The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Made no money can anyone help me?

jigsgaudiel

affiliate
hey it seems that everyone here doing great on affiliate marketing and earn lots of cash.. i'm new do this things so far i had no sales and still learning stuff to enhance my marketing skill can any one help me

Welcome to 5 Star, jigsgaudiel.

The best thing you could do would be to spend as much time as you can reading as much as possible right here in the Newbie Affiliate Forum. Pay a lot of attention to the "Sticky" threads.

Your question is a very broad question with no simple answer. After you have done a lot of reading and learned more you will have a better idea about how to go about making money. You will know more about what to do and what not to do.

You will also have some questions after you have done some reading. Our members are friendly and very helpful. So when you have some specific questions please ask them.

Ok Thanx such a friendly forums here..hehehe... to start i made may site with a free website builder(freeweb.com) is that ok? or should i invest on having my own domain and hosting? so far i have learned, that i should build a squeeze page to capture my leads emails, and follow up their sale so far i made a sort list and still have not made any sale,:( also made a payment on google adword to have some traffic on my site.... thanx for the advice ill keep on ready really learned a lot of info here.:)

Hi jigsgaudiel,

Sorry you have not made any sales yet and it sounds like you are feeling a little overwhelmed, which is totally normal. Read all the stickies in the newbie forum before you go any further. It will help you avoid some problems.

I was going to give you a bunch of advice, but then decided not to until I find out what niche you are focusing on, because depending on that, it could change my advice somewhat.

So tell us in VERY general terms what niche you are trying to make money in. Example: if it's dog training, just say the pet niche. Also what type of product are you trying to sell - an ebook or a physical product? After you answer we can give you some more specific advice.

I think it's a pretty common misconception that everyone's making money doing this... I know quite a few very successful affiliates, but I know even more that are pulling in a few bucks here and there and maybe just making pizza money. Don't let that perception get you down! Everyone starts somewhere, and if you keep an open mind and you're willing to read & learn, you can do well for yourself :)

first of all i just like to thank you all for helping me out, the product that im trying to sell are the products from Paydotcom, maybe the niche im in are the marketing tools? not sure of in. hehehehe. so if you could help out guy that would mean alot

I was pretty sure that's what you were going to say, so I'll tell you what I've told many other newbies.

Make Money Online and Internet Marketing are the absolute hardest markets to try to get started in.
You are making the most common mistake newbies make and it will take much longer to reach success or you will burn out before you even get started.

You are a NOOB trying to sell Internet marketing stuff when you don't even know how to market yet.
Worst place to start. I've written about it many times. You need to find a niche and quit trying to sell Internet marketing type stuff.

<strong>You are swimming with sharks before you even know how to swim.
Get out of the water quick and find a niche!

Start by reading the stickies in the newbie forum. You'll get lots of good ideas about how to get started and mistakes to avoid. Then use some of the tools in the newbie forum to help you find a good niche.</strong>

I had lots of other advice, but if the niche or the very foundation of your marketing plan is not right then none of my advice will help much.

Couple quicks things I did want to mention though. 1) Don't worry about a list right away. Once you find your niche focus on generating good content and driving some traffic. 2) Don't waste money on Adwords until you know what you are doing. It's really easy to lose money and there is lots to learn before you should try. Once you're ready we have lots of free resources to help you learn.

hey linda.. thanx for the tip, now i know where im going wrong, i would stop what im doing selling stuff that i don't know. heheheh. if i could ask, where should i find lots of great niche , lately ive tried to join clickbank and i can't join since im from the Philippines and they don't accept member from our country. so if you could give tips where to find great niche with good affiliate programs i would be thankfull to you :D

"where to find great niche with good affiliate programs"

I think you may be confusing niche with affiliate network.

A niche is a tightly focused topic or a sub niche of a larger market. Many times one place to start is by thinking about what you know about or are passionate about. Read the niche forum to get ideas about how to find a niche.

Are you getting enough traffic? If not, read up on how to attract visitors

Is it the RIGHT traffic? Check your referrer logs. If all your traffic is coming from the wrong keywords, read up on keywords. Join Goog adwords for free tools

If you're getting enough traffic, and it's the right traffic... have a non-biased person (someone other then yourself) critique your site. Make sure it's designed to prescreen, pre-sell, and deliver qulaified traffic to the merchant.

Howdy,

The 'Make Money Online' market is really huge. High in demand but don't forget it has a high supply too! Many people are competing to have their position on the internet market. So my friend, it takes time to see results. Don't give up anytime soon because nobody succeeds overnight in this game.

My suggestion is to dedicate some valuable time doing your research for your niche, keywords and also learn some html or webby skills. It is going to help you a long way.

Then, once you are done with the careful research, decide on your medium of making money online.. like a blog? or a webstite? etc..

Then spend the rest of your life optimizing your blog/site and marketing it!!! You need to get your url out to as many people as possible and in turn convert them into sales. :cool:

yeah it seems that i was confused with the niche and the affiliate programs, but after reading tons of stuff here in this forum, man i have to say i've really learned a lot from you guys. so what i've done is to switch niche and keep away from get rich scheme products, so i narrowed down my niche to video games, movies and music, since from what ive reed i should start on the things that i like, but it seems i cant find great product to sell for these niche. do i need to still narrow things down?

also i tried joining traffic exchanges to have traffic on my site there a lot of traffic but still no conversion, :eek:

There are quite alot of products dealing with video games. It is quite a good niche as the competition is not that high and the demand is always there.

