The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Long Time Affiliate, Finally Making Push to $100/day Consistently

Try Artisteer for WP Landing Pages. They have a trial period available.

Bevo can be a little tricky at first, but you will warm up to it.

Hey @tjtutor! Your call on Artisteer is right on...much more flexible than Thrive Content Builder. Downloaded it tonight. You may have saved my campaigns from a serious case of landing-page-not-convertingitis :)

Not excited about redoing all of my work on 4 campaigns with Artisteer, but I am more than willing to pay that price to get back to where I was at least. The Bing information I picked up from several great AffiliateFix members here have sent my traffic into scalable territory.

Pushing onward..

I followed @tjtutor 's advice and checked out Artisteer for landing pages. Only tried a few things with it but can already tell I can create tighter pages than with Thrive Content. Going to recreate my landers with Artisteer with the conversion elements I can't get into Thrive's pages. Still like Thrive for a lot of things, but mobile landers need to be tighter than Thrive allows.

Wednesday will be the restart of my normal work routine where I can invest at least 4 hours a day, and often up to 8 hours getting campaigns dialed in. As much as I enjoyed my trip, I had this constant desire to get back to my campaigns and make them work!

I also have so many campaigns to launch, that any moment away from AM feels like I am wasting it. Going to get back rolling by Wednesday.

My updates will once again include numbers, conversions, lessons learned..and growth.

A picture from where I was today:

Hiking-at-The-Great-Sand-Dunes1.jpg

I followed @tjtutor 's advice and checked out Artisteer for landing pages. Only tried a few things with it but can already tell I can create tighter pages than with Thrive Content. Going to recreate my landers with Artisteer with the conversion elements I can't get into Thrive's pages. Still like Thrive for a lot of things, but mobile landers need to be tighter than Thrive allows.

Wednesday will be the restart of my normal work routine where I can invest at least 4 hours a day, and often up to 8 hours getting campaigns dialed in. As much as I enjoyed my trip, I had this constant desire to get back to my campaigns and make them work!

I also have so many campaigns to launch, that any moment away from AM feels like I am wasting it. Going to get back rolling by Wednesday.

My updates will once again include numbers, conversions, lessons learned..and growth.

A picture from where I was today:

Hiking-at-The-Great-Sand-Dunes1.jpg

Loads of awesomeness @Maxin ! Love the photo, can only imagine the striking view in person.

I'm pleased that Artisteer is working for you. Lots of tools inside and loads of options.

Thank you @tjtutor ! Really appreciate you saving me so much time in my search for a better approach to wordpress landers. I think I heard of Artisteer at one time, but completely forgot about it until you steered me in the right direction.

My pleasure to share my journey here @Leif W ! Yes, Bing and Adwords require a lot of patience, no doubt. I am going to keep working with them for the time being with these long term campaigns and high value site. Once I get my campaigns back to profitability on Bing, I will shift to different traffic sources.

I want to get MobiCow rocking for me because they are so fast with approvals, the price is decent, and they have more than enough traffic for my needs. I will also work with Go2Mobi on my next campaigns.

What traffic sources are you running with @Leif W ?

Today I am back home after a great - but unproductive - trip through Colorado. Going full steam into campaigns again starting tonight.

In a dog fight with Artisteer to get my new mobile version of my landers to look right. Artisteer has far better controls for designing a page than Thrive Content Builder, though I am not able to get the tight look I want for mobile landing pages. I know I will figure it out eventually. Every minute matters and I would rather post my new lander, turn the ads back on, then get data and even results tomorrow. Now I will be fighting the software for a while until I get the design close. Oh well..all part of the journey. I am committing to get a new lander up and running for one campaign by tomorrow night. The first will be the hardest. The other campaigns will be easier once I have the skills with the new tool.

Good to be back from my trip and back on my main journey.

As I have learned, minor changes to a landing page cause huge swings in performance. My latest changes seemed to have crashed my results. .

hey @Maxin can you please elaborate what kind of "minor" changes you are talking about.... we are all looking at you like spectators. thanks for the comprehensive updates, I wish we are gonna congratulate you for achieving $100 a day soon (Y)

Hello again @marketerbybirth ! Yeah..I will give you some details on my issues with my landers.

My first landers that converted looked clean and simple on a desktop, but only showed one of three offers on the first page.

I then attempted to move all of the offers closer together, but still did not get the offers close enough to work. Surprisingly, the small changes of moving the offers together caused my conversion rates to drop badly. The lander to offer CTR was great - usually over 50%. But the final conversion rate dropped to nothing. Not quite sure how that happened, but it may be that my page looked untrustworthy is my suspicion.

Rebuilding the pages now with different tools. One page will be up tonight and running again.
By Monday of next week, all four of my campaigns with new landers will be back and running finally.

Hope this helps you understand the details..

I then attempted to move all of the offers closer together, but still did not get the offers close enough to work.

wow that`s something really interesting. I always think that aesthetics have a very important role assigned in the field of marketing, and its something that happened with you too. In fact whenever I made a purchase through internet, I always prefer more sophisticated and genuine looking website, because they look more trustworthy.

