The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Making Money

richkid

affiliate
Hey guys, just wondering why do some people make more money in any business or field. I am just entering this affiliate and going to start writing my first blog but any topic that us new people will choose are already written by others then how is it possible to reach the height that other experts have already reached.

Hey guys, just wondering why do some people make more money in any business or field. I am just entering this affiliate and going to start writing my first blog but any topic that us new people will choose are already written by others then how is it possible to reach the height that other experts have already reached.

Those who are thinking about doing something are usually passed up by someone already doing it...

Ancient Chinese Proverb

Marketers enter crowded niches all the time and still succeed.

Here's something to think about richkid...

All this time you're investing trying to figure this out beforehand could have been invested in doing something focused on climbing the "ladder" to the "height" you're referring to. (see that word that keeps popping up, doing? That's most of the answer to your question.)

What success someone else has, has almost nothing to do with the success you might have (except to provide some general business insight to model, but who knows if that is right for you?).

And something else to consider...

Even if you found a brand new topic that no one else has written on before (exploring a brand-new niche)...doesn't mean you'll have any easier of a time becoming successful within that new niche (it's a common error in thinking).

New niches might not have enough customers to support your business the way you need to. You might have to become an inventor of a new product, which in and of itself has a whole host of challenges (like being a pioneer that everyone else starts to "copy" once you're successful)...and a bunch of other challenges.

So your choices are...

New niche/product/market with little competition but it's own challenges vs. Established niche/products/market with competition and it's own challenges...

Either way...you have challenges. You'll have to decide for yourself which set of challenges you want to face.

Bottom line is richkid... in my opinion, it's time to get to work, make some valuable mistakes (like we all have before success started), and report back to us with some test results :)

That's what I would like to see personally, you coming back to this forum with some test results from seriously focused massive effort promoting something. Who knows? You might just start on the path to success ;)

I'm not trying to discourage you from asking questions of course (really, I'm not, more challenging you)...but you've been provided some pretty good responses from various people at this forum (stuff that is high-level). You wanted to know what separates those at a "high level" from those that don't get the results they seek...it starts with the mindset of doing without fear of failure.

So the challenge is...if the information you have been supplied was all you could get your hands on (it isn't, but let's pretend), what are you going to do with it?
(i.e. a travel blog about your country, a social community, etc...etc...)

I'd love to hear your success story richkid :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing to big or been kept a secret about being successful with internet marketing.
Just dont be lazy and dont also be desperate.
Take each step one at a time and avoid putting your hands into promoting too many products.
Seek for tips to succeed in your niche market and always be focused to what you are doing and you will succeed richkid.

How to succeed in affiliate marketing

Success is easily attained if you are dedicated enough, and if you think you have what it takes to make it work.

With affiliate marketing, it's all about trial and error. Really, if you can get your hands on on some, or a lot of traffic, you can make as much money as your brain dreams off. The hard part though, in my opinion, is not getting the traffic, it's knowing how to make the sale.

For instance, you manage to go to an adnetwork, and you cut a deal with them to run 1 million impressions a day, or for the whole month. Chances are, you are going to try many campaigns, and you will not be able to convert your program at the rate that you are spending your money. Which means you will be in the hole at the end of the day, or month. The advice that I always give to people is, know who you are marketing to. So with the adnetwork, ask them what channel are they targeting you to, or request a specific channel. So if they are targeting you to social media, then chances are, you want a program that targets the younger audience. So now you have to think boys and girls. Now run 10 different offers for a few days, just so you can get some metrics (reporting). After that, see which campaign that you spent the least on and made the most money, and concentrate on that one campaign, and drop all the rest.

This is proper optimization. You might lose a significant amount of money in the beginning, however, when you find the sweet spot, you will make all of the money that you lost back in 1 or 2 days.

So in order to be successful, and reach the heights you speak off, you really have to test, and probably lose some money along the way. It all takes persistence. I remember, I ran an ad one time on this one publisher, and I was losing $1,200 a day for a whole week. I didn't stop the ad because I wanted to test a lot of offers. Eventually I found the offer that converted really well and I smashed it. I know not everybody has the balls, or the money to do it, but sometimes, that's part of what you need;).

I hope this helps you. Best of luck to you!

Cheers!

MI
Back