The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Minimum $$$ to enter the business?

Whats the minimum amount of $$$ for newbie to enter the business with?

• $100-$500

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • $500-$1000

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • $1000-$2000

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • $3000-$5000

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • $5000-$10000

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

UncleScrooge

affiliate
Hi guys, wanted to ask for your insight.

Question is - whats the minimum required sum to enter the business with? (including cost of tools)
Additional question - if i lets say want to get $50/day after 2-3 months, is it still doable with $1-1,5k budget?

Reason why i am asking. I have just $1-$1,5k

Saw advise from Brent Dunn (PPCMode):
"If you are currently living paycheck to paycheck and have no money saved up... Then this industry is not for you! So if you don't have at least $3-5k saved up I highly suggest looking for other means to make money"
Meanwhile other marketers say it depends on GEO you want to enter (i wanted to start with Brazil). Some say 1k is enough to gather enough data to start earning.

I am not afraid of loosing money.
But if business require at least $3-5k to enter, and i have only $1-1,5k that i can spend on gathering pure data, then i should at least take this into consideration)))

Yes, my max is $1-1,5k (including tools) - thats the sum i am not afraid to loose atm)

But message from Brent was like a stop signal to me. its like i am going to drive a car from San Diego to Miami and been told that i need lets say 130 gallons of fuel and i have money for mere 60 gallons))) Yes, there are ways you can get the rest 70 gallons somewhere, but you should at least know you will stuck in the middle of somewhere without fuel)))

So, guys, whats your opinion on the subject?
Does it depend on Geo, or $3-$5k really is absolute comfortable minimum?

Thank you!

Hi @UncleScrooge

I'm a newbie in affiliate like you!

I can tell you that I have already spent 2,5k-3k in the last 2-3 months in tools, tests and tutorials. In all this time I found only one profitable campaign which allowed me to have a positive ROI, but the advertiser stopped it after a couple of days.

However even if I'm new on this forum, I saw in other communities you'll not need to spend 5k in one week! You have to split this 5k in a couple of months. If you have only 1,5k it's fine, you can start with that.

Gabriel

However even if I'm new on this forum, I saw in other communities you'll not need to spend 5k in one week! You have to split this 5k in a couple of months. If you have only 1,5k it's fine, you can start with that.

Yes, i understand that (depending on GEO) one need to break down campaigns and let them go for 1-2-3 weeks to gather data, not spend entire budget quickly.

But if 1,5k is not enough to gather sufficient data and become profitable after that line, then i might probably need to think twice)))

The only required cost should be your cost for domain registration & hosting. If you can't make something form nothing, then (imo) I don't see how spending more money is going to help. But that's me, & every experience is unique.

Last edited:
I didn't say that there are not added costs, but I apply money I make for free to those costs to expand. Adsense & affiliate programs (while low yielding) are free income. (Original post edited to include Domains, you got me on that one ;) )

Saw advise from Brent Dunn (PPCMode):
"If you are currently living paycheck to paycheck and have no money saved up... Then this industry is not for you! So if you don't have at least $3-5k saved up I highly suggest looking for other means to make money"
Whoever tells you things like this is misleading and I don't care how much they're making.

What it comes down to is your bid model, the competition, and the offer you're testing. You want to spend 3 - 10x the offer payout testing to see if the offer converts.

If you have an offer that pays $4.00 per lead, then be willing to drop $40.00+ testing that offer and that offer alone.

Keep in mind, you want to initially split test offers. So if you're split testing five offers all with a similar payout, be prepared to drop $200.00+ testing all five offers.

Ready for the bad news? That's just your preliminary TEST budget. Once you've selected a converting offer, then you want to allocate monthly funds for pushing traffic to that offer.

There's a lot of noise in the industry about this tool and that tool and you gotta have this and gotta have that. Cast that aside. The bare minimum of what you need are as follows..

1. Domains (0.88+ cents)
  2. VPS and/or CDN ($5/10/20+ a month)
  3. Landing pages. If you're coding it's free (or a generator - flat/monthly fee)
  4. Tracker ($0+ a month... Some flat fee)
  5. Money for traffic (your offer, competition bids and personal financial situation will govern this)

Spy tools? If you're really under budget, you can spy for free but it's more of a delicate, limited process.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Whoever tells you things like this is misleading and I don't care how much they're making.

This can be a bit misleading, keep in mind that someone like Brent is speaking through his experience. It may be that what he has done to bring things full circle when he was new may have required this kind of expenditure.

There are most certainly some areas of what we do and solid models to learn by that are going to survive a smaller budget. I can tell you that some of my bread and butter for the past eight years has been in buyer/seller lead gen for the real estate market. If you want to break into that market as a Newbie, you will spend no less than $5k a month.

@servandosilva has recommended at least $2k, if i recall correctly, to get successfully started as a Newbie in PPV.

What it comes down to is your bid model, the competition, and the offer you're testing. You want to spend 3 - 10x the offer payout testing to see if the offer converts.

If you have an offer that pays $4.00 per lead, then be willing to drop $40.00+ testing that offer and that offer alone.

Keep in mind, you want to initially split test offers. So if you're split testing five offers all with a similar payout, be prepared to drop $200.00+ testing all five offers.

This is as accurate as it gets!

Ready for the bad news? That's just your preliminary TEST budget. Once you've selected a converting offer, then you want to allocate monthly funds for pushing traffic to that offer.

This is where the cost of admission can bring the numbers up to what Brent was suggesting, IMO.

There's a lot of noise in the industry about this tool and that tool and you gotta have this and gotta have that. Cast that aside. The bare minimum of what you need are as follows..

