The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Looking forward to learning from you all

megacannon

I'm new to affiliate marketing and decided the best way forward is to learn from others. I've tried AM in the past, but failed pretty miserably. I'm a lot more humble now and hope to learn from others who have succeeded (also want to replace my day job so I don't have to work the graveyard shift). Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the community in the future, but for now I'm here to learn.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

I currently have a shared hosting package, but do I actually need the power of a VPS? If so, what for?

Shared hosting SUCKS!!!

Shared hosting is just what it says, shared. You have other people with websites on your server. you have mostly spammers using shared hosting nd they will slow down your site and you landers beause they will dominate your ram and your processor.

Virtual Private Servers (VPS) offer many benefits for affiliate marketers. VPS’s act as dedicated servers, meaning you won’t have to share your resources with other websites. They provide consistent uptime, fast load speeds, and other benefits. High grade performance is vital for affiliate marketers. Unfortunately, cheap shared hosting plans don’t offer dedicated resources, and can have as many as 300 tenants on the same physical server. As a result, they typically underperform, costing affiliate marketers clicks and sales.

Like Google Analytics? Or is that different? Any recommend trackers?

You have much to learn I see, and obviously did not read the content of the links I posted for you in the other thread. Don't fight the advice of those that have already made all the mistakes. You need to read through that material!

Tracking Your Campaigns

Affiliate marketing tracking software is designed to provide the means of tracking performance-based online marketing. Tracking can be used to calculate and record many factors and is used by all the different key players in affiliate marketing. When it comes to the merchant or advertiser, tracking is used to calculate the number of conversions and clicks on their offers or programs.

The affiliate networks often use third party or custom tracking software to connect the merchant offers with affiliates in order to calculate the number of legitimate clicks, views, conversion or whatever the factor may be. These tracking solutions will also feature in-depth analytics, tracking tools and often fraud detection. When it comes to the affiliate or publisher, tracking is one of the most essential elements of setting up your campaign. Without tracking, you’ll be unable to record results and optimise/scale your campaigns. Paid and free tracking solutions are available for affiliates and it’s a must that you put tracking into practice as early as possible.

TRACKERS

I use Voluum, FunnelFlux Pro, RedTrack, and a few others we have listed in the resources area. You don't need to use more than one. I do it because I need to stay abreast of the their products.

1. Shared hosting is too slow and unpredictable for any advertising response.
Landing pages are expected to load in 1 or 2 seconds today. You are going to be wasting most of your money on advertising when your landing page is a blank with page loading. People are very impatient today.
To make maters worse people that are not experienced try to make a WordPress site or a WordPress landing page the link from the ad and that only loads after a commercial tracker loads on another domain
then redirects the ad hit (referral) to the landing page destination. More slowness.​

3. Commercial trackers offer a lot of advantages over 'free' Google Analytics.

One distinct advantage is that commercial trackers are not background JavaScript 3rd party and are not blocked by privacy software that a lot of internet uses will use today. They don't depend on cookies either.
These trackers are mission specific and give you quick one line data including s2s (server to server) postback notifications of each event that is reported (a lead, a subscribe or a sale) that is a money earning event.​

Take a look through :
And see how affiliates are using these trackers to understand their value.

I currently have a shared hosting package, but do I actually need the power of a VPS? If so, what for?

Like Google Analytics? Or is that different? Any recommend trackers?
Just to add on what the rest have mentioned about trackers. Some trackers already have integrations with traffic sources and networks alike, which will make things easier on setting up your tracker. Postback tracking for instance can differ between network to network as each network uses a proprietary software by lets say Everflow vs Cake. In that sense, your tracking parameters and macros will differ according to which network you have signed up for.

User interface of the tracker will also make a difference for a beginner affiliate as well. It might be better if you are able to 'purchase
the free trials some trackers offer just to experiment between them.

MI
Back