The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Learn the Basics of Affiliate Marketing from SugarRae

I am thinking of putting up a banner for a site that I contacted for a link. I will make money for the banner add, not for any subsequent sales. Is this the same as affiliate marketing and do any other rules apply as to how it affects my site, my marketing, my brand etc?

Great post Linda,
What I want to say is that it's a lot more job to build your own affiliate business, but I am going to live from this so no one is going to stop me. I work for hours each day but I suffer from that "saving too many e-books and reports that I will read later" syndrome. Found some great tips here.
Thanks,
Kristin

I am thinking of putting up a banner for a site that I contacted for a link. I will make money for the banner add, not for any subsequent sales. Is this the same as affiliate marketing and do any other rules apply as to how it affects my site, my marketing, my brand etc?

That is not affiliate marketing ... that is only marketing some one else site on your site/page.
It would have been affiliate marketing if you would have some kind of commission for the one the buy from the other site.

Hi Bruce, sounds just like normal advertising to me. There's nothing wrong with it at all, especially if you make some money out of it. However, affiliate marketing is a bit more complex than that...it requires a convincing sales element that simply cannot be done with one ad alone IMO.

Oh yeah, brilliant post Linda! Very very cool!

How to get started as an affiliate marketer.

This is my first post. I just want to say thanks. This puts it into perspective. Alot of people are drawn to the lure of affiliate marketing because you can make money from a machine(internet).

This means you can make money while you sleep, etc.

But you need to be prepared to experience a learning curve and you need to expect bumps along the way. It can be easy but only after you know what you are doing. Before that point it just wouldn't be so easy.

Experience is the best teacher. You need to learn all you can from posts etc, and then take the plunge and invest some time and money yourself.

The best advice I can give is to try to enjoy the journey. Focusing on the destination can bring up attachment to an outcome. If the outcome isn't what you expect it can be discouraging. Extremely discouraging.

Another way at looking at attachment to an outcome is an unfulfilled expectation. The trick is to recognize the expectation, preferably before the breakdown, then find the bliss and passion before taking action again.

This is a great break down of the business. Sometimes people ask me what I do for a living and I just want to say "the internet".

banners
Back