The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Learning To Use A Tracker From Scratch.

Hi Guys / Gals,

Where can I learn to start using a tracker from scratch?

I'm not a coder so I was totally stumped when I saw I had to paste a Script for tracking.

I'm a total newbie to this and I have searched this forum with multiple keywords like tracking, trackers, etc but I haven't been able to find a in-depth, start from scratch kind of guide!

Is there a good website / thread on this forum itself where I can learn this extensively?

Thank you,

-

Em

Every tracker has a documents manual if it's any good (commercially)
Most SaaS trackers have blogs with set up tips ;)
Google search for SaaS is showing up Microsoft Azure. SaaS trackers however showed Woopra documentation. But not what I'm looking for. ☹️

Where can I get hold of a good start-from-scratch manual?

Thank you for your help!

-

Em

Last edited:

All of the top trackers (not in any particular order) like Voluum, RedTrack, AdsBridge, Binom, FunellFlux Pro, BeMob, and so many more, have great documentation and video training.

Some of them, like FunnelFlux Pro, have some unique visual interfaces for building out your tracking for your funnels. Funnels are the key part of FunnelFlux Pro. They let you visually design a flow you want visitors to experience and it lets you make the tracking of many different traffic sources and campaigns point to a single funnel. You can find similar features with Voluum, RedTrack, and others.

And run your first test campaign with pop traffic. You might get a load of junk clicks but you'll also get a massive amount of data to learn from very cheap.

And run your first test campaign with pop traffic. You might get a load of junk clicks but you'll also get a massive amount of data
Hi!

I have 2 questions if you would be so kind to answer them please?

1) I wouldn't know how exactly to interpret that data since I have no idea what's good and what's bad for you in a particular campaign? Meaning What to look for? How do you determine WHEN to stop the campaign? And when to keep it going? How do we tell that people won't be interested in this product in the next couple of days?

to learn from very cheap.

2) Compared to Native Ads? / Push? What's cheap? I've seen Ad Networks claims of $0.001 CPC for US traffic but in reality it's more like $0.04 on their OWN dashboards.

Thanks in advance,

-

Em

Depending on what tacking tool you want to use
I'm not a coder so I was totally stumped when I saw I had to paste a Script for tracking.
Let me show you how to do it:
1 - After downloading your Landing page and unzipping it, you'l find an HTML file right there
2.png

2 - COPY-PASTE work !
If you're using another Operating systems : Mac or Linux, it's almost the same. Just open the HTML file with your source code and do a Copy-past little work before the </head> section.
3.png

4.png

- Samira

Hi!

Thank you so much! That is soooo very kind of you!!

And this script that I have to insert inside the landing Pages is something I'll get that from tracking company once I sign up right?

Now I have to figure out which tracker I should go for!

I don't really have too complicated needs as far as data interpretation is concerned, so just total number of visits, clicks and total number of conversion (final sale) would be enough for me.

I was thinking of something I could buy just once and not worry about paying monthly installments. Like Solid Affiliate For WordPress ($149 for lifetime access!) which is actually for Vendors, so is there anything like that for Affiliates? Also if I choose something to be installed on WP that would mean I have to have a WP website and won't be able to choose between other options like Landerbolt etc. But it also means I won't have to worry about all this tracking code stuff!

Any other good options out there?

Thank you so much for your help!

-

Em

And this script that I have to insert inside the landing Pages is something I'll get that from tracking company once I sign up right?
Yeh! But not once you sing up, girl!! You have to set your stuff first, you need to set up the postpack link and add your affiliate network, add your LP and chose the tokens you want, add any tokens you’d like to see in your reporting .. For exp : {camp_id} or {lp_name} ..
You know? Once you choose your tracker, you'll find there a guide, and also the assistance service of all the tracking sources I know are good, but! If you didn't know how to set things up, you can share your problem and we can save it with you.
Now I have to figure out which tracker I should go for!
Exactly! You're planning to choose a tracking tool or Google analysitics?
I don't really have too complicated needs as far as data interpretation is concerned, so just total number of visits, clicks and total number of conversion (final sale) would be enough for me.
Just about any tracker can do that
I was thinking of something I could buy just once and not worry about paying monthly installments. Like Solid Affiliate For WordPress ($149 for lifetime access!) which is actually for Vendors, so is there anything like that for Affiliates?
Life time? I don't understand why would you choose a life time access, what if you found a better option and want to cancel your subscription one day? You rather try the available services around first, and check what is the one that fits your needs before making a final decision, then you can choose if you want to make a monthly or a yearly payment.
But it also means I won't have to worry about all this tracking code stuff!
Yup, the landing-page-tool you chose will provide you with an 'additional-script-feature', so you won't need to have any coding knowledge (I'm not sure if all of them have this feature), and also, their assistance must provide you with instructions on how to add any script on the landing page if they don't have the feature in their editor.

- Samira

Yeh! But not once you sing up, girl!! You have to set your stuff first, you need to set up the postpack link and add your affiliate network, add your LP and chose the tokens you want, add any tokens you’d like to see in your reporting .. For exp : {camp_id} or {lp_name} ..
OK. So the tokens are the codes you write inside the {} right?

