The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Maxbounty - Voluum - PropellerAds -- wrong settings?

Tombc

affiliate
Hi there,

Always the same thing: Newbie is asking for help :)

I'm running a offer from MaxBounty, using PropellerAds and Voluum. There are impressions but no clicks. It would be phantastic if I could check the settings of the Campaign together with someone to be sure that "no clicks" depents on the landingpage... and not to the settings. From my point of view it make no sense to go forward with splittestings/optimizing when loosing traffic depents on wrong settings.

May be I choose the wrong traffic source for this offer? So many questions and even more informations out there. I hope the forum will be enlighten me :)

Kind regards
Thomas

Hi there,

Always the same thing: Newbie is asking for help :)

I'm running a offer from MaxBounty, using PropellerAds and Voluum. There are impressions but no clicks. It would be phantastic if I could check the settings of the Campaign together with someone to be sure that "no clicks" depents on the landingpage... and not to the settings. From my point of view it make no sense to go forward with splittestings/optimizing when loosing traffic depents on wrong settings.

May be I choose the wrong traffic source for this offer? So many questions and even more informations out there. I hope the forum will be enlighten me :)

Kind regards
Thomas
Hi Tombc, you do mention a very good point, so i'll advice you to merge a spy-tool to your campaign, to help you targeting the right traffic source also, and also after help you out with optimization of this campaign, etc...It's great you already integrated a good tracker like Voluum, and joined Propellerads, Good choices! I can suggest you to go for a tool like AdmobiSpy, to help you out with the optimizations and traffic issues, it's a good tool that should surely help you out with those struggles, and this for the cheapest cost i do know for those type of tools, but also, a great support, and they do integrate Peopellerads on their service, so will be very helpful mate. You can reach them over here, and wish you good luck with this.

Hi Astroboss,

thank you for your advice. Actual I singed in an Adplexitiy, but I canceled the account. In my start up phase It is really expensive and in the moment I can't see a big advantage based on this monthly amount. May be later.

There are still a couple of days till my subsriptiion ends, so I will use it in that kind of your advice.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Purelander,

After research when I started, I decide to go to Mainstream: Sweepstakes, Games and Utility Apps. I would like to check the possibilies in tier 2 countries.

From my MacBounty-AM I got the advice to go for a game, target Italy.

I don't know if this is a good decision to earn money, but my main-target in the moment is to learn how to setup the complete campaign as i wrote in the headline (MaxBounty-offer - Voluum - PropellerAds, including tracking and Postback). I fear that I made a mistake concering the settings, because there is traffic from PropellerAds to voluum but not in MaxBounty. In the first step I would be very happy, if only the traffic will arrive correctly at MaxBounty.

Kind regards
Thomas

Hi Purelander,

After research when I started, I decide to go to Mainstream: Sweepstakes, Games and Utility Apps. I would like to check the possibilies in tier 2 countries.

From my MacBounty-AM I got the advice to go for a game, target Italy.

I don't know if this is a good decision to earn money, but my main-target in the moment is to learn how to setup the complete campaign as i wrote in the headline (MaxBounty-offer - Voluum - PropellerAds, including tracking and Postback). I fear that I made a mistake concering the settings, because there is traffic from PropellerAds to voluum but not in MaxBounty. In the first step I would be very happy, if only the traffic will arrive correctly at MaxBounty.

Kind regards
Thomas
Do you use Prelander?? If so what is the link that you placed in your CTA button??

Hi Purelander,

Yes I'm using a landingpage.

I insert the link i my CTA-Button that I get from voluum (Settings | Tracking URLs | Click URL):

upload_2018-1-12_6-29-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-11_19-29-33.png
    upload_2018-1-11_19-29-33.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
ok then you have to know that max-bounty account will only reccord the clicks that were performed on your landing page.. meaning if 1000visitors viewd your landing page then 10 of them clicked on CTA button, you only going to see these 10 clicks on your maxbounty dashboard

Ok, I understand. Meanwhile I got 1 Click but zero leads.
This means: When a visitor made a click on my CTA button, the visitor will be lead to the offer-landingpage. And in the case that the visitor subscribe to the game I will get 1 lead. Is this correct?

If yes, I'm very proud, because I got 1 Click on my CTA-button, hehehe :)
--> My very first CTA-Click --> Champagne!!! / Next stop: the first lead :)

The most important thing is, that my settings work well.
The result of 2 Days (splittest with 2 landers) from Voluum:
upload_2018-1-11_20-4-24.png

Here are the data from PropellerAds:
upload_2018-1-11_20-5-46.png

MaxBounty:
upload_2018-1-11_20-12-39.png

In this case the question for me is, based on 14,416 Impressions, 10,446 Visits, 1 CTA-Click and the costs of 28.83 $:
What is the value of these campaign? Should I run it and optimize, or should I stop it?

