The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

[Journey] Growing A Money Tree Via Blogging In 2021!

The issue with web master tools not verifying the blog persisted so I did some fault finding, it does seem that it was something to do with Ezoics name servers so I flipped it direct to server and web master tools is working fine now. Most of the content that I published while the fault was persisting has indexed itself now anyway though.
Important (or newer, moved server domains) I try to use a 3rd and 4th nameserver --often from another DNS domain.

I expect that the answer is yes but I'll ask anyway....did you use long tail, too? Would different but closely related/relevant work for you?

Plus keywords and search volumes are changing all the time
Today there are questions about Godzilla v Kong that didn't exist yesterday
@shaunm Google Trends is your friend
Whatever your subject is there's always new questions (with keyword volume) that you can answer

5t9bI2t.gif
  • Decided to scale this site up to try and get as much content online by November/December this year as possible. Currently focusing on hybrid/info content to try diversify income away from the Amazon affiliate program as much as possible and most of the keywords planned for this month fit this goal.
  • Article 1 - 1267 Words.
  • Article 2 - 1067 Words.
  • Article 3 - 1308 Words.
  • Article 4 - 1177 Words.
  • Article 5 - 1498 Words.
  • Article 6 - 1257 Words.
  • Article 7 - 1625 Words.
  • Article 8 - 1425 Words.
  • Article 9 - 1533 Words.
  • Article 10 - 1418 Words.
  • Article 11 - 1240 Words.
  • Article 12 - 1406 Words.
  • Article 13 - 1797 Words.
  • Article 14 - 1554 Words.
  • Article 15 - 2085 Words.
  • Article 16 - 1457 Words.
  • Article 17 - 1348 Words.
  • Article 18 - 1855 Words.
  • Article 19 - 1101 Words.
  • Article 20 - 986 Words.
  • Article 21 - 1149 Words.
  • Article 22 - 1749 Words.
  • Article 23 - 1621 Words.
  • Article 24 - 2037 Words.
  • Article 25 - 1133 Words.
  • Article 26 - 1597 Words.
  • Not sure if it is the site aging in or the backlinks pushing link juice but the site has a nice spike in traffic this week.
k8EvOKv.png

Not sure if you have a garden or some window space
Growing edible herbal plants is a great relaxation hobby
The smells are invigorating, it doesn't cost much money or take much time, and you can cook with fresh herbs or make herbal teas
Some fast growers are parsley, coriander, basil, chives, rocket, mint, dill and fennel
Guests can come and take excess herbs

I actually used to do this with my grandmother back when I was a kid and enjoyed it. I might buy a kit on Amazon as I always add herbs and spice to my food :).

I expect that the answer is yes but I'll ask anyway....did you use long tail, too? Would different but closely related/relevant work for you?

I use a bunch of long tails, yea I have a bunch of related variants stacked up and ready to go for articles this month :).

Plus keywords and search volumes are changing all the time
Today there are questions about Godzilla v Kong that didn't exist yesterday
@shaunm Google Trends is your friend
Whatever your subject is there's always new questions (with keyword volume) that you can answer

I just use the Google SERP and try to stick to evergreen terms.

qf0fVIV.gif

England is out of lockdown now so I have more offline stuff that I have had to work on rather than my online stuff. On top of this I have some hay fever issue going on thats a pain to deal with as there's constant pressure behind my eyes making it annoying to look at a computer screen but it seems to be getting better now.
  • Article 1 - 1956 Words.
  • Article 2 - 1771 Words.
  • Article 3 - 1018 Words.
  • Article 4 - 1367 Words.
  • Article 5 - 1214 Words.
  • Article 6 - 1222 Words.
  • Article 7 - 2331 Words.
  • Article 8 - 2548 Words.
  • Article 9 - 1329 Words.
  • Article 10 - 1500 Words.
  • Article 11 - 1616 Words.
  • Article 12 - 1287 Words.
  • Put Adsense on the site so I can track