The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Learning To Use A Tracker From Scratch.

push and pop network traffic never converted for me there.

ah, I have never tested push traffic, my old bro achieved amazingly though, smart guy & good job achieving or even testing it to you :) have tested pop traffic years ago, never achieved with it though.

It converts well with search traffic like:
people search: How to cure type 2 diabetes symptoms naturally
you put this keyword @ the campaign.

sorting "Gravity" lets you see which campaigns are getting sales, I think gravity's the 3 month avg sales per day of the top 50 advertisers. There's a few good niches there like cure diabetes, woodworking & niche programs I've achieved well with.

Last edited:
maxbounty cpa email submits are more beginner friendly though because you are able to find keywords & ads getting sales with much less cost. clickbank per sale = $10 > $50 on avg. so it might need some more cost at first to get data. I started with maxbounty CPA email submits @ $3.50 per lead which's what I recommend a beginner starts with.

As mentioned before, a lot of the more popular trackers offer a good documentation. I haven't used a third party tracker before, but I started with BeMob recently and it was quite easy to set everything up. A lot of popular traffic sources and networks are already included in templates so it's just a few clicks to add them, no need to add all the tokens/parameters etc. And it's also free to use up until (I think) 100k events a month.

Regarding the other questions from this topic:

Traffic source; depends on what you're gonna run, but cheaper traffic sources such as pop and push are easier to start with on a smaller budget because the CPC's are lower and it's easier to gather data. Starting off with low payout offers makes it easier as well.

Optimizing the campaign: I would suggest to read some case studies. Some advertising networks have blogs where they post case studies, and you should be able to find some videos on YouTube as well regarding this topic.

with most ad networks its not needed.

This is also very incorrect.

i don't understand why you say this

Of that I am sure.

Every newbies needs to learn and use a professional tracker. In addition, suggesting that ClickBank is a good place for Newbies to start is like telling someone they can get prime meats at a convenience store.

You are misguiding Newbies with your claims of not needing to learn and use a professional tracker and to start with CB.

All Newbies need to start immediately with a professional tracker and they should immediately start relationships with a couple of good affiliate networks so they can learn the ins and outs of managing relationships with affiliate managers. Anything less is mis-direction and poor business guidance.

I agree trackers are good & essential when doing native on most networks, I must disagree with the need to have trackers doing bing & google & FB, like the FB pixel & roas, conversions & every stat & more's at bing, google & FB's built in trackers & trackers only add load time to cpa links with my experience (each page load second = 7% conversion rate)
you may get the conversion pixel & put it at bing & google & give the affiliate manager the FB pixel & they will have it put on the conversion script at the cpa offers most times.

I do agree, CPA is better to start with then CB, there are many good campaigns there though & they accept complete beginners. I would say start with Clickbank > Cpalead anyday, those are full of lead shaven win iphone email submits which arent allowed at bing google or FB.
clickbank also lets you have what offers are converting. (maxbounty does a good job with this with the top campaigns but many arent complaint with bing & chatting with the affiliate manager saying you would like whitehat campaigns is the best way to get whats doing good at eg maxbounty)
(beginners #1 tip, make sure the cpa link's win iphone campaign doesnt have the people need to purchase things to enter
eg. Free iphone (upon completion of purchase requirements)
good email submits are like:
scholarshipowl.com
rent to own homes
everyday family samples
auto insurance email submits

Last edited:
I want to be able to backtrack my funnel KPIs and sales conversion results to the originating source and its cohort.
All the rest is only fluff and conjecture or possibly subjective decision making.
Step tracking, adsbridge has a pretty good version which also lets you test upsells etc
eg.
lander > converts >
50% traffic -> upsell1 | 25% traffic > upsell2 | 25% traffic > upsell3
& you may see demographics converting at each step eg southerners purchase upsell 2 & northerners purchase upsell3 & redirect southerners to upsell1 & northerners to upsell2
the only way to get Genders & ages which's the hugest thing to me is at the ad network though, putting conversion "events" from the traffic sources built in tracker does this nicely. (just create a conversion code & label it like upsell1 & put the code from eg google on the upsell page's conversion page)
which gives complete statistics on each funnel step's conversion's derivative cohorts.

