Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Lead shaving...

CoolSpot

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
JATS Affiliate Program
Hey,

So I have set up a new campaign, (well it's an old campaign one of the first I had set up to do, before I knew how to track clicks and conversions) I have found a highly targeted traffic source for it but it seems that they are heavily shaving the leads ( or there is a major issue with my set up)

custom domain -> redirect to campaign link -> direct to offer

adsbridge is reporting 21 clicks for the week
offer is reporting a conversion of 0:12 for the week

40% seems to be a lot of leads for a network to be shaving, unfortunately they don't allow for a tracking pixel to be installed so I am unable to track the conversions in adsbridge

Just looking to get some other peoples perspective on this.

In a few days I will find similar offers and copy the campaign and see how the stats compare.

Hey,

So I have set up a new campaign, (well it's an old campaign one of the first I had set up to do, before I knew how to track clicks and conversions) I have found a highly targeted traffic source for it but it seems that they are heavily shaving the leads ( or there is a major issue with my set up)

40% seems to be a lot of leads for a network to be shaving, unfortunately they don't allow for a tracking pixel to be installed so I am unable to track the conversions in adsbridge

In a few days I will find similar offers and copy the campaign and see how the stats compare.

Yeah, if the offer is available in another network, you should split test the networks.

At Society Invite we always advise to split test 1:1 over the course of the same day.

That way you will be able to get a good amount of data and see what network comes out converting better. We've had affiliates do exactly that and when they compared the EPC they found our EPC came out on top.

Also very odd they wont allow you place a postback thats seems shady in itself

Hey,

This is not very clear, but 21 and 12 clicks are very low numbers to say anything.

You should always test other networks because some netwroks are brokering their offers and some leads may get stuck. Another possibility is that the particular network's advertiser is shaving the leads for that particular network because their overall quality sucks.

Make sure to test 3-4 networks for your offers.

Last edited:
MI
Back