The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Make me more attractive!

B

burtie

Hi All,

I want to make my affiliate program more attractive to affiliates - have you got any suggestions?

At present here is the deal,

- I use clickbank
- I have 40 products - most are very niche
- I pay 50% commission on each sale
- Sale price is $49.50
- I have (or so I believe) a very attractive site

I have a couple of great affiliates that have done really well and I really want to know where I can find a few more.

I won't post the link as I am not sure if that is allowed.

Thanks,

Burtie

Hi Burtie,

Welcome to 5 Star. Got your email but have not had time to reply. So I know your site and market.

Thanks BTW for being careful about the rules. You can post a full-on affiliate program announcement with a link to your program details, down in the <a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/merchants-promote-your-affiliate-program/">Merchants Promote Your Affiliate Program</a> section of the forum. You can also add the program to your sig.

But this thread is the right place to ask for feedback without any self promotion so good job.

Note to affiliates - these are not typical Clickbank IM or "get rich quick" products, thankfully! It's downloadable hypnosis programs for quitting smoking and other addictions, phobias, weight-loss, insomnia, motivation and a whole host of other health and lifestyle topics.

So after just a SUPER quick look here's what I can tell you:

Your site is nice - products I like and they fit some good niches.
Commission is fine.

You have a double-edged sword though and that's the network you are on.

The good) There are a TON of affiliates on that network so if your CB rankings are good you should be able to attract all the affiliates you need right there.

The bad) Lots of CB affiliates (too many IMHO) focus on the make money quick and Internet marketing products, so may overlook your products.

The badder) I admit I am biased but I know lots of affiliates too that have lost faith in the tracking there and think the reporting is totally inadequate.

So aside from the network you are on and possibly an issue of affiliates not "getting" hypnosis products, I think your program looks fine.

Thanks for the reply Lynda.

It is great to know that I have done most things right :)

Hopefully my link will appear in my signature line now. I will also get to the 'Merchants Promote Your Affiliate Program' section soon and post my program.

Thanks again!

Yep your sig is showing Richard. Good luck with your program.

BTW when did it launch? If it's new, you know it takes some time to build momentum and only about 5% of affiliates you can attract will become active. So if you have 50 and 2 active that's par for the course. You may need to get a couple hundred more if you want about a dozen performing affiliates.

Hi Lynda,

The program has been going for about 8 weeks now. I have two very good affiliates. One seems to use Google Adwords and the other Squidoo and Ezinearticles. If I had a few more like these guys then it would be bliss. I am all into team work and believe in helping my affiliates out so that they can market while I create more downloads to add to the range. I would love for this really to be an affiliate driven venture - am I aiming too high?

Burtie

"am I aiming too high?"

I don't think so. It's just very much a numbers game so you need
to give it more energy and more time to build.

Also FYI. Based on the recruiting I do for merchants I can tell you that the GOOD affiliates are VERY busy. They may already be joined to 100 name brand merchants they are already earning from. So as a new merchant with an unknown brand to get ANY mindshare at all takes time and persistence. I often hear affiliates say "I put that program you launched 2 months ago on my to-do list and just have to get 2 more sites finished and then that merchant's next." So you could already have some affiliates that want to join they just have not gotten around to it.

Sure thing Lynda.

I think I have two ideas.

1. I want to attract the already great affiliates that will come in and know what they are doing from day one.

2. I also want people like the guys that are promoting one of my downloads called 'Feminization Hypnosis' - I helped these guys to devise a plan and get to #1 in google for that search term with ezinearticles.

This way I get the guys that are already great and the guys that want to work hard to be great.

What do you think of the plan?

Burtie

banners
Back