The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Journey to Reaching $100 profit a day with Native Ads

• On US traffic I can do financial profiling on valid ISP traffic by location (city, state, zipcode) (70%+- accuracy) from public records.
  • On Global traffic I can detect much known non ISP traffic in real time
  • I can heuristically detect some non-human (bot) traffic in real time and forensically detect additional bot traffic with forged headers (after the fact)

Before you ask; this is not by using some magic 'tool", free or paid for :D
It's done with hard earned knowledge and data accumulated by myself and using data accumulated by others who have sourced their data in the public domain.

I can buy public domain sourced data based on the information that a user gives me -- email, location address, telephone number etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The real problem is in either your traffic or your funnel -- possibly both.
You can only control your end; the offer that you hand-off the referral to basically only supplies you with binary data (yes|no) and no possible reasons for the why part -- only perhaps subjective or assumed reasons on your part.

On your own landing pages you can use beacons and statistics -- what I mean by this are image types served, form inputs, setting your own cookies and tracking them. Then by counting and studying your own redirects that are logged on your server.

Do your own logs agree with the traffic network's counts?
If they disagree what is the under count?
Is their count unreasonably inaccurate?
You tracker may show this if the traffic is recorded more than once on your landing page
  1. the first hit in -- is that being recorded the tracker?
  2. the 302 exit to the tracker (the CTR of the landing page CTA -- the click thru ->again)
  3. and the redirect to the destination (the offer usually?)
Learn to read and use your own webserver's access logs -- don't just depend on some tracking tool.

The way I see it: people spend money on web design and traffic without any real effort to incorporate accountability. You cannot prevent most problems before they occur but you should be able to discern what has occurred -- and take actions more based on some known facts rather than blind assumptions.

Update #7

Because of the conversions on hold and confirming or rejecting several days after I have decided to use the "last 7 day" metric to post updates instead of the daily metric (or else you will only see red and on holds).

Last 7 day stats:
Visits: 5966
Clicks: 1582
Conversions: 13 (11 on hold, 12 declined)
Revenue: $331.50
Cost: $517.43
Profit -35.93%

As you can see the campaign is improving at a pretty good rate. This time I have decided to share some other stats as well.

Ads:

Ad1: 13.19% roi
Ad2: -38.51% roi
Ad3: -7.71% roi
Ad4: -34.50% roi
Ad5: 12.30% roi
Ad6: -100% roi
Ad7: -100% roi
Ad8: -100% roi

These are my current ads that I am using(with many that had 1 x product payout in spent removed), ad 6 still has 2 on hold conversions so that one could turn out to be a winner. Ad7 and 8 might be cut soon if they don't start performing.

Glad to see some ads performing rather well.

Landers:

Land1: -25.16% roi
Land2: -37.54% roi

These stats are OK, but I am currently testing 2 more landers based on 1 and 2 but improved with hot jar heat maps to see where clicks are. Then I start to hyperlink images and much clicked words.

Offers:

Offer 1: -65% roi
Offer 2: -65.36 roi
Offer 3: -43.86% roi
Offer 4: -6.14% roi

Seems like we have a winner with offer 4. Offer 3 will be tested still while 1 and 2 will be removed.

Question: Do you guys know how long cod offers generally run? I'm hoping to be able to break into green and profit for a while before it gets taken down.. wouldn't want to waste all this effort for nothing.

Let me know your thoughts and what else you would like to see. Is it useful to update this way or would you rather have it more simple?

Update #8

Last 7 day stats:
Visits: 6834
Clicks: 2107
Conversions: 16 (9 on hold, 10 declined)
Revenue: $408
Cost: $600.74
Profit -32.08%

These are my current statistics which shows a small improvement yet again. I have discovered drill down reports thanks to someone who is more knowledgeable than me and used yesterday to discover a winning combination.

The combination goes with an ad that has 50% roi with a prelander that has 180% roi and an offer with 95% roi. Currently putting it to the test to see how that goes.

This caused my traffic to slowdown yesterday and no conversions at all, while today it has broke even till now. Curious to see how it will go on.

