The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

LP -Hosting- VPS questions

affiliate
Hey Everyone! What’s up?

I have a couple of questions for you guys if you don’t mind to answer.

-Landing Pages-

How do I create professional LP’s without coding knowledge?

How do I insert my CPA link into landing pages that I download from web?

How can I delete like traffic jackers from LP’s that I rip? (Seen some thread on IM forums where people got their traffic stolen thanks to some codes on lp’s that they downloaded.

How do I change wallpaper and Words in a lp that I download?

-HOSTING-

Let’s say that I’m wanting to start with YT.

I will create 5 different niche videos to promote with cpa/whatever.
Example:
-Clash Royale Generator
-etc...

I think there are 2 alternatives to this: (based on my very little knowledge)

1)buy one domain for each game and a hosting account for each one

PROS: (I think) HIGHER Traffic and CR and easier for people to get on site.

CONS: COSTLY. 10$/y x each domain plus 7$/m hosting for EACH domain.

2) Create a Website with all the games in there. Add subdomain for it.
Example: domain name is gamehack,com, I promote a clash royale game, the user needs to search gamehack,com/clashroyale or enter the site from gamehack,com and type on the search option clash royale. Click on article/lp and start.

PROS: It costs less.

CONS: Lower CR and traffic, plus cpa advertisers can easy access my website and copy my niches.

What is your opinion about this?

I also saw a thread where @T J Tutor said to use a VPS for domain hosting, can you guys elaborate more in this?

Would love to hear some advices from you if you have any.

Thank you in advance and have a wonderful day peeps! :)

How do I create professional LP’s without coding knowledge?

You have a few choices:

- You can use a hosted solution, such as Instapage, Unbounce, etc.

- You can use an online template editor that takes care of the coding but you can use your own images, add features, and insert your affiliate link. You then download the ready-to-go html code and upload to your hosting.

- You can use a software like Kompozer

- You can hire someone to create custom landing pages for you

How do I insert my CPA link into landing pages that I download from web?

You're talking about ripped landers? You need to make sure that the code is clean then simply replace your link with the existing one and save.

How can I delete like traffic jackers from LP’s that I rip? (Seen some thread on IM forums where people got their traffic stolen thanks to some codes on lp’s that they downloaded.

By cleaning up the code. Don't forget, you're stealing their page. :) After that, if you have AffKit, you can add your own landing page protection script that will help you steal someone's traffic if they steal the page from you.

How do I change wallpaper and Words in a lp that I download?

In the index file. Look for the appropriate code and replace.

buy one domain for each game and a hosting account for each one

Not necessary unless you have the budget for it and want to. You can go with a domain name that suits your niche and use for appropriate offers.

I also saw a thread where @T J Tutor said to use a VPS for domain hosting, can you guys elaborate more in this?

A VPS is faster loading. I'm sure @T J Tutor will drop in to add any additional pros. :)

How can I make sure the code it’s clean?

Thank you for the esaustive and elaborate answer. Much appreciated @azgold :)!

No problem. :)

Forgot to say that there are also landing page plugins you can get. I know there is at least one that is free, not sure how good it is but wouldn't cost you anything to try it out.

Re cleaning up the code, I'm afraid that I don't know a lot about that, don't do it. Hopefully, someone who does know will pop in here.

How can I make sure the code it’s clean?
if you have little knowledge in JavaScript that will do the Job .
if not ,
i will give one of the tactics you can use to know if the lander contains bad codes .
so just open your landing page multiple time , but first of all make it online that will be better , and see if it redirects you some where else instead of the call to action link ,
if yes means the landing page is not clean .
i do suggest you hire some one to check landing pages 4 you that's the best advice i can Give .

if you have little knowledge in JavaScript that will do the Job .
if not ,
i will give one of the tactics you can use to know if the lander contains bad codes .
so just open your landing page multiple time , but first of all make it online that will be better , and see if it redirects you some where else instead of the call to action link ,
if yes means the landing page is not clean .
i do suggest you hire some one to check landing pages 4 you that's the best advice i can Give .
First of all, thank you for taking the time to answer this thread.