> May be someone could give me an advice concerning the best traffic type
upload_2018-1-11_20-14-54.png

I read a lot of tutorials, but on the base of the data I found, I'm not able to decide what will be the best traffic type to start. So I decide to start with contextual (and used the tracking code from MaxBounty)

In PropellerAds I selected
upload_2018-1-11_20-18-35.png

Is this the way to start with such a offer?

Greetings
Thomas

yes thats correct.
then you need to know that pop trafic is low quality, thats said, you need to know that in order to have great ctr (%of people clicking your CTA button) your lander should be very catchy. so you should at least test 3 or 4 landers with different disign to see witch one will have the hieghest CTR and then try to test different elements within the winning LP (headline, pictures, CTA button,..) to get conversions...
try to ask your AM if you could send trafic directly without using LP and test that either.
For me this one click costed you $28 it's very expensive, use other landers and test them and watch whats going to happen.
best of luck.

never-the-less you should check if your postback works properly, and for that you can ask your AM to fire o test lead to check.

Hi Aimad,
first of all thank you for your huge advice. I will triy this immediately

But on the other hand, Postback is my big problem :-(

I don't really understand how to setup it.

E.g.:
From Voluum I get a postback URL like this:
http://xyz.com/postback?cid=REPLACE&payout=OPTIONAL&txid=OPTIONAL
upload_2018-1-12_6-34-21.png

with the additional info:
upload_2018-1-11_21-11-32.png

The link "Click here": Postback URL / Secure Postback URL – Welcome to the Voluum knowledge base

In MaxBounty there is a option:
upload_2018-1-12_6-32-30.png

It seems that "I lose sight of the forrest of the trees"
I don't really understand in which way I have to use all of these settings.

It would be great if you or someone out there could hold a bulb over my head :)

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-11_21-7-53.png
    upload_2018-1-11_21-7-53.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 26
  • upload_2018-1-11_21-10-26.png
    upload_2018-1-11_21-10-26.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
just make sure that you're putting the right tokens in the right spots, also, if S1 reffers to click id in maxbounty then when you're setting your offer link into voluum, make sure to assign {click_id} token to S1 variable in your offer link. is it clear enough for you??

also, it would be a peace of advice to hide your traking domain and any ID that could reffer to your links in forums. i don't know why but i see that advanced marketers do that all the time hahaha

Hi Aimad,
Thanks again for your support :)
Now I got many informations so I must see how to setup this. I will inform you about the progress.
Also thank you for your advice concerning the hiding:)

Hi @Tombc,
You're giving good trying and @Aimad gave worthy advise to help you.
Before make offer live, make sure with integration and if test goes well, then make easy to live offer. Give sometime to offer for evaluation judge result and at same time select one most relevant traffic source for your particular offer and do A-B testing.

Hi Devangi,

also thanks for your advice :)

But it seems that there is still a "notunderstanding" for me. May be someone could give me a advice in this case, too?

In Voluum I get the traffic source postback URL "http://ad.propellerads.com/conversion.php?aid=XXXXX&pid=&tid=XXXXX&visitor_id=${SUBID}" together with the adivice "Use this option if you need to fire conversions back to your traffic source"

Setting up the PropellerAds to work with Voluum, in the helpdesk of PropellerAds I found that:
"Don’t forget to change “REPLACE” to actual IDs (aid, pid & tid) from “Conversion Tracking” screen in your advertiser’s account."

I didn't find a description where the "aid, pid & tid" could be found. Where I have to search for this data? Voluum, MaxBounty?

And the next thing is: On one side I should place the "=${SUBID}" and in other places I found something like this: {externalid}

I really hope that ther is someone who could clarify this together with me, because in the moment I'm really confused about the different things.

Kind regards
Thomas

hi thomas,
how are you doing, how is your campaign,
subid you should replace it with click_id token in voluum,
this is your post back from trafic source, it's optional just in case you want to track conversions in your trafic source, you should place it into voluum then replace subid with click id from voluum, the other parameters look for them in propler ads you must find some knowledge data base where they explain everything
best regards
Aimad

Hi Aimad,
thanks for your reply. Concerning my campaign: I stoped it because it is really to expensive and additional I realized a mistake in the URLs (done by me - hehehe). So first of all I would fix that all and understand the tracking. Because in the moment, it seems like I don't get it in my mind :-(

Basicly I know, that Max Bounty talk to Voluum and on the other site PropellerAds talkt ot Voluum. If I understand it the right way, Voluum brings all together so I will be able to analize the data.

what I don't understand are the different token. On one site there is MaxBounty and on the other site is PorpellerAds

The MaxBounty "Tracking code" for this offer is: http://www.mb104.com/lnk.asp?o=9464&c=918271&a=290664&l=8996 (no idea what this numbers should talk to me)
... and this link shoud be include this: "&s1={clickid}" at the end.

