The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Making a Sustainable Online Income!

matthewzinda

Every affiliate marketer wants to know, "How do you make a SUSTAINABLE online INCOME?"

The answer is, first of all, think of a way to provide the most people with the best SOLUTION to their worst PROBLEM!

Then do some KEYWORD RESEARCH, and make yourself a simple, one page WEBSITE!

On the website, offer a FREE gift in exchange for your visitors NAMES, and EMAIL ADDRESSES, and that is about it! That should be pretty much the only job your website should have; to get your visitors names, and email addresses!

Then, using an AUTO RESPONDER (hahum, aweber!) give the visitors that gave you their name, and email address, their free gift, followed by more valuable, helpful, FREE information! The visitors that gave you their name, and email address, are now on your MAILING LIST!

The ONLY thing the people on your mailing list has given you, up to this point, is their NAME, and EMAIL ADDRESS! What they have got from you is a FREE GIFT that solved a problem they were having, and more valuable, helpful, FREE INFORMATION that continued to solve problems for them! That is a GOOD DEAL FOR THEM, if you ask me!

Now the PEOPLE on your mailing list KNOW you, LIKE you, and TRUST you! They would assume that if you send them an email with a link to a PAID product, or service, that it would be even much MORE VALUABLE, and HELPFUL, than the FREE gift, and the FREE information was....

Please DO NOT prove them wrong! Send them an email with a link to a paid product, or service, that you truely, truely BELIEVE in! DO NOT bombard your mailing list with TONS of emails with links to paid products! ONLY send them either valuable, helpful, FREE information, products, or services, or PAID information, products, or services that you TRUELY BELIEVE in, and if you think it will HELP the PEOPLE on your MAILING LIST SOLVE a PROBLEM!

Good luck!

Matthew Zinda

I agree. I have learned much in the last few months and the list is all important. I just started a list campaign 2 hours ago and have 1 sign up! woot!!

Good info, Matthew. Too many people view their lists as targets for offer after offer after offer. Sure, you build a list to make money from, but only after you've provided the value. Lots of value.

Giving people solution to their problem would definitely keep them coming back for more. Your suggestion might take some times and efforts but I truly believe it would totally give affiliate marketer a sustain online income in the future. Best of luck!

Nice job EH!

Keep building your list! It will pay off!

I make almost 100% of my online income from my list!

Just make sure you are constantly keeping the best interest of the people on your list in mind! Don't just send something to your list to try to make money from it! Only send your list helpful, useful, valuable information, products, and/or services, paid or free!

Also, about your unconfirmed opt-ins:

I had quite a few unconfirmed opt-ins when I first started building lists myself!

When you get better at delivering your message to get people to click on your link, and when you tweak your website to maximize conversion once they get to your website, you will find that the % of people that do not confirm will go down!

Also, I like to send my unconfirmed opt-ins 1, and only 1, personal email thanking them for showing interest, telling them how you can help them, why they should listen to you, and what they can do to get those benefits (example - To get your free download on how to relieve migraine headaches, click on the link in the confirmation email, or whatever your niche is)!

However, if they do not confirm after sending them 1 personal email like that, I usually just leave them alone, and spend my time and effort providing as many other people as I can w/ a solution to their problem!

Good luck!

Matthew Zinda

Can i just ask Matthew. Would be articles be the number one method to drive targeted traffic to this type of minisite? Its just i hardly ever see one page sites getting to the top of the google serps. Very good tactic though!
Thanks, Ted

I dont even bother email marketing, only to my current or past clients. Look boys and girls email advertising is going away. Spam filter technology is getting way to good at stopping unwanted emails.

Right

I dont even bother email marketing, only to my current or past clients. Look boys and girls email advertising is going away. Spam filter technology is getting way to good at stopping unwanted emails.

You need to think out of e-mail marketing it's gone

Not having or building a list is probably one of the biggest mistakes that affiliates continue to make today hence one of the reasons for the high failure rate in the industry. Although Affiliate marketing proves itself to be one of the most popular, easiest and successful ways of making money online, the failure rate is still a staggering 90%. I urge all affiliates if they are not already doing so to start building their list. When you have a list you can build a relationship with your list and sell to them over and over again. You have to understand that many visitors to your site wont buy from you on the first visit so it is important that you have a way to contact them even when they click away from your page.

Yeah, It is right, don't send many mails to the customer because they will get irritated, if that customer wants your offer, then few informative mails can convince them.

That is really an effective technique to generate leads and sale. Many website owners are already doing it and it is proven to be effective.

Thanks Matthew,

I have just started email marketing myself. It certainly seems like a good way to stay in touch with your customers.

Article marketing is a great way to generate leads.

I've been in internet marketing for two years, and struggled for 1.5 of them! It's not until I learned that I needed to build a list did I actually start to make "four figures" every month.

Also, I gave up on promoting other people's products from Clickbank. Instead, I bought up tons of master resell rights products, set up the sales pages, and then put up a squeeze page to capture email addresses and build contacts.

My motto is to overdeliver. I basically only buy and sell video courses, most of them on marketing. I have 6 or 7 video courses set up on my server. I don't sell the rights to them. Instead, I sell the course only very cheap. Most of them are $7. There are a few that are only $3.

When one buys a course, they get a PDF with their links in it. The reason I send them a PDF instead of just sending them to the "thank-you" page is because it allows me to market other things and links to them.

Now, I always include 1 or 2 bonus courses in it. If they think they are getting one course for $7 (which is already cheap), imagine their surprise when they get two more courses worth $7 each!

Even if they don't like them (which they always do), they couldn't complain at getting 3 courses for $7!

I always include affiliate links and presells to other courses in the PDF, and most of the time I'll have repeat customers.

Again - Always overdeliver.

MI
Back