I’m sorry but I didn’t get what you said.
Can you elaborate?

You have a few choices:

- You can use a hosted solution, such as Instapage, Unbounce, etc.

- You can use an online template editor that takes care of the coding but you can use your own images, add features, and insert your affiliate link. You then download the ready-to-go html code and upload to your hosting.

- You can use a software like Kompozer

- You can hire someone to create custom landing pages for you

You're talking about ripped landers? You need to make sure that the code is clean then simply replace your link with the existing one and save.

By cleaning up the code. Don't forget, you're stealing their page. :) After that, if you have AffKit, you can add your own landing page protection script that will help you steal someone's traffic if they steal the page from you.

In the index file. Look for the appropriate code and replace.

Not necessary unless you have the budget for it and want to. You can go with a domain name that suits your niche and use for appropriate offers.

A VPS is faster loading. I'm sure @T J Tutor will drop in to add any additional pros. :)
You always have the best responses. :)

First of all, thank you for taking the time to answer this thread.

I’m sorry but I didn’t get what you said.
Can you elaborate?

I think what @tyoussef is saying is...

Open the landing page multiple times and see if any of them redirect you to someplace other than the call-to-action page.

Why? Because if there is a script inside the code to steal traffic, it will only take a percentage of traffic, not all of it. So, some of the pages will go where they're supposed to and some will go to a different affiliate. If you find that some of the pages are being redirected, the lander code is not clean and if you can't code, you might be wise to hire someone to clean it up for you.

Does this help, or did I make it worse? :D

Last edited:
I think what @tyoussef is saying is...

Open the landing page multiple times and see if any of them redirect you to someplace other than the call-to-action page.

Why? Because if there is a script inside the code to steal traffic, it will only take a percentage of traffic, not all of it. So, some of the pages will go where they're supposed to and some will go to a different affiliate. If you find that some of the pages are being redirected, the lander code is not clean and if you can't code, you might be wise to hire someone to clean it up for you.

Does this help, or did I make it worse? :D
Finally I understood :)

What do I need to learn in order to be able to clean lp’s?

I don't have much knowledge about the landing page portion of your questions, but I can give some advice and pointers to the second section.

I think there are 2 alternatives to this: (based on my very little knowledge)
1)buy one domain for each game and a hosting account for each one
PROS: (I think) HIGHER Traffic and CR and easier for people to get on site.
CONS: COSTLY. 10$/y x each domain plus 7$/m hosting for EACH domain.

You can purchase domains for each game if you have the budget for that. You would not necessarily need to purchase separate hosting accounts for each domain unless you had the budget and desire to have multiple hosting accounts. Our company along with many other companies that provide hosting services do allow you to add-on domains to your hosting account. In fact you could purchase your domain names from somewhere like namesilo where they are very inexpensive and get a hosting account at a good reputable company and just point the domain nameservers at the hosting account.

2) Create a Website with all the games in there. Add subdomain for it.
Example: domain name is gamehack,com, I promote a clash royale game, the user needs to search gamehack,com/clashroyale or enter the site from gamehack,com and type on the search option clash royale. Click on article/lp and start.
PROS: It costs less.
CONS: Lower CR and traffic, plus cpa advertisers can easy access my website and copy my niches.

This is another valid option to purchase a niche domain name that makes sense and have subdomains each one pertaining to the game you are promoting. This would save some costs and be more budget friendly, but as you mentioned it does risk lower traffic and CR.

What is your opinion about this?

Would love to hear some advices from you if you have any.
Thank you in advance and have a wonderful day peeps! :)

One main advantage to having the VPS for your domain and site hosting is that it can give you faster loading times for you sites as @azgold mentioned. Another advantage of having your own VPS from a good hosting provider is the dedicated resources that you would have. I would recommend anyone who is going to have a website for this type of work to get their own VPS for hosting so they can have dedicated resources to host the site which will prevent other sites on a shared host from slowing down or even taking down your site with over running the resources of the machine. The VPS should provide you with better security and more reliable site and loading times.

MI
Back