The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Marketing w StumbleUpon

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Have you discovered the marketing power built into StumbleUpon? There are numerous ways affiliates, merchants and other online marketers can use Stumble to generate traffic. In today's post you will discover all of the best resources for learning more about how to capitalize on StumbleUpon for marketing and traffic.

1st, Garrett French over at Search Engine Journal has an in-depth write-up and gives 5 reasons
why marketers - from Fortune 500 companies to affiliate marketers - should use SU:

<blockquote><strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.searchenginejournal.com/?p=4470">The Why, How and Who of Marketing in StumbleUpon</a></strong>
1. They hit 540k users last year. They?re at 1.84 million international users and growing in 2007.
2. They?re not replacing search or sites like Digg - they are their own beast due to their collaborative filtering/recommendation engine. Think Amazon recommendations for web pages and video.
3. Competitively they?re not trying to beat search? they?re taking on television. Spend an hour with Stumble Video and meditate on what that could mean for the future of how people interact with and control their entertainment.
4. They will eventually have a bidding model, but right now have a 5 cents a click flat rate. That is, they are cheap right now, like Gross?s GoTo was when he first busted it out.
5. An API is in the works. When SU starts to splinter through APIs you want to know already how to market here.</blockquote>
Then Garrett goes on to share his insights about Free Marketing Via StumbleUpon, Tips for Paid Advertising on StumbleUpon and Collective Stumble Upon Marketing Experience: Who?s Doing It.

Last but not least, head over to the <strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.mikebogo.com/ultimate-stumbleupon-resource.php">Ultimate StumbleUpon Resource</a> </strong>where Mike Bogo lists all the best StumbleUpon marketing articles, blogs and information.

SO.... anyone here using StumbleUpon?
Share your results!

StumbleUpon is a favorite haunt of mine. I've heard from people about record traffic being generated from the site. I'm fairly new there, so the jury is still out for me, but I'm anticipating good things. Thanks for getting the word out, Linda! ;)

I've done a couple of paid campaigns. Since I'm not selling anything just building traffic to 5 star it's always hard for me to tell how good the traffic is. But for 5 cents a visitor it's worth a try.

I haven't paid for any clicks but I've read stories on other boards about people who have managed to increase their traffic by getting "fans." Check that out...it can be very helpful (and free)!

That's the main way I know of but to tell you the truth haven't used it for a long time.
I should, just have not had time.

Only have done paid campaigns because I have more money than time.
Just occurred to me I should hire a 16 year old to just do social marketing for me.
I can't keep up with all the friend requests and stuff on all these networks.

banners
Back