The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

MaxBounty just terminated my account?

Viljoen

affiliate
Last night when I opened my email, I received a mail from MaxBounty which says the following:

"Hi there,

Your MaxBounty account has been terminated for fraud.

If you would like to appeal this termination, please reply with a detailed
e-mail, explaining how you are promoting our campaigns and why you think we
might have terminated your account.

Compliance Team
MaxBounty"

Here is what I do not understand? I have made my first dollar with them on 20 March 2015 where I have built a review type website getting search traffic in the online surveys vertical.

I have sent nothing but good quality traffic to them as that specific website also teach the readers how to fill in the surveys honestly and how to make more money with surveys.

The last time I added content to that website was also 9 May 2015 and was making money with it ever since. Ryan MacWha also asked me if I could increase the volume because the advertisers are very happy with the quality of traffic that I send them.

The month of august 2016 my traffic started to increase as I was ranking for more keywords and I also generated more leads. I went through their terms and conditions again to find out what I did wrong.

Here is what I did NOT do
1. I know that it is against the terms to complete the offers yourself which is just reckless btw. I have never done this as it is just stupid.

2. I also did not purposely try to mislead any of my visitors into trying to complete the offers. Heck, even some of the reviews that I have written got a negative rating especially when a survey panel did not live up to the standards.

Since May 2015 nothing has changed on my website so why would Maxbounty accuse me of fraud after 16 months of generating traffic to their offers.

Here is what I suspect
I suspect that one of my competitors might be behind this where they went to my website and completed the same offer once with different email addresses hoping that Maxbounty will accuse me of fraud. I really hope this is not the case, but anything is possible in today.

I did appeal for the termination but they still did not respond. Have any of you experience this from Maxbounty as I would like to switch all of my links to Peerfly? I am just afraid that the same thing will happen to them also because this is out of my control.

Viljoen

This has happened with one of my friend. He was running paid traffic on a trial offer. He was doing good. His AM told him to increase traffic. After couple of weeks he got the same mail. He couldn't found out how he did fraud. He just moved on to other networks and is doing pretty well.

@k might ping steve from maxbount about this thread.

I have been with Maxbounty for almost 16 months and I really like them. If their decision is to ban me permanently, then I can always move all of my links to Peerfly, but if there is really someone that is trying to jeopardize my website, then this can happen again.

I am just afraid to do this as I do not want to lose my Peerfly account for the exact same reason :(

Viljoen Have a talk with Luke peerfly. Tell him the whole story and ask him if its safe to promote peerfly offers on your site. He will give you a clear idea if its safe or not. From my point of view its safe. Just have a talk with @LukePeerFly

Hello Viljoen,

Looking at your account, it appears many of your leads were generated through fraudulent devices. That's what led to your account being terminated.

I will accept your explanation that a competitor may have been responsible for this, and will re-instate your account.

Did you write such a detailed e-mail as an appeal to the termination e-mail?

Hi Steve

Thanks for reinstating my account and I just wish I knew how to stop this from ever happening again.

I did reply to the original e-mail, asking the compliance team what was going on and still did not receive a reply. The mail was not as detailed as this post because at that time I did not know what was going on.

Only after reading Maxbounty's terms and condition again, I had an idea what the problem might be. I also brainstormed for a while to figure out what to do next.

Sorry for not sending such a detailed mail to the compliance team instead of Affiliatefix as I did not know what to do.

Is there anything that I can do to stop the leads being created by these fraudulent devices?

Viljoen

Hi Viljoen glad you got your account reinstated!
I too had my account terminated after i was running paid traffic to a email submit offer. I was with them for years. I tried contacting them and did not get a response at all. I never purposely did anything fraudulent or unethical. I take this business very seriously.
I realize this is an old post but wanted to share my experience to help others.

It's very strange anyway to have account banned just for running some paid traffic to e-mail submit, what did they expect to e-mail submit then ? Pure SEO traffic or what ? I assume there maybe some other reason like simply bad traffic and advertiser do not want to pay.

I'm baffled but the whole thing Aveathlei but i run offers for other cpa networks which is going ok.

banners
Back