The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Marketing Your Business With Amazon

jjarrett

There are two parts to Amazon. The first will apply to you if you are an affiliate as this will help you. It also applies to those who sell their own products on Amazon. Part two is for authors. I've included links to both these profiles so you can see it in action.

I am an Amazon Prime member. Prime members are Amazon customers who have been selected by Amazon to receive products for free in order to review them. It's not a well known program, but it's one I am a member of, and I've written over 100 reviews. According to Brent Sampson of Outskirts Press, if you are an author, this is one of the best ways to get your review at the top of a list of book reviews for a book. This can help you if you are reviewing books in your genre by putting you in front of your audience.

Reviewer Profile

The Reviewer profile is the profile within your Amazon account. Once you sign up for Amazon, the very first thing you want to do is to complete this profile. This is the section down the left of the page. Include your photo. Write a catchy slogan. Let people know who you are or tag your business in some way. Don't forget to include your link to your website. A lot of people don't know you can do this, but you can.

There are three sections of this page that you need to concern yourself with. The section that will help you the most, if you are an affiliate, is the Guides.

Reviews - The more reviews you have, the better you rank as a reviewer. If you are an author, this is crucial. The reason is that you want your reviews at the top for a book you are reviewing, especially if they are books related to what you write. The way to make this happen is to write as many book reviews as you can. The magic number seems to be 100, but the more reviews you have, the more enhanced your reputation is on this site as they rank reviewers.

Lists - If you're an author, create a list of your books. If you have Kindles and Books, then create a list of each. This attaches your books to this profile. Otherwise, your books/Kindles only show up on your author profile, and you want it to show up on both places.

Guides - Guides are one of the best ways to brand yourself as an expert. How you want to do this is to write a guide related to the topic of each of your websites. Then you want to include a link to your website. You can't use http:// here, but who cares? Let your visitors know you have a site. It's traffic. You can look at the guide I have created in order to understand how to do this. Click the guides tab on my profile.

Author Profile

Author Central

When you are creating your author profile, the same thing applies. Make sure your profile is complete. The sections on this profile are different, so make sure you complete them all so that you get the most from your author profile. This is connected to all your books/Kindles, but this is also an easy promotional opportunity too because you are allowed to add all your books to it. So, once you've completed the profile portion, and that includes writing your description (don't forget to include links to your sites), then complete the following sections.

Books - Amazon requires you to claim your books so they are added to your profile. When you log into your account, you will see the link to the page where you go to add your books. Add your books to your profile.

Twitter/Blog - These features are on your author profile. Make sure you add the RSS feed for your blog and add your Twitter information so this shows up on your profile.

Pictures/Video - Add more pictures of yourself or about your business. Also, add videos from your Youtube account to show your expertise. If you have video testimonials, add those here too.

One final thing you want to do before you are finished is to create a user friendly redirect to your profile. You will will find this in the top right hand corner of the profile page. Amazon has also added an array of statistics for you, which will tell you more about your sales. You'll find these across the top of the page, including your author rank and customer reviews.

One other feature of Amazon that is available are the forums. This may be a way to connect with your audience, but personally I think it's place where people go to argue so I don't use them.

Previous Lessons

Google

Facebook

Youtube

Yahoo

MI
Back