1. Domains (0.88+ cents)
  2. VPS and/or CDN ($5/10/20+ a month)
  3. Landing pages. If you're coding it's free (or a generator - flat/monthly fee)
  4. Tracker ($0+ a month... Some flat fee)
  5. Money for traffic (your offer, competition bids and personal financial situation will govern this)
This is a bit less than I would recommend, but this is accurate information. This can be done and is done by many Newbies as well as some experienced marketers. The traffic is the big ticket item on this list and I highly recommend paying attention to members (like @RyanH ) remarks about their traffic sources and how they deal with them. You have to manage your traffic properly!

Spy tools? If you're really under budget, you can spy for free but it's more of a delicate, limited process.

This would turn out to be a lengthy give and take conversation in and of itself. In fact, there are mmany threads debating this here. I myself did learn to spy manually because when I was learning the craft, it was the only thing you could do. We didn't have platforms back then.

Today, I do highly recommend several of these programs, depending on what campaign models you are running.

Thanks @RyanH , since I jumped in earlier, I thought maybe some support and validation was due you. As well, this is a great thread!

This can be a bit misleading, keep in mind that someone like Brent is speaking through his experience. It may be that what he has done to bring things full circle when he was new may have required this kind of expenditure.

There are most certainly some areas of what we do and solid models to learn by that are going to survive a smaller budget. I can tell you that some of my bread and butter for the past eight years has been in buyer/seller lead gen for the real estate market. If you want to break into that market as a Newbie, you will spend no less than $5k a month.

@servandosilva has recommended at least $2k, if i recall correctly, to get successfully started as a Newbie in PPV.

This is as accurate as it gets!

This is where the cost of admission can bring the numbers up to what Brent was suggesting, IMO.

This is a bit less than I would recommend, but this is accurate information. This can be done and is done by many Newbies as well as some experienced marketers. The traffic is the big ticket item on this list and I highly recommend paying attention to members (like @RyanH ) remarks about their traffic sources and how they deal with them. You have to manage your traffic properly!

This would turn out to be a lengthy give and take conversation in and of itself. In fact, there are mmany threads debating this here. I myself did learn to spy manually because when I was learning the craft, it was the only thing you could do. We didn't have platforms back then.

Today, I do highly recommend several of these programs, depending on what campaign models you are running.

Thanks @RyanH , since I jumped in earlier, I thought maybe some support and validation was due you. As well, this is a great thread!

Thanks bro. Validation from a vet in the game such as yourself is rewarding in and of itself.

Well, since i start with lower tier Geo (Brazil), payouts there are much lower (i.e 0,35$), means i will spend much less on testing

Well, yes, i am ready to throw more money when i will see that offer started to convert.
But for for me $1-1,5k is the max sum i ready to spend without getting any ROI. So if after that i already getting good ROI, i am ready to bring more money. But never be lower then -$1,5k. if thats unrealistic, i prefer to know it before i start)))

• VPS and/or CDN ($5/10/20+ a month)
  • Landing pages. If you're coding it's free (or a generator - flat/monthly fee)
  • Tracker ($0+ a month... Some flat fee)
Or, if you choose Adsbrige, for example, you can get all three in one. But thats out of this thread's theme, sorry.

All in all, judging by results in the poll so far, its not so optimistic for me.. Still not sure if its wise to go to battle if i am ready to spend only $1,5k without return (have additional cash only if campaign get positive ROI and i need to throw money to get turnover)

Well, since i start with lower tier Geo (Brazil), payouts there are much lower (i.e 0,35$), means i will spend much less on testing

This makes a huge difference.

Or, if you choose Adsbrige, for example, you can get all three in one.

AdsBridge and @Zach AdsBridge are extremely helpful and will get you to master tracking quickly.

All in all, judging by results in the poll so far, its not so optimistic for me.. Still not sure if its wise to go to battle if i am ready to spend only $1,5k without return (have additional cash only if campaign get positive ROI and i need to throw money to get turnover)

You are getting overly cautious, get more optimistic! You WILL make this happen.

You are getting overly cautious, get more optimistic! You WILL make this happen.
Haha, yes, that correct) Being overly cautious is a result of my experience in strategic market analytics. Sometimes the more you know, the less prepared you feel yourself to be. Need to throw away some (usual) doubts and start moving forward. Of course i understand that people will give me different insights, even the expert ones. And surely there is no guaranteed results) i know that in this business probably 95% or more newbies leave with nothing achieved. Thats normal, thats everywhere)
Thanks for support guys!

Haha, yes, that correct) Being overly cautious is a result of my experience in strategic market analytics. Sometimes the more you know, the less prepared you feel yourself to be. Need to throw away some (usual) doubts and start moving forward. Of course i understand that people will give me different insights, even the expert ones. And surely there is no guaranteed results) i know that in this business probably 95% or more newbies leave with nothing achieved. Thats normal, thats everywhere)
Thanks for support guys!

TJ is right. You remind me a lot of myself before I first took the plunge.

Here's a question I posed a few months back on YouTube, and the reply from the super affiliate at whom it was directed.

25k7clf.jpg

It put things in perspective for me. So I gave the middle finger to my amygdala (fear center) and dived in headfirst.

Just get up one more time than you fall and you'll come out a winner.

build those app to 50-100 a day (fairly easy)
I know apps business quite well, both from development and promotion side.

There are plenty of costs you probably forgot - i.e. development cost (which is way over abovementioned $3k for a good app), update cost and promotion costs. Add here a risk that you measured the market wrong and your app got mediocre results or reviews. App market is definitely no way easier then CPA marketing, quite the contrary. Investment-wise, its much more demanding.

Last edited:
banners
Back