The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Long and Ugly Urls

mlkx

affiliate
My campaign links are all so ugly and long, so I am wondering if I can do something about that
http:/Example.com/t/path/lp.php?trvid=121231&trvx=6081c267d&campid={campaign}&creaid={crid}&sitenm={pln}&cityrg={city}-{region}&ctcode={cc}&device={device_vendor}-{device_model}&useros={os}&usrisp={isp}&osvers={os_version}&referr={referrer}

My second question is when i enter the url on the traffic source and someone clicks on it, do i still have to specify the link in the index file itself? My best guess was that because there clicking banners, the user dont have a option of clicking anything else is that correct?

Thanks for the reply guys!

My campaign links are all so ugly and long, so I am wondering if I can do something about that
http:/Example.com/t/path/lp.php?trvid=121231&trvx=6081c267d&campid={campaign}&creaid={crid}&sitenm={pln}&cityrg={city}-{region}&ctcode={cc}&device={device_vendor}-{device_model}&useros={os}&usrisp={isp}&osvers={os_version}&referr={referrer}

Your tracker will give you a "pretty link".

My second question is when i enter the url on the traffic source and someone clicks on it, do i still have to specify the link in the index file itself? My best guess was that because there clicking banners, the user dont have a option of clicking anything else is that correct?

Your banner link, created by your tracker, will take the user to your landing page.

Most all trackers allow you to create your own url's these days. I know AdsBridge and Bevo do.

Be sure you know that nothing from your traffic will get passed this way.

The reason your URL are long,

"?trvid=121231&trvx=6081c267d&campid={campaign}&creaid={crid}&sitenm={pln}&cityrg={city}-{region}&ctcode={cc}&device={device_vendor}-{device_model}&useros={os}&usrisp={isp}&osvers={os_version}&referr={referrer}"

Is to collect traffic source data to help with your campaign optimizations. If you're looking at sending direct traffic with short URL, look at na.gg, bitly, trafficker.io, trackerly.

But again make sure to use the long URL for paid traffic to track ad network tracking macros. Most ad networks will have a place the preview URL, this is what visitors will see your LP (short URL).

Bevo has a feature to shorten your tracking URL, but It will not track tracking macros when using the short URL. See here.
bA9kci5.png

MI
Back