The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

MegaPush Overspend Warning!!!

DoubleDouble

Hi Fixers,

a heads up here. I though to test Megapush with a sweeps offer I have working well on another source. The platform itself is OK, and they were happy enough to take my money. The warning that I can give you all. the campaign had a 100%+ overspend. Thats right 100%+

upload_2019-1-10_15-33-20.png

There are some things here that I will openly acknowledge and any would be push marketers out there should prepare for:
1) Push can overspend once the campaigns hit cap, or once they are manually turned off. In fact MegaPush is kind enough to notify advertisers of this exact fact.
2) The spend on the campaign was a test and was quite small.
3) I have run push with the likes of Propellor Ads, Zeropark and Adcash and all whilst may have had slight overdelivery were pretty legit and ballpark within the 10-20% figure. (in all cases less)

Megapush highlight why you might still get clicks after a campaign and prepare you for the overspend. Note it states up to 20%

upload_2019-1-10_15-34-42.png

30% overspend on push whilst is disruptive to marketing planning is not the end of the world, but this is over 100% and still growing!

I thought that I would reach out to their support. "Emilia" the support agent, was quick to highlight the above to me, and quick to shoot down ANY responsibility from their side.

upload_2019-1-10_15-37-51.png

It's "just the way our platform works". i.e. they dont show you impressions, and it just so happens to run your budgets dry.

So heed this as a warning please, they have lots of sexy case studies, and people have written about them, but until they are prepared to be more transparent in terms of impressions (so you can at least plan for something) as well as compensate advertisers when things mess up on their side. I would not recommend them.

I certainly wont be refilling my account with them next time!

Interesting.
This is the first detailed review from a 'trusted' source
This is my experience, from what I hear other people had a similar experience where they had 200/300% overspend which is totally nuts.

I also hear that the traffic quality is OK if you can stomach the possible overspends. But If you run a business you cannot account for a totally random overspend especially not when it can be multiples of a campaign budget.

the same here form me guys.
70USD went quickly in 2hours brought 1lead.
they have a field when you put the cursor in it it rests, and it's the daily budget :(

I wonder why they don't show impressions, so you don't see CTR etc neither? Bit fishy..

Good heads up though, support like that aint good neither with or without an overspend, they seem to not care about the only thing keeping them alive!

I also had the same problem, and the support is very cold and they don't want to solve anything. In other trafficc sources i get the money back if these things happen.

I ran push campaigns in Zeropark and RTX and it doesn't happen the same as in Megapush.

Hello,

Same happens to me the last several days. The budget I have set was $5, brand new campaign. I set it, it went to moderation.
15 MINUTES LATER
The campaign spent $20, still not stopped, over 2000 clicks, 0 leads!
I had 2 of those campaigns, with a total budget limit of $10, that have spent in total $30. I opened the chat with the rep (Sergey) and got this:
Rep: "It is normal, you had late clicks
Me: This is not normal, if it was $1-$2 over, while your algorithm makes the stop, I understand, but this is 4 times the limit i have set. If you go to McDonalds and order 1 $10 burger, they give you 4 and charge you $40, will this be normal to you?
Rep: This is not mcdonalds... this is how our system works, yes it can be more then 20 times too, and everybody knows that
Me
: so in other words, your system DOES NOT work?
Rep: in other words OUR SYSTEM have too much traffic, thats why sometimes your campaigns can overflow like this
Me: and you have NO CONTROL of your traffic? At all? how is that a working system?
Rep: if we CONTROL traffic you will receive traffic to slow, we tryed to do that, but no one likes it so we bring old system back"

Than I asked a contact to a higher manager and he responded "I am your manager"

I just ran a test campaign with a budget of $13 and it overshot to $113+ ... and its still spending.

The campaign also overspent on funds... so it's run into negative balance.

How is that anywhere near 10-30% the budget range that they advise?

I only wanted to run a small optimization test... but this ran totally out of control.

What should I do? Is it even worth reaching out to them for help?

Will be one of the last times I use MP unless they improve control.

Attachments

• wtf mp.png
    wtf mp.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 22
MegaPush have THE WORST possible support. Try writing to them, but I`m afraid you will get the rude and bold response:
"this is how our system works, yes it can be more then 20 times too, and everybody knows that"
Make noise.. The guy that from $20 limit, spent $600 got refunded and awarded a "VIP" (whatever that cap means) after posting it in social media.
2 days ago their CEO had a statement that they had a problem with overspend once again and a lot of their customers have gone to a negative balance, which he claimed they refunded to $0.
So make noise! These bold pricks should not be let doing whatever they want!

Hi Fixers,

a heads up here. I though to test Megapush with a sweeps offer I have working well on another source. The platform itself is OK, and they were happy enough to take my money. The warning that I can give you all. the campaign had a 100%+ overspend. Thats right 100%+

View attachment 13735

There are some things here that I will openly acknowledge and any would be push marketers out there should prepare for:
1) Push can overspend once the campaigns hit cap, or once they are manually turned off. In fact MegaPush is kind enough to notify advertisers of this exact fact.
2) The spend on the campaign was a test and was quite small.
3) I have run push with the likes of Propellor Ads, Zeropark and Adcash and all whilst may have had slight overdelivery were pretty legit and ballpark within the 10-20% figure. (in all cases less)

Megapush highlight why you might still get clicks after a campaign and prepare you for the overspend. Note it states up to 20%

View attachment 13736

30% overspend on push whilst is disruptive to marketing planning is not the end of the world, but this is over 100% and still growing!

I thought that I would reach out to their support. "Emilia" the support agent, was quick to highlight the above to me, and quick to shoot down ANY responsibility from their side.

View attachment 13737

It's "just the way our platform works". i.e. they dont show you impressions, and it just so happens to run your budgets dry.

So heed this as a warning please, they have lots of sexy case studies, and people have written about them, but until they are prepared to be more transparent in terms of impressions (so you can at least plan for something) as well as compensate advertisers when things mess up on their side. I would not recommend them.

I certainly wont be refilling my account with them next time!

I'm literally locked out of my account lol

Apparently I've enabled 2FA with my Google Authenticator which I didn't and I've checked. It's not there.

its 23rd June and its the same case with me, unfortunately, i haven't read this thread before i launched my first campaign yesterday. When I have set the budget limit to be 7$ and the CPC to be 0.09$ then Baaaam after 2hours of chilling with my friends it spends all my balance which is 106$ and more. when i talked to their support they said "this is how our system works we deliver a lot of traffic to those who bid higher" but when i set the cpc bid to be 0.09$ i have set it to get higher quality traffic not to spend all my balance without getting a single conversion.
I wouldn't recommend anyone to use their traffic source especially because they weren't transparent in the way their system works. soooo yeah I just got scammed in a polite way
dzsdds.PNG

Last edited:
banners
Back