I made quite some money from video game affiliate products as well. Go ahead and find some in clickbank.

"video games, movies and music" are not niches - they are products and they are markets. Actually they are some of the biggest, most competitive markets there are. You are competing with tons of major retailers that have millions to spend every month on marketing. After you're a pro you can decide if you want to tackles these markets.

Like I said a niche can be a subset of a big market, for instance children's movies or Christian music, but those are still really competitive.

"but it seems i cant find great product to sell for these niche." Those 'niches' you mentioned ARE the products. If you had a site about movies you'd sell movies and maybe movie memorabilia. But again I think it's too competitive to start off with.

"i tried joining traffic exchanges" Those things really don't work.

I recommend doing some more reading. Learn more about picking niches and building traffic and then figure out the best niche to target.

jigsgaudiel, this will help you with niches http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/niche-marketing/

These links will help you learn more about Traffic Generation and Marketing Ideas.

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/general-topics-affiliate-forum/10120-how-get-massive-amounts-traffic-your-site.html?highlight=traffic">How to get massive amounts of traffic to your site!</a>

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/search-engine-marketing-seo-forum/4889-target-traffic-help.html?highlight=traffic">Target traffic help</a>

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/general-topics-affiliate-forum/11566-best-free-method-youve-ever-used-marketing-your-business-online.html?highlight=traffic">Best Free Method You've Ever Used in Marketing Your Business Online</a>

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/rss-marketing-blogging-forums/1195-get-traffic-2-your-blog-7-ways.html?highlight=traffic">Get Traffic 2 Your Blog - 7 Ways</a>

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/general-topics-affiliate-forum/7913-increase-traffic-website.html">Increase traffic to website</a>

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/9884-how-do-i-get-more-traffic.html">How do I get more traffic?</a>

it really seem i need to learn a lot of thing before i can get this going. thanks i 'll have more reading session with this forums and post more questions here. thanks for all your support hope some day i'll be a pro and help some newbies to. heheheheh:D

That's the spirit...:) If you are not sure what you are doing this business can discourage newbies quite quickly. The important thing, in my opinion, is to follow the advice of those who know on this forum, keep your eyes and ears open for possible ideas for niche markets, and break down your passions/interests even more. Is there something that you could make a site about that deals with your own country of origin that may be helpful to others, or that could help people in your country or local area? There must be a lot of business coming out of the Philippines, is there something there that you could focus on that could help you figure out a niche? As you have probably figured out, this industry revolves around questions and reflection...but when you finally hit upon an answer it's a wonderful and exciting feeling. Take care and all the best.

thanks for the links that u gave me it took me some time to read some of them, so correct me again if i'm wrong, i had 2 choice for a niche the TV memorabilia and i chosen the product Satellite TV for PC. tell me if this is still a competitive niche. then the another choice that i made was learning to play the guitar niche, there a lot of product to choose from paydotcom, i find a lot easier to find a niche if a look at the list of product on an affiliate programs like paydotcom,

again, correct me if im wrong, what i did with these choice was to make 2 squeeze pages for the two products, and still reading on how to drive traffic to them without using traffic exchange since linda said it doesn't work. ive tried posting to classified adds, hope that could gain some traffic, and im still working on how to write good articles cause my writing skills kinda sucks and im still not that confident to post my articles, so for now il try some other ways to generat traffic

so if you got any tips or adivce on what im doing i would grately thank you
hehehe:cool:

Hi jigsgaudiel,

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to be really frank with you. I just feel like I need to stop you in your tracks before you waste any more time running around in circles.

I understand your excitement to get something going but you are missing vital info you need before you can really start.

I'll use my famous building a house analogy to try to help you understand the problems I see with your approach.

You can't build walls and a roof, much less add appliances and cabinets until you have poured a SOLID foundation.

I see you digging the hole for the foundation - but not pouring the cement. Then you've already build one unstable wall right on the dirt and now are already running around trying to add cabinets and a fridge, when you don't even have a foundation or the framing done. The whole thing is going to wash away when it rains and all the scattered work you've put in, is going to be wasted.

Does that make sense??? Do I have your attention yet??? I am being fairly strict with you because I want to try to save you wasted time, frustration and heart-ache!

When I said READ and study before doing anything else I maybe didn't stress hard enough how important it was to get a grasp before starting anything new. And I expected that if you studied you would have found one of the most important parts of niche research and building a solid foundation - KEY WORD RESEARCH.

The ONLY way to evaluate niches and products to see if there is a) enough interest and b) low enough competition for a newbie - is to do keyword research.

You've gone from "video games, movies and music" to TV memorabilia, Satellite TV for PC and play the guitar. And are still asking US if they are too competitive. So my guess is you never stopped to learn about the KW research tips and tools that will help YOU answer the question for yourself - "IS this niche too competitive?"

So before you do anything else, just pick ONE of the niches you are interested in and follow through by using this keyword research example.

MI
Back