The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Matt Cutts: Start Over With Penguin

jcorkern

<b>Senior Member - SEO Pro<br />Global Moderator</
Administrator
There may be a lot of webmasters and SEO's starting fresh from Penguin from what this is stating, and it is from Matt Cutts, so I would consider it good info.

If you've cleaned and still don't recover, ultimately, you might need to start all over with a fresh site, Cutts said.

Yes, that is scary for someone who was hit, is trying to frantically make changes but has not seen any recovery. Now, if you have not seen a recovery yet - I wouldn't worry, I don't think they refreshed the update yet, so there wouldn't be any recoveries in my opinion.

But Google is not going to roll this back. Google's Matt Cutts said, "It's been a success from our standpoint." Were there false positives? Few Cutts said, "we've seen a few cases where we might want to investigate more, but this change hasn't had the same impact as Panda or Florida." Very interesting.

Read More

would you consider a website that has been enjoying authority rankings on Page 1 suddenly dropped to pages 2 and 3 "hit"?
Im not sure if I should worry, but Im reinventing things on my site

I would have to look at the site and do a backlink analysis, but a one or two page drop does not sound like a major problem. Sounds like you had some links devalued, but not a slap.

Unless you left nasty backlinks behind hidden somewhere your site should be fine. I haven't suffered at all during the Panda, Penguin update. Infact I've gained more credabiliy!

the whole penguin thing has made me wonder.

Would links from general forums come under scrutiny too?

And if you ever did make bad choice black links, from link farms to your site, how exactly do you undo it?

And if questionable links are on link forums (with thousands of auto posted comments) wont that eventually fade into obscurity as the posted date gets old?

I am not too worried, though the power G yields to turn grey or misunderstood seo practices into illegal events and kill your business does seem INCREDIBLY wrong. Fine if you are doing affiliate links, or you are a IM company, but when your business relies soley on one or two sites, its scary as hell. There is no other such monopoly of such power in the world, and they are completely unregulated. More power to them ...

banners
Back