The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Media Buying question

herzit

affiliate
Dear CPAfix members,

I have read the completly guide from K. Something was new to me, something not.
The best part for me was the media buying section, i know the power of this but I have a few questions about it.

After I read K's eBook i decided to buy another book about media buying.

Now I have a few questions.

If im approved by an webmastrr of an forum about eg Dating, how do I do that with the banners?

I have my offer and give 3 of them an subID via maxbounty B1, b2, b3.

So now I dont know what I have to do after that... Should I give the webmaster all of the 3 banners and he hasto insert all 3 of them into his forum?

Where should the banners be displayed?

How can i test it, in the eBook ive bought there was a case study and he said the following:

After gathering enough data, you will then eliminate non-profitable banners and keep the profitable ones.

The first part of his case study:
First 5 Days: Banner 1: 18 clicks, 0 conversions Banner 2: 33 clicks, 2 conversions Banner 3: 27 clicks, 0 conversions

He said then that he deleted the first banner cause the stats are to bad... That means that he inserted 3 different banners for one offer at the forum???

What is if he delet the 1 banner... is he going to replace the first with the secound which is already making money???

What is about banner rotation???

I hope anyone can explain me the steps after Im accepted by an webmaster to insert my banners?

Best regards & have a nice day,
Peter

Hey Herzit,

Welcome to the board. If I read your post correctly, you are mentioning trying out a direct media buy. If this whole thing is new to you, I would suggest you start by working on some self serve platforms where you can target a bit better. You would usually get into a direct buy on site once it has proven itself or you are sure or have a very good idea of what to expect. Depending on what kind of traffic you are trying to target, there are a ton of self serve platforms out there, a lot of them mentioned on this site. Try to find something PPC while you learn how it all works with banners, etc.

For your tracking question, the subid is what you will pass so that you can keep track of your clicks, conversions, etc. I'm not sure which one you are using, but ask your AM. I'm pretty sure they can and will help you get it straight.

Best of luck to you!

banners
Back