Landing page genius does this nicely too which integrates with CPVLab, this lets you split test headlines & html (like testing 5 things at a time = 25 variations instead of testing 25 landers, if your doing $500+/day & have the ability & a quick server to handle the traffic, CPV labs would be my choice)

& tip: when testing elements like headlines & images, use the lander CTR to determine their effects if you have something priced above $20 varying o the budget you have to be cost effective while obtaining statistically significant data) :)

Last edited:
haha awesome dude very nice yeah the only 3rd party tracker I use these days is google analytics too, I guess it would be considered more an analytics platform then a tracker though.
you are tracking with google tag manager's features to obtain data you parse though, technically its a tracker, a very very smart & speedy 1 :D

the only way to get ages & genders is with the ad networks built in tracker though.
google analytics.PNG

1. Get set up with a couple of CPA networks
  2. Learn to make landing pages
  3. once that is set up;
    Most of the better SaaS trackers have 2 week trial programs
    read and understand the set up docs first
  4. Then start the trial, get set up; then debug the tracking and the 2nd week run your first campaign
See if you can configure the tacker you tried and if you are not happy make a decision;
continue and pay for the first month or try another tracker

When you cannot code it's hard enough learning the HTML and JavaScript.
Learning to use a server properly --get those things under control first.

This^^^^^^^^^IS excellent advice for noobs! It's important for them to be able to make a quick and easy assembly of assets in this way so they get a structured and fundamental picture and experience quickly and easily before contemplating any intermediate or advanced practices. This advice from Graybeard provides exactly that!

Since I can make and read server logs ... :D
1641758906798.png

I can do reverse IP->hostnames after the fact

All 'traffic' that is accepted (much is filtered out and is shown by the web server log request and status) is logged as well as tokens added to the redirected referral click. Tracking is not an issue when you can code.

When a landing page of my own is used; Google-Analytics captures the data fine; a s2s postback includes a unique long number and that can be backtracked to the source easily by $grep

I have been doing this for a long time --I don't need tools for tracking TY

Last edited:
I would not recommend that you try to direct link inpage-push or pop traffic to the offer URL with your tracker as the middleman.
This is a gold mine! Full of priceless advice.

Thank you so much @Graybeard

Past few days I had been looking up YouTube videos and reading docs from Bemob, Voluum etc. It's a shame that I won't be able to start using Voluum right away as it's not in my budget right now. So Bemob will have to do for now, at least for the first few months!

And yes Direct linking is a total no no.

@T J Tutor Thank you so much for your valuable insights! I think this is what I had been missing. Not being able to use a tracker!

upsells &&&&& email marketing
Thank you Lord Krafty!

Appreciate all the help guys!

-

Em

when testing elements like headlines & images
I could use the same lander, load the change dynamically it's all in the URL link the request traffic is sent to
ex: &v=3
(version=3)
PHP:
if ($_GET['v'] =3){set the text,image,out_link_id;}
 elseif ($_GET['v'] =2){set the text,image,out_link_id;}
  elseif ($_GET['v'] =1){set the text,image,out_link_id;}
    else{value NULL do nothing or some default;}
Bash:
root@300100# cut -d, -f5  4001-1000BV/logs/traffic.
log|grep -c DS
root@300100# cut -d, -f5  4001-1000BV/logs/traffic.
log|grep -c IPP

those were the campaigns in that file's (above) time period 1,2,3 would be the same

the only way to get ages & genders is with the ad networks built in tracker though
PPC google ads maybe --got to have an upsell ;)

Last edited:
This is just confusing @Emmawantstolearn
She needs to get started with some simple tracking, cheap traffic and low cost offers like DOI, Sweeps or Surveys.
The first few hundred is probably wasted in CPA Programmatic Affiliate Marketing --just learning the basic principles.
  1. Get set up with a couple of CPA networks
  2. Learn to make landing pages
  3. once that is set up;
    Most of the better SaaS trackers have 2 week trial programs
    read and understand the set up docs first
  4. Then start the trial, get set up; then debug the tracking and the 2nd week run your first campaign
See if you can configure the tacker you tried and if you are not happy make a decision;
continue and pay for the first month or try another tracker

When you cannot code it's hard enough learning the HTML and JavaScript.
Learning to use a server properly --get those things under control first.

I would not recommend that you try to direct link inpage-push or pop traffic to the offer URL with your tracker as the middleman. That sort of traffic has to be filtered. Use a page of yours in the middle so you get some legitimate clicks out.

banners
Back