What's a postback link?
You know? Once you choose your tracker, you'll find there a guide, and also the assistance service of all the tracking sources I know are good, but! If you didn't know how to set things up, you can share your problem and we can save it with you.
That would be so nice!
Exactly! You're planning to choose a tracking tool or Google analysitics?
Is Google Analytics free? I don't know as I feel like a stranger here. Not my waters. Feel like I'm wading through unknown territory.
Just about any tracker can do that

Life time? I don't understand why would you choose a life time access, what if you found a better option and want to cancel your subscription one day? You rather try the available services around first, and check what is the one that fits your needs before making a final decision, then you can choose if you want to make a monthly or a yearly payment.
Ummm, my way of shopping is the other way around lol. I first see if the product fits all of my basic needs and then I buy it outright! I'm a little old fashioned like that. It's also easier on my purse.
Yup, the landing-page-tool you chose will provide you with an 'additional-script-feature', so you won't need to have any coding knowledge (I'm not sure if all of them have this feature), and also, their assistance must provide you with instructions on how to add any script on the landing page if they don't have the feature in their editor.

- Samira
Thank you so much for your help!

I'm actually trying to figure out alot of stuff. And you've been very helpful so far!

Thanks again

-

Em

This might help you :
Check the guides in (START HERE) section to get some basic info.

+ For the tracking script, the link is enough, the script provides you with additional tracking tokens, but it's usually not so usueful, like how much the visitor stayed on your LP, the tokens that matter are all provided by the tracking URL, so, don't overthink.

Ummm, my way of shopping is the other way around lol. I first see if the product fits all of my basic needs and then I buy it outright! I'm a little old fashioned like that. It's also easier on my purse.
No worries, I give advises around, but I'm just like you in this
Yep Reaction GIF by Rosanna Pansino

- Samira

which network are you planning to advertise on? some trackers have functionality better suited to certain networks.
Hi!

I haven't figured that out yet!

I was actually looking for some strategies for newbies. I'm working part-time so don't have a whole lot of cash available to invest. So I'm trying to take baby steps very carefully.

What strategy would you guys advise for newbies with low funds? Especially for someone who doesn't have any track record of traffic, etc. So would be interested in applying to affiliate Networks that are newbie friendly.

Thank you for your help in advance

-

Em

Hi!

I haven't figured that out yet!

I was actually looking for some strategies for newbies. I'm working part-time so don't have a whole lot of cash available to invest. So I'm trying to take baby steps very carefully.

What strategy would you guys advise for newbies with low funds? Especially for someone who doesn't have any track record of traffic, etc. So would be interested in applying to affiliate Networks that are newbie friendly.

Thank you for your help in advance

-

Em

I would start with bing ads, you may start with a $100 coupon which bing gives you to advertise with. & it doesnt need any hosting = zero cost to start.
you don't even need hosting / a tracker to start. putting a "subid" lets you track keywords & ads which are getting leads & sales.

how to direct link @ bing ads:
example: maxbounty's scholarship owl campaign
at the ad page:
final url: mbo3maxbountylink,com?subid1={AdId}{Keyword}
& You'll be able to see which keyword eg apply for scholarships online, gets sales. :) & which ad text creatives at the maxbounty website.
(to be safe, the only thing to do is chat with bing ads first, give the CPA link & have the bing team verify the landers compliant with bing ads :)

like at clickbank, a very beginner friendly network, putting ?tid={KeyWord}{AdId} lets you get which keywords & ads got sales at clickbanks built in tracker.

I would study a bit seeing a few video series & you may apply to maxbounty & say you will advertise with bing ads & have a coupon to start with. Just be honest, they do accept beginners.

I would start with bing ads, you may start with a $100 coupon which bing gives you to advertise with. & it doesnt need any hosting = zero cost to start.
you don't even need hosting / a tracker to start. putting a "subid" lets you track keywords & ads which are getting leads & sales.

how to direct link @ bing ads:
example: maxbounty's scholarship owl campaign
at the ad page:
final url: mbo3maxbountylink,com?subid1={AdId}{Keyword}
& You'll be able to see which keyword eg apply for scholarships online, gets sales. :) & which ad text creatives at the maxbounty website.
(to be safe, the only thing to do is chat with bing ads first, give the CPA link & have the bing team verify the landers compliant with bing ads :)

like at clickbank, a very beginner friendly network, putting ?tid={KeyWord}{AdId} lets you get which keywords & ads got sales at clickbanks built in tracker.

I would study a bit seeing a few video series & you may apply to maxbounty & say you will advertise with bing ads & have a coupon to start with. Just be honest, they do accept beginners.
Thank you so much!

-

Em

This might help you :
Check the guides in (START HERE) section to get some basic info.

+ For the tracking script, the link is enough, the script provides you with additional tracking tokens, but it's usually not so usueful, like how much the visitor stayed on your LP, the tokens that matter are all provided by the tracking URL, so, don't overthink.

No worries, I give advises around, but I'm just like you in this
Yep Reaction GIF by Rosanna Pansino

- Samira
I checked this out last week but it doesn't have much to go on with.

But thank you for your advice. It is much appreciated. Thank you so much all your help!

-

Em

This is an irresponsible recommendation!
I had my first $1000+/day with clickbank & bing & was able to get every keyword & ad which got sales w/o a tracker, saving time & money.
if the campaigns start to earn more money, yeah invest in a tracker. with most ad networks its not needed.

bing lets you upload conversion pixels & everything now too, bing's stats the tracker, just like facebook ads. why track when bing shows you the ROAS on bing ads? maybe there's some more data like cities which got sales, but bing gives states... i don't understand why you say this, kindly explain, maybe I could learn something :)

MI
Back