in affiliate marketing. There are generic systems that can be used to build a network marketing business and generate leads.

Another thing a lot of MLMs do is teach you to buy leads lists. Do not do this. Create your own leads capture system and advertise that instead. Bought leads are a bunch of rubbish and are sold and re-sold over and over again.

The bottom line is this. I do both and there is nothing wrong with either one. They are just done in a different way. Network marketing gets a bad rep because of the pyramid scams out there. Basically, no product and only recruiting is a pyramid and should be left alone.

Hope this helps,

Sheree

The companies using network marketing do not sell their products in open market. The team members are asked to use and popularize the products as a user. I have been approached by many networking marketers for joining but I know that I have to drop my favorite brands to do net marketing.;)

You know what I think? I think that the problem is not with network marketing in itself, but with the network marketers who use iffy methods to grow their network marketing business.

The whole 3 foot rule is complete junk as is the friends and family thing.

BUT, fortunes have been and are being made within the network marketing industry and it has been widely accepted as a business model. In fact, some of the affiliate products out there have adopted a 2 tier model to get more people to promote their affiliate products which is the same thing.

Sheree

Affiliate Marketing Rules

Without a doubt, affiliate marketing is the way to go.

As an affiliate marketer you are really free to do whatever you think will work, without having to pay anyone to do it.

Granted you do have to shell out some money or innovation to gather traffic, but the education alone is worth triple fold.:D

MI
Back