The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Learning the Ropes of Mobile Affiliate CPA

pjgrissman

affiliate
Hi Everyone,
I'm a newbie at affiliate marketing and am hoping this forum will help catapult me to success. I currently have 2 niches sites. The 2 main areas I'm currently trying to learn are mobile affiliate cpi/cpa and selling products on Amazon. I know, I know... one at a time.... so I'm starting with affiliate mobile cpa. I have tried to run a few campaigns, but both were rejected because my landing pages were popups. But, considering I got the landing pages as part of a course, I have no idea how to change the code to not make them pop up. So, I kind of took a few steps backwards, but hopefully that's how I'll learn for the future. Anyways, I look forward to learning alot in here. If anyone has any suggestions for Mobile CPA, I'd love to hear them.

Welcome to affiliate fix!
Which traffic did you try to use? Some are more strict then others.
I don't know what you mean with "my landing pages were popups" but if you mean the message box just delete the <script> tag which contains alert();

Hi Everyone

Welcome to the AffiliateFix @pjgrissman ! It's great to have you join us.

I'm a newbie at affiliate marketing and am hoping this forum will help catapult me to success.

Well you are in the right place. Many Newbies have launched wonderful and successful businesses from within our community. As for your catapult, well, we can guide you in building it, but it's up to you to learn to load, aim, and fire it. All the materials you require to put together a successful start for your affiliate business are here along with an abundance of marketers at every level that will help guide you every step of the way.

I currently have 2 niches sites. The 2 main areas I'm currently trying to learn are mobile affiliate cpi/cpa and selling products on Amazon. I know, I know... one at a time.... so I'm starting with affiliate mobile cpa.

As you said. "I know, I know... one at a time....", this is the way!

Mobile is a great place to get a running start at this industry. 60% of revenues this year will come from mobile.

I have tried to run a few campaigns, but both were rejected because my landing pages were popups. But, considering I got the landing pages as part of a course, I have no idea how to change the code to not make them pop up.

Pops, especially on mobile, are an art. In some networks, they are becoming a dying breed. In others, they are on fire. I suggest you read through our mobile forum and post some questions about them.

As for landers that came with a course, then get some new landers made. don't use landers that bunches of other folks are using from a course (IMO). If you like them, and want to keep them, then get them modified to be better and unique.

So, I kind of took a few steps backwards, but hopefully that's how I'll learn for the future. Anyways, I look forward to learning alot in here. If anyone has any suggestions for Mobile CPA, I'd love to hear them.

Heck, I take steps back on a daily basis, the secret is to just charge forward again until you find the next leg of the path. As long as at the end of the day, or the week, you have moved forward, then everything is working and simply needs refining. It's a process!

Here is my two cents for the Newbie, all of us have been where you are and below is what finally gave all of us the successful start we garnered.

Every business needs a plan, a schedule for research, learning, and execution as well as a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of goals I always share with Newbies:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers.

We look forward to seeing you around the forum!

T J

P.S: hit the "Introductions Thread" (this thread) everyday to welcome other new members to our cozy community, it means a lot to folks to know they are recognized, known, and welcome!

MI
Back