The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to research for profitable product (keyword question)

isedo

Hi folks, let's say i think i found a profitable niche which for sake of this example "dog food".
How should I research this niche correctly? From what i red here in the forum this will be:

1. Google treds for "dog food". Look for similar keywords.
I see that "dog food" is quite balanced as search result over time. It's aprox 100 searches per day in the last 12 months and last 30 days.
Is this a good keyword/niche? 100 searches per day could be a good number?

Than I look for similar keywords and I see: big life dog food as similar kewords and I look for similar topics as "dog bowl" which is rising by 120%.
"dog bowl" keyword is searched approx 70 times per day.

Is the logic i'm using correct? Any other suggestions folks?

These days, effective keyword research is an increasingly important skill for digital marketers. Not only do they need to know how to develop a good keyword list for PPC and SEO, but smart content marketers use keyword research to find out what topics they should write about and what phrases they should use while writing.

These days, effective keyword research is an increasingly important skill for digital marketers. Not only do they need to know how to develop a good keyword list for PPC and SEO, but smart content marketers use keyword research to find out what topics they should write about and what phrases they should use while writing.
Yeah I agree. It's crucial.

Hi folks, let's say i think i found a profitable niche which for sake of this example "dog food".
How should I research this niche correctly? From what i red here in the forum this will be:

1. Google treds for "dog food". Look for similar keywords.
I see that "dog food" is quite balanced as search result over time. It's aprox 100 searches per day in the last 12 months and last 30 days.
Is this a good keyword/niche? 100 searches per day could be a good number?

Than I look for similar keywords and I see: big life dog food as similar kewords and I look for similar topics as "dog bowl" which is rising by 120%.
"dog bowl" keyword is searched approx 70 times per day.

Is the logic i'm using correct? Any other suggestions folks?
Niche selection is overrated. In my opinion and from experience, you can make any niche "work" provided that you find the right angle.

As long as you can understand the user intent behind a specific search query (aka keyword) and can put in front of them what they are looking for/need, you can bank on it (most of the times).

Back to your example of using the "dog food" niche here is how i would go about keyword researching it:

I am assuming that you want to build a niche site so bear with me:
1. I would type "dog food" in google and check what show up on the first page. Are there any niche or affiliate like sites ranking on this page? This is your competition. Take note, check their site.

2.From point 1 above you have 2 choices:
a- shortcut: plug your competitors' sites in a paid keyword tool and see what they rank for. They have already done the heavy lifting.
b- you could check variation of "dog food" or related keywords showing up on page 1 and keep building your list of keywords from there.

3. Check "people also ask" section and take note

When it comes to search volumes, as you likely already know the higher the volumes the stiffer the competition (in most cases). As a beginner I would go with low search volume, low competition keywords.

Honestly there are 101 ways of doing keyword research but the above should get you started in the right direction.

Good luck with your project.

Niche selection is overrated. In my opinion and from experience, you can make any niche "work" provided that you find the right angle.

As long as you can understand the user intent behind a specific search query (aka keyword) and can put in front of them what they are looking for/need, you can bank on it (most of the times).

Back to your example of using the "dog food" niche here is how i would go about keyword researching it:

I am assuming that you want to build a niche site so bear with me:
1. I would type "dog food" in google and check what show up on the first page. Are there any niche or affiliate like sites ranking on this page? This is your competition. Take note, check their site.

2.From point 1 above you have 2 choices:
a- shortcut: plug your competitors' sites in a paid keyword tool and see what they rank for. They have already done the heavy lifting.
b- you could check variation of "dog food" or related keywords showing up on page 1 and keep building your list of keywords from there.

3. Check "people also ask" section and take note

When it comes to search volumes, as you likely already know the higher the volumes the stiffer the competition (in most cases). As a beginner I would go with low search volume, low competition keywords.

Honestly there are 101 ways of doing keyword research but the above should get you started in the right direction.

Good luck with your project.
I agree 100% on the angle thing. Sure that is crucial and for the rest, thanks for your valuable tips. They are very useful to me right now.
Have you ever build an affiliate website and succeeded? By succeded I mean some profits which made you smile. ✌️

I'm just starting in this journey and I'd like to go both in the direction of affiliate web site and CPA Media Buying.

I agree 100% on the angle thing. Sure that is crucial and for the rest, thanks for your valuable tips. They are very useful to me right now.
Have you ever build an affiliate website and succeeded? By succeded I mean some profits which made you smile. ✌️

I'm just starting in this journey and I'd like to go both in the direction of affiliate web site and CPA Media Buying.
Yes i have had affiliate sites bringing in a trickle of cash and No i am no millionaire yet :cool:
Not enough to retire on a sunny beach!

I would say if you have the budget go the CPA route with paid traffic. You can control the traffic and assess your results faster.

SEO is a long term game. Some people give up just when their site is about to take off.
You need patience, consistency and more importantly quality content satisfying the user intent/need.

Yes i have had affiliate sites bringing in a trickle of cash and No i am no millionaire yet :cool:
Not enough to retire on a sunny beach!

I would say if you have the budget go the CPA route with paid traffic. You can control the traffic and assess your results faster.

SEO is a long term game. Some people give up just when their site is about to take off.
You need patience, consistency and more importantly quality content satisfying the user intent/need.
Yes, I see the point, I'm quite familiar with the "long-term game" so I'd like to play it on the side because I feel in time, it will be more solid as an overall project. But yeah man, most people give up after few months because the money starts to shine after many months.

Keep up with your project and if you feel like sharing it with me, send me a dm, I'm genuinely interested to see what is your project about.

Here's an example: 10,000 webmasters think they know it all and use the same search keywords that the other webmasters use, playing copycat and become part of the internet SEO circle jerk.

banners
Back