The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Mail Marketing?

Delyte

affiliate
Does anyone do direct in the mail (mailbox mail, not email) marketing? If so, does it work? I still get junk mail, so I imagine it is profitable on some level for some people.

The reason I ask is because I have a new idea for mail marketing that will drastically cut down on postage and lead costs, allowing me to target many more people with far less money than I would if I just did standard postcard marketing, which involves printing on thick paper (expensive), paying postage for each postcard (expensive), and buying a lead list (expensive). I'm planning on trying it, but just curious if others do actually make any level of decent money with direct mail marketing.

EDM is really a good method to do the business,

but the hard part is to find the proper e-mail address & the way you promote your business.

Bad mail marketing may make the business image affected, and a lot of people would unsubscribe.

so before you do, make the full preparation.

As much as many people have dived into the electronic emails. I will for sure tell you that the mailbox still exist. talking from the experience in my country, there are a lot of this happening. In fact it is a requirement for any company to have a mailbox even in addition to the physical address that is provided. I will encourage you to plan well and come with a solution that will move the world. You will at the end of the day see the good fruits of the labor and efforts that youput into the project.

Guys, I think the OP is talking about this kind of mail.

Randy-Warner-postman.jpg

OP, correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, the OP has their work cut out for them.

You have to:
  • learn to write some serious copy.
  • find reputable, up to date lead lists for purchase or a serious scraper with all the demographic info you can possibly get.
  • a serious budget.
  • have a testing method(s).
  • have a vanity mailing address.
  • a friend at the post office.
  • patience.

Before you get started on the above:
  1. Eugene Schwartz's Breakthough Advertising will be your bible. Get your hands on the Rodale talk in either the audio or even rarer video format.
  2. Gleen what you can from the late Gary Halbert except for the stuff that can put you in a cell next to Bubba.

Well, the OP has their work cut out for them.

You have to:
  • learn to write some serious copy.
  • find reputable, up to date lead lists for purchase or a serious scraper with all the demographic info you can possibly get.
  • a serious budget.
  • have a testing method(s).
  • have a vanity mailing address.
  • a friend at the post office.
  • patience.

Before you get started on the above:
  1. Eugene Schwartz's Breakthough Advertising will be your bible. Get your hands on the Rodale talk in either the audio or even rarer video format.
  2. Gleen what you can from the late Gary Halbert except for the stuff that can put you in a cell next to Bubba.

Yep, I was talking about old school snail mail, non electronic, uses a mailbox, USPS in the usa, letters inside envelopes, uses stamps for postage, uses a physical address, kind of mail. It's kind of entertaining how much effort I have to go through before people realize I'm talking about direct mail over email haha.

Thanks for the advice and resources, I'll certainly look into them. There's not much information out there about it (especially on the internet) so every little bit helps. Good information may either help make it a good campaign or just change my mind entirely. My idea is a very unique one that I think would work very well, but it's not like I have years of experience and statistics to back that up. I'm all about learning the math (e.g. statistics and statistical facts) and psychology / science behind advertising.

I think @mxyzptlkfishstiks is referring to emotional writing, when he mentions Rodale.

Secrets of a Direct-Mail Legend: Rodale - The Copywriter's Roundtable
Rodale » Swipe File Archive | Marketing & Copywriting Examples

There are lots of videos on YouTube if you search for Rodale copywriting or Rodale direct mail copywriting. Not from Rodale himself but....you'll see. :)

rodale copywriting audio - Bing
Google
How Rodale Inc. Evolved Its Content Strategy to Become the World’s Largest Health and Wellness Media Company

You may also want to check out Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman.

The Rodale talk is an old VCR styled video Schwartz gave @ Rodale.

image.png

-----

Gene Schwartz's Copywriting Collection

Contains:

• The Gene Schwartz Graduate Course with Agora - 4 CDs
  • His Rodale Presentation - 1 Video
  • His legendary book - Breakthrough Advertising
  • His rare book - Mail Order
  • His master swipe file - over 130 of his Ads
Part 1
Part 2

First of choose a good dedicated server for bulk emailing purpose then interspire use software send new domain purpose for email sending purpose and set skf or dkim record then use spam free content and email data verified use only.I think good inbox delivery.

Yes, you shoud prepare for this. Use proper email templates, 'unsubscibe' block etc.
Guys, where do you get your email bases?

MI
Back