Yeah @marketerbybirth small changes caused havoc on my results. @RobEnvyus warned me to make only one small change at a time. And my "optimizing" destroyed my results. One major lesson learned - keep every version of landing pages with the results from each page. I blew it because I could not dial back my changes.

After about 6 hours of work including playing around with Artisteer and returning to Thrive Content Builder - I finally have a lander that works well for both mobile and for desktop. My problems began when I mistakenly built my pages focused on full screen appearance. My mobile version was way off and my results tanked. Now both versions look good enough with the mobile version almost exactly as I want.

Artisteer looks more powerful than Thrive Content Builder. I returned to Thrive because I came up with a work around for getting most of the content I wanted into a small space.

I dialed back my daily ads spends for testing this new lander template. I was getting $500 invoices per week from Bing and have pulled that back to get my campaigns on solid footing before I over invest in traffic.

Really glad to be back with live campaigns, getting data, and adjusted to the mobile traffic. Getting up every morning to a few conversions is a habit I was enjoying!

Tomorrow I will get @JakeMA campaign rolling again using this same template. I am also planning on switching up traffic for this campaign. Going to be an exciting week with more numbers rolling in!

How I am thinking now:

The new lander drove decent click thru's on my secondary offer, but suffered on my primary offer. I suspected that the link pass through speed was too slow - from 4.5-6 seconds. I am going to make the link cloaking and pass through simpler to cut the link to page load time by half. My secondary offer received about the same traffic of my primary offer. That definitely suggests the load time is too slow..
Making that change now and will have new, probably better results tomorrow.

Spent $5, earned $8.60. Would have expected at least $8.60 if not $12.90.
Glad to be ROI positive again and getting conversions:)

Also going to reload and run @JakeMA offer tomorrow. Two campaigns for CPA's going, and getting back up to four offers by Wednesday.

@Maxin what all I can say is wow... How are you doing all this work by yourself? I mean if you are into, graphics and design and programming altogether? Another thing that I want to know is about the money. How much did you spent, to start all of this ?I mean can you recommend certain amount kf mineh that you believe is enough to start with the affiliate marketing? Here have another question, which kind of campaign you believe is going to be an ideal one for someone who's going to make a debut ? I am sorry for getting a little off the topic...but I think answers for these questions froman expert like you will help other starters too :)

The money is pretty small if you are working with being or mobicalc or other traffic sources that do not require the 500 or $1000 deposits zeropark and a lot of other quality sources.

I would not consider myself an expert but I have learned an awful lot over the years and I'm comfortable with the graphics and some coding and the conversion techniques. Still, as you can tell from my lack of huge numbers, I have a lot to learn. Fortunately, there are several people on this site and around the web that will guide you or me or anyone that asks with sufficient information to get us started. The best recommendation I can give to anybody is start small, work with your affiliate manager like I work with Rob at envyus media, and keep plugging every single day like I do. I know that with my consistent efforts and the skills I'm developing that my numbers will get better and better as they have in the past. Starting from zero I got up to $27 a day in a few weeks but then dropped back when I made some mistakes.

When I read Cash Money affiliates story I saw the same kind of process. He would make money and then all of the sudden Wood there would be a huge setback and he would have to begin all over again. That is why not everybody is a successful affiliate. I am willing to keep grinding it out until I climb this first mountain of getting to $100 per day consistently. I know you and everybody else reading this site can absolutely do the same thing and more!

Sorry friends for that nonsense post above..I was using my Note 4 on voice transcription and a lot of key words went wrong.

If you are using Bing or Mobicow you do not need much money to get started, maybe $25-$50 to get data. Not even that much for Mobicow.

I also just learned that Bing has many more features than I am using. Spending today upgrading my campaigns on Bing across all four of my offers, then running with new ads, new features, and upgraded landers starting tomorrow.

I will have solid tracking in place to know exactly what is getting conversions for me - again.

Spent an hour with Bing getting my ads reapproved, keywords off editorial review, and using their tracking system. They take 24 hours to set-up and recognize conversion pixels, but at least their tracking should be more reliable and faster than what I have been using so far.

My goal is to figure out why some days I see 30-40% click through and 20% conversion rates, and the next day I will get 20% click through and 0% conversions - from the same page seemingly.

Once I get the data and run landing page tests with different ad groups to different urls, I will then know:
1. Which lander gets the click through
2. Which lander converts at the highest rate, presumably the one getting the click through
3. Which keywords convert,
4. What time of day, platform, and locations convert.

Finally, I will be able to scale what works and not be shooting in the dark. I tried Bevo Media and was getting unreliable data.

I never got AdsBridge to work for me correctly - totally my fault, though I thought I was using the right format.
Was considering Prosper202 but do not like the fact that it appears to not allow lander rotation - something I consider critical.

I will get CPVLabs installed once I get this campaign sorted out. Then I will use the same principles on all the others. I know this campaign can convert very nicely because it has several times in the past - with nearly 300% ROI. Some how I screwed things up and never knew exactly what parameters - keywords, conversion factors, etc. - were driving the conversions. Now I will know that key intel starting tomorrow!

Will report later tomorrow on the results from the updated testing and conversions.

