The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Making $100 a week.

AffiliateGamer

affiliate
Not a very large goal, right? Well, this is really all i require. I'm a college student who would rather work at a computer than go work 25+ hours a week at some grocery store.

I made this thread so that i could ask a simple question that will, no doubt, have a complex answer.

What method of internet marketing would you suggest for this type of income? Could i make that without creating a website, and dealing with the complexities of being an affiliate? I would really enjoy making a blog based on gaming, but i doubt the audience that would attract would have the motivation to buy anything through any affiliates. Would adsense be enough to make the above payment? I'm guessing not.

I would really just like to know what i'd have to do to make $100 a week, without getting involved in tons of affiliate programs.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

I would really enjoy making a blog based on gaming, but i doubt the audience that would attract would have the motivation to buy anything through any affiliates. Would adsense be enough to make the above payment? I'm guessing not.

Hi AffiliateGamer, Welcome to 5 Star.

Sorry I'm late blogging so don't have time to give you a full answer.
Will try to come back to this post later.

Just wanted to address the gaming blog idea. To make money at anything online you need TONS of targeted traffic. For Adsense you need even more traffic. Gaming is very saturated and competitive so you'd have a hard time getting any traffic at all unless you focused on a niche within gaming. Also when you think Adsense you have to wonder what type of advertisers there are and how much they are paying for ads. For instance a keyword like insurance or credit card is going to be very expensive (therefore more lucrative to an Adsense publisher) than video game keywords would be. But then again insurance and credit cards are even more competitive.

So the key is finding a niche. One that has lots of interest from hungry consumers but one that isn't too over saturated. We have tons of posts that can help. Start with the stickies in the newbie forum, then move to the stickies in the niche forum.

Finding the right niche is the KEY!

Hey there AffiliateGamer!

I can see your point. I too am new to this whole making money online concept and the truth is.. sometimes some of the things the "pros" talk about really confuse me. I had no idea making money online was even possible without getting caught by some scam or the other. Much less knowing that there are so many ways to do it.

However, I'm still in the learning process as well but so far I've chosen to start with GPT. This means Get paid to.. and basically, I'm on a site where I get paid to do surveys, sign up at free websites, refer others, etc. I've made $57 the first month I joined and $53 my second. There are lots of people on there tho that are making so much more. I've seen checks for 1000+

But like I said, I'm new also and I'm aspiring to get there! :)

Anyway, maybe you'd check out this option. As I'm sure your goal can be met. And well for the main reason, that it's really not that complicated at all and you never have to spend a cent to make money.

Good luck!

Sure, start writing for webmasters - they generally don't pay well, but if you're a fast writer, you could very easily make $100 per week.

I guess i'm just confused about a few things in particular, and haven't been able to find answers.

1. The landing page is the page that the person is taken to right after they click the add on YOUR site, right?

2. How do you integrate links into your web page? Should you disguise them as tinyurls(do big links scare people?). Can they be integrated into ads?

3. How do you know you linked correctly back to the affiliate program right off the bat, when you have no sales?

Thanks.

1. Maybe yes, maybe no. Diff kinds of landing pages.

If someones doing pay per click the landing page is the page ON YOUR SITE that includes your ad and affiliate link and sends the visitor to the merchants site.

Someone could also be referring to a landing page on a merchant's site. So yes someone could click your link THEN go to the merchant's landing page.

You can think of a landing page as a sales page

2) Some feel consumers don't like clicking on long weird links that look like affiliate links. Not sure what % of people notice or care. I do however think that if someone is looking for green widgets - yoursite.com/greenwidgets would have higher clickthrough than sometrackinglink.com?aff23587/kbid4ioiuf

Don't use tinyurl it looks spammy and people don't trust it. If you have your own site use htaccess for redirecting links to make them look like yoursite.com/greenwidgets. If you don't have your own site then use something like cli.gs that does that same as tiny but isn't as overused and does tracking so you can see how many clicks you get. But REALLY best to use your own domain.

If you have a site and don't know how to do htaccess redirects, just ask and we'll show you how.

3) You should ALWAYS test your links to be sure they are tracking. Right after you place them click. Check to be sure it dropped a cookie.

Wait 5 or 10 min and then log into the affiliate interface and see if there is a click. (Most tracking is real-time but depending on the network there can be a short delay.)

You can think of a landing page as a sales page

2) Some feel consumers don't like clicking on long weird links that look like affiliate links. Not sure what % of people notice or care. I do however think that if someone is looking for green widgets - yoursite.com/greenwidgets would have higher clickthrough than sometrackinglink.com?aff23587/kbid4ioiuf

How to use htaccess redirects in our own website?
Please advise

Another question. I don't have much money to spend. Will i fail for certain without an ad campaign? I can't spend much money on Adword...

I also have a niche question. How would a guitar niche sound? Something exclusive to beginners? I'm assuming that's really saturated, but it's one of the only things i know about, but am also passionate about. I also love to help people, so this would be good for me(maybe not financially).

Another question. I don't have much money to spend. Will i fail for certain without an ad campaign? I can't spend much money on Adword...

I also have a niche question. How would a guitar niche sound? Something exclusive to beginners? I'm assuming that's really saturated, but it's one of the only things i know about, but am also passionate about. I also love to help people, so this would be good for me(maybe not financially).

If you don't have much money to invest, that won't be a "stopper" to getting into this business...but Google Adwords is an excellent way to test out proven markets and keyphrases...so you should re-invest some of your initial profits towards paid advertising like Adwords (or others, Miva.com is an example, Google is NOT the only one).

That's brief, but should get you started.

As to the niche...no way to tell "off the cuff" if it will be profitable "for sure"...but you have an advantage that you mentioned...you're passionate about it. That gives you the best chance of succeeding where others might fail.

Hope that helps.
:cool:

MI
Back