The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Low gravity on ClickBank, my first mistake?

sitesformoney

affiliate
I just started with all this and ClickBank is who I'm going through. I picked a ebook/audio recording in the health category with a gravity of 20 (not knowing at the time that was bad). I've created my landing page with wordpress.org, optimized it, picked a key word heavy domain name with dashes (the exact phrase in google gets close to two million hits). I do graphic/web design as part of my job, so the graphics and site don't look generic.

My site hasn't been crawled by search engines yet, but I'm already starting to think I shot myself in the foot with picking a low gravity site which has been around since 2005. 22 other affiliates link to this product.

I guess I wont know till google picks it up, but I'm trying to get a realistic figure in my head of how much I might make (if anything) since it's so low.

When you guys were starting out, how much did you make on your first product? How long did it take before you saw traffic to the site? I've added google analytics so I guess now it's just a waiting game?

Thanks!
Bob

Hi Bob,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

I don't deal with Clickbank at all so can't speak to some of your questions, but 22 competing affiliates doesn't sound too bad.

"the exact phrase in google gets close to two million hits"
Is that number demand in the Google Adwords keyword tool or is that competition in the search results?
If it's the latter then it's probably way too competitive if you're a newbie.

How many in Google if you search using allintitle: "keywords in quotes"?

"I've added google analytics so I guess now it's just a waiting game?"

Well actually better not to just sit back and wait. You need to do some link building if you want to get a good ranking.

Best of luck!

The number demand is close to 2 million in the search results, 58 if I do an allintitle. However, my domain will have all of these keywords. Will the domain name help out-rank just titles?

Keywords in the domain does help somewhat but the keywords in the title, on the actual page and in backlinks to the site help as much, if not more.

I just started with all this and ClickBank is who I'm going through. I picked a ebook/audio recording in the health category with a gravity of 20 (not knowing at the time that was bad). I've created my landing page with wordpress.org, optimized it, picked a key word heavy domain name with dashes (the exact phrase in google gets close to two million hits). I do graphic/web design as part of my job, so the graphics and site don't look generic.

My site hasn't been crawled by search engines yet, but I'm already starting to think I shot myself in the foot with picking a low gravity site which has been around since 2005. 22 other affiliates link to this product.

I guess I wont know till google picks it up, but I'm trying to get a realistic figure in my head of how much I might make (if anything) since it's so low.

When you guys were starting out, how much did you make on your first product? How long did it take before you saw traffic to the site? I've added google analytics so I guess now it's just a waiting game?

Thanks!
Bob

I think what you should have done first is use Adwords to test if the product is profitable. You don't want to start building landing pages and content for a product because you had a feeling it was profitable. Its a big mistake.

Also, keywords with high traffic doesn't indicate that its a profitable keyword. Longtail keywords with low traffic have been known to produce better results.

Adding to spartanics comment above.

Its great getting that search volume. But to rank in the top ten is likely to require Page ranks of 3-4 and over 10000 quality backlinks.

Picking a keyword with your main keyword in it with less competition is probably a quicker win.

As It gets you ranked quicker and helps towards your end goal of ranking for your main keyword.

Hi, Bob
Picking an affiliate product to sell is an art, and it is not math where 1 + 1 = 2
Someone make good profit by sell Clickbank product with low gravity, because the competition is low.
The other person make a good profit with Clickbank product which have high gravity, because the "best-seller" product means "The Money is There", and it is huge money - and hungry buyer.

It is up to you, now?
If you chase big money, I think you can try pick Clickbank product with high gravity.
Use long tail keyword

Good Luck

banners
Back