The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Lots of visitors but no clicks

Ron Gengoult

affiliate
Can anyone tell me what could be happening?
I joined a program a few months ago which set me up with a Wordpress website
and provided a tool for getting articles off various places on the internet. This
program also provided a similar method for getting videos.
This is a blog that has gotten thousands of visitors that have left comments,
almost all good. They refer to an article by name so I guess they have visited
the site. But with all of these visitors, I have not gotten one click on any
FREE affiliate offer. :(:mad::(

Thanks for any help.
Rongee,

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say they set you up with a WordPress website, what exactly do you mean? Do they host it? or do you have your own domain?

Hi minstrel,

The program that I bought into, which is one of many, is "Profit Jackpot" and they had Creative Design set up a blog ona domain that I already have. It is hosted on BrainHost which seems to be
the company used by most of the programsthat I fell for. This program featured a wordpress plug-in that would capture articles off the net and publish them on my site ({URL deleted}). I have received over 9,000 comments but not one click on any of my affiliate or Adsence ads.

I figure that these comments are probably coming from the same place as my articles are.

Ron Gengoult

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved to own thread for better visibility for other members...

My quick comments:

1. You need to take a look at server or Google Analytics stats to see what all those visitors are doing. My guess is a lot of them are clicking through and then immediately away.

2. You have a blog with little or no original content, just aggregated articles. Why WOULD anyone want to stay on that site rather than clicking through to the original source(s)?

3. You have a blog with little or no original content, just aggregated articles. This is exactly the sort of site that Google seeks out to bury, as in the Panda updates.

4. All in all, this is one of those schemes that may benefit Chris Farrell but is unlikely to benefit you or anyone else who buys it. I think you need to put your energies into a new model.

I joined a program a few months ago which set me up with a Wordpress website
and provided a tool for getting articles off various places on the internet. This
program also provided a similar method for getting videos.

Hi Ron,

Shortcuts and "systems" usually don't work. Period.

Set up your own site, generate your own content (e.g. write articles, create videos, etc...etc...), and drive traffic to your own selected offers.

It's why they call it building a business. ;)

That being said...

Your offers are probably not getting clicked because of one of a few variables:

-- Your site doesn't appear to be a "quality" site to a visitor.

-- The content doesn't drive a good "call to action" (reason "why") to click on your offer.

-- The visitors like the content, but the offer doesn't match the audience reading the content.

Or one or more of a host of other reasons.

We've all been here at one point or another Ron, the good news is, you can chalk this up as a learning experience and correct it.

:D

Hi Joseph,
Thanks for the comment, you are right about these sound to good to be true offers, but
you feel that you have to give it a try.
I have learned some good stuff but there is always some glitch in the program.
Ron Gengoult

but there is always some glitch in the program.

Not a glitch, it's the marketing of a dream IMO. ;)

"Ready made Adsense" sites and Adsense site builders in 2004-2005, and autoblogging most recently... all of them promised the gold at the end of the rainbow with little or no work.

Once something changes in Google's algo, the dream disappears in smoke.

Not trying to sound negative, but it's reality.

You can also put statcounter on your site and see what your visitors are doing when they visit your site.....statcounter.com (free)

You should check your adsense banners. Please sure that you have the right codes. Also if you have chrome or firebug, check to see if there are any scripting errors on your site.

Most of the time, it means you are not targeting the right audience for your site, or you just have a bad site that doesn't keep the visitors. Try to do some more research on target market and what do they want?

MI
Back