Now have two campaigns rolling. One from @RobEnvyus and one from @JakeMA

I reworked the landers for both campaigns significantly. Only one of them has tracking that should kick in tomorrow sometime.

Will install tracking on the MonsterAds compaign tomorrow. Also going to get another two campaigns posted tomorrow and get back in the game with both quality and quantity in my favor. I figure at my level I need to be running about 10 campaigns to find the strong performers. When I get more skilled at creating high converting landers - and that needs to happen like NOW - and with solid tracking, then I can roll with a new campaign or two per day. That will get me 7-14 new campaigns per week.

Since the problems with the campaigns I have not converting are all because I have mucked up the landers, screwed up tracking or did not fill in something right, and have gotten random results, the problems are mine, not the campaigns. When I do my job well across all the areas of affiliate marketing skills - ads, keywords, landers, offers, tracking, and data analysis - then things go reasonably well.

Back to full 2-4 hours a day effort or more.

Pushing to reach my goal in 8 days!! Both of these campaigns I am running could do it easily for me, if I hit them right.

Thankfully my new lander showed conversions today. Not profitable - still need one more conversion by tonight - and then will return to profitability.

Installing Prosper202 now, along with using Bing's tracking. Getting reasonable traffic from Bing for a change. Pausing the general or low CTR keywords has boosted my campaign results and may by itself be enough to get to profitability again.

Going to collect another day of data without changing anything on one campaign. Still no conversions on the relaunched MonsterAds campaign, but I have a high value conversion method I am going to try. Nothing too unusual - going with survey forms. Plus I will rotate offer landers once I have Prosper202 installed correctly.

Planning on setting up the new version of my MonsterAds campaign tonight, letting my Envyus campaign collect another day of data and possibly hit profitability again.

My goal is now 5 new campaigns per 7 days. With the performing lander template, prosper202 installed, and my new expertise with Bing, I see this as a reasonable goal.

5 campaigns posted, plus optimizing every day, while adding a few more campaigns. The total budget will probably be about $50-$100 per day, but planned to be offset by some conversions.

The numbers today:
@RobEnvyus offer: 56 ad clicks, only 15 clicks to my primary offer with 2 conversions, 30 clicks to secondary offer??? 0 conversions - this offer has yet to convert. I am going to switch it out. Spent about $9, earned $8.60 so far. Another $1.50 to go and a decent possibility to earn a total of $12.60, making it a profitable day.

@JakeMA offer: 50 ad clicks, 11 clicks to offer, 0 conversions. This is the campaign I will hit hard with every conversion method I can think of - including surveys. It will take me a few hours to get this installed, but then I can test my landers vs. offer landers. The traffic is strong, but my landers are the challenge.

Making up for lost time during my vacation, I have put in several hours daily building much more sophisticated landers that seem to be driving much better click through rates.

Campaign 1 (@RobEnvyus ) Just turned this new lander on so the numbers are not up to date. 16 page visits to 4 click throughs. 25% CTR is low for me, but workable. Some change I made - probably to reducing what I thought were junk keywords but may have been good ones - has crushed my traffic. Going to enable the paused keywords and get traffic ramped up to the near 100 per day. With my much more evolved landers, I expect my CTR and conversions to rocket.

Campaing 2 (@JakeMA ) This lander has been on for part of the day and the results look strong. 18 page visits with 15 click throughs for a stellar 83% CTR. Now to ramp up the traffic so I can pass 100 visits per day of targeted traffic minimum per day. Traffic has normally not been a problem on this campaign. Conversions have been my challenge. At least now I can expect the majority of the traffic I buy to pass through in a motivated state to the offer.

Optimizing both these campaigns for another day or so, and adding a MobiCow campaign today as well. Getting busy!

Will report back on the MobiCow campaign. Great thing about Mobicow is they approve fast, run fast, and report fast with loads of traffic.

Interesting results. On one campaign, the survey based lander got a strong CTR. On the other campaign, the survey based lander dropped the CTR significantly and killed conversions.

Changed the survey lander that killed conversions to not be automatic and less offensive with some questions.

Adding a new campaign today focused on mobile traffic. Will run it on Mobicow and see if I can get a few conversions with a sweepstakes offer.

Hello All AffiliateFix'ers!

This is not quite the beginning of my journey with your forum, but close. I officially started on Friday but the system would not let me post my first journey entry.

I ended up getting amazing help already from Robert at Envyus Media. He completely opened my eyes to how much I don't know..and that is great step in the right direction. Will fill in more later tonight after I launch another campaign.

Going with CPA and several different traffic sources.
Using AdsBridge for tracking...and demonstrating the 50 ways to muck it up! o_O
Running dating offers from Envyus - Thanks Rob!
Using Bing, Mobicow, Mmedia and a few others for traffic so far until I find something that converts.

Thus far..spent about $20 across several sources..one conversion at $4.30 from Bing.

Have little clue as to the kw or ad the conversion came from. Yep, lots to learn.
Hi thanks for sharing journey. Were you doing traditional Affiliate marketing before? I have not tried CPA. How do you decide what product to pick? Thanks

banners
Back