From my point of view this should be the the Offer URL which I should paste it into the "offer"-settings in Voluum:
upload_2018-1-13_11-36-11.png

Additional I get another code from MaxBounty:
The MaxBounty "Default Callback Code" is:

upload_2018-1-13_12-5-23.png

Also I have no idea whats the difference between this URLs and how to use it. Should I add or replacec there some codes? Or can I use this code as it is an put it into Voluum?

I read a lot of tutorials, but because of the different tokens of the different affiliate networks I don't found a sloution which I understand really.

For example I found this tutorial:
#2: Basics: Bring Voluum and MaxBounty to talk to each other

Last edited:
ok let me break it to you this way.
basicly the tokens are the language that allows all the different part of your campaign to talk to each other, how is that?
lets think of it this way:
-maxbounty to voluum: Hello voluum here is the link (offer link) where to send me trafic, and please make sure to add me IDs for every single click you send to me, and please send it in this envelope "S1"

-voluum to maxbounty: ok dude i got you

so voluum would take this link and add his token to the envolope "S1 parameter" then he would prepaire an other link (campaign link) with his own parameters and then he would ask propller ads for trafic.

-voluum to propllerad: hey propler ad would you please send me some trafic on this link? i would apriciate it thanks.

then propler ads start sending trafic to that link and will ask voluum for a favor to

-propllerads to voluum: here is the trafic you asked for, and please if any one converted please notice me and send me back its ID in this envelop "visitor-id" and here is the link "proplere post back url" where to send it

voluum takes the trafic and asign to every visitor a unique id "the click id" and then send all the trafic via the offer link to maxbounty and evry single id is sent in the envolope "S1" as maxbounty asked so when max bounty gets the envolops he already knows what he expects to find in them "click ids"

voluume also askes max bounty a favor, he told him to send him back the converted click ids, so he gives him his post back url and he tells him to fill in the "&cid=" parameter with a value frome the "s1" envoloppe, wich is non other than the click-id that max bounty have received

so when someone convert, maxbounty check his id, and he send it back to voluum via "voluum post back", then voluum show you the result in stats and then he sends the same id to propller via his post back url too. and this is basicly how everything works

when you anderstand how things works you start care less about how every network calls his own parameters, because they all work the same way

for example, i work with mobidea and i use bemobe tracker and popads

popads doesn't require any post back so nothing for me to configure here

mobidea they need to know every visitor id so they give for each offer one parameter to fill in, it's not "S1", it's "tag"
but it does the same thing as "S1" from maxbounty does.

again if i want to receive back the conversions id, i just give them a post back url from bemob, but this time in "&cid=" parameter i'm not going to ask for "tag" (like you'll ask for s1 in maxbounty), no, i must ask for tag value in mobidea platform wich they call external_id

you see there are many ways to name this parameters but they all works the same way

with all that said, you always need to go back to your AM to help you because they know the platforme better

i remeber when i setup my post back it wasn't working eventhough "i thought" it was correct, but my AM told me that the fields are case sencetive (i wrote in small letters while i should wrote them in capital) you see? always ask your AM they know better

sorry it's long, i'll end up with examples:

1- your example: maxbounty-proplerad-volum
offer link: maxbountydomaindotcom?xxxidxxxidxxx&s1={click-id} (with {click-id}token from voluum
post back for voluum: volumtrackindomaindotcom/conversion/&cid=#s1# (s1 token from maxbounty)
post back for propler ad: propleradtrackindomaindotcom/conversion/visitor-id={click-id} (again token from voluum)

2- my example: mobidea-bemob
offer link: mobideaofferdotcom/aff_id/off_id/tarck1=xxxtrack2xxx&tag={clickId} (clickId token from bemob)
postback for bemob: bemobtrackingdomaindotcom/conversion/&cid={{EXTERNAL_ID}} (external id tokken from mobidea notice how i wrot it {{EXTERNAL_ID}}, it's important to double triple check the way parameters are writen in your affiliate network

i hope that i have make it a little bit clear for you

best of luck

banners
Back