The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Keyword research

xren

affiliate
Hello Everyone,

I've read all stickies and got most of the picture except on how to do keyword research.

I understand that picking right keyword is 50% of your success if not more but what kind of method do you use to find a right keyword?

Do you usually go after EMD availability in your niche, how do you check if the keyword is too tough to go after?

Do you use any tools, web based, software?

I would greatly appreciate any direction you may have.
Thanks!

Welcome xren,

Sorry I can't explain it from scratch. My carpal is hurting. But did you see this sticky? If you read it all and follow through on some examples I think it will help it all make sense.

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...ting/14441-how-do-niche-keyword-research.html

But there are no magic numbers and that thread is old so if any numbers were mentioned it may not be true now. Everything is subjective based on the niche, the competition, how good you are, how you are marketing, etc.

Hello Everyone,

I've read all stickies and got most of the picture except on how to do keyword research.

I understand that picking right keyword is 50% of your success if not more but what kind of method do you use to find a right keyword?

Do you usually go after EMD availability in your niche, how do you check if the keyword is too tough to go after?

Thanks!

Hi xren, welcome to the 5 star affiliate marketing forum! Might I first suggest that you read all the stickies.

First of all, ignore exact match domains, they are nearly worthless IMO. Instead, register a domain that somebody would want to click on. Register a domain that you would look at and say that it looks like a credible website.

Keyword research is a long complicated subject that could take up much more than I could talk about in this thread.

So just keep looking at this forum and see what floats your boat. The Keyword research topic is very broad. And you will learn, but you will learn slowly. And that's good.

Best wishes my friend. :)

Hi xren, welcome to the 5 star affiliate marketing forum! Might I first suggest that you read all the stickies.

First of all, ignore exact match domains, they are nearly worthless IMO. Instead, register a domain that somebody would want to click on. Register a domain that you would look at and say that it looks like a credible website.

Keyword research is a long complicated subject that could take up much more than I could talk about in this thread.

So just keep looking at this forum and see what floats your boat. The Keyword research topic is very broad. And you will learn, but you will learn slowly. And that's good.

Best wishes my friend. :)

Thanks for the tip.

I know EMDs are probably just getting temporary high ranking, but its hard to ignore the fact as I see them everywhere.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
I'm use GoogleKeywordTool.... I know there are advanced tools to use but this one is good to start!

Could anyone let me know which SEO tool is the most useful to improve PR in google? I have tried a lot but the result kind of limited.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Again, I offen use google adword. I found the searching results are different between adword and Wordtracker. Which one is more corrected or closing the "truth"? Thanks.

MI
Back