• The ad network <3 you :p
  • $200 is not a big loss but when you add up your time spent value?
  • I would try another ad network at this point
  • You have a merchantable offer that will convert -- you have established that

It is over 7 days so about $30 a day loss haha. I think I have found a winning combination (or at least the one who helped me did).

Before the test I am getting closer to green roi every day. Had about 2 days green 2 red and 3 breakeven(with some conversions on hold that could push it to green).

There was 1 lander which had like 80% of the rejected conversions.. Now that one is gone I think it should be better. Only testing the winning combination today or else I might revert some things.

Do you mean traffic source or affiliate network that you would change?

Do you know how long offers tend to stay? The data suggests that if I continue I should be having a green campaign within a week or 2.

No, I meant
  • the gross number of ads served
  • if you do not host the served content you are working blind
=In other words; if you upload your ad image to a remote server (you do not control) you cannot count your ad image independently.

The image would be status 200 or 304 in YOUR server log or 403/444 possibly

Otherwise, a remote server could tell you anything and there is no verification.

• I hate to say so --but padding and shaving is very common when you do not have database control, or the opportunity to audit the database and the books, in this man-in-the-middle AM industry.
  • That said; some businesses deal honestly --but it's too damn easy to shave off the top or pad some amount and get away with it.
When I was a field or inside salesman years ago; we took an order and knew it existed.
The customer said yes to our ear or signed on the dotted line then we turned in the order to our employer.
If something went wrong we had the data to either talk with the customer on the phone or visit his home or place of business to confirm the status of the sale --was it delivered or not --hard evidence </case closed>

I consider everyone suspect doing business on the internet. False claims and erroneous data are not that uncommon. If things don't look right I just walk away. I walk away a lot and sometimes can miss an opportunity. It's really a subjective judgement.

I can't say why something may work or may not work based on summarized data.
---------------
$6/$220 is only 3% I think that seems reasonable. But what is that error actually?

total : unique IPs are IPs(traffic) that has requested you ad more than once in a 24hr period.
that can occur when a person sees the same as twice and clicks and possibly if he refreshes the ad?

visits to what? your prelanding (funnel) page and the clicks mean the CTR FROM that page of yours?

$74.52/157 =$0.47 that is what a potential customer cost you (that day).
$74.52/4 =$18.63 is your cost per customer acquired in the ad campaign (that day) less any other expenses [server, time, misc biz expense] assuming the 'pending' sales complete.

Visits: 164
Clicks: 42
Conversions: 0
Revenue: $0
Cost: $47.08
Profit: -$47.08
ROI: -100%

Visit = 164
Cost = $47.08

Your CPC is $0.28. Are you Ok with this CPC. You didn't mention GEO and Traffic source. Since its COD offer so i can imagine most likely Geo could not be US-UK-Canada-Australia. Affiliate Network might be Adcombo. your Payout is $25.5 per conversion. I don't want to narrow it down further.

I think you might be paying higher CPC. Try lowering your CPC. Based on your daily spend i can assume its not Taboola, Outbrain, Revcontent might be Mgid's Native.

Assuming Mgid as ad network and Geo is not "US-UK-Canada-Australia" your CPC is high at this initial stage.

Also check with you AM if this Geo/offer/LP combination is converting well for other affiliates or not.

I have used 2 views in a 24/hr period. There is the argument of redundancy in advertising in general. Even intrusive ads and obnoxious ads get remembered (for better or worse) \_(‘ < ‘ )_/

Unless, you can identify some device to EXCLUDE due to some design shortcoming --what is the point?
Targeting desktop or mobile makes sense.
Devise targeting is easy because that is given in the reply headers by the browser.

If you want more unsophisticated users: Chrome and Edge are your buddies :p

Mobile is lots of cheap traffic that is hard to find the right offer for that converts.
Are you trying to use an offer that is COD with a Tier 2 or 3 GEO?

• The ad network <3 you :p
  • $200 is not a big loss but when you add up your time spent value?
  • I would try another ad network at this point
  • You have a merchantable offer that will convert -- you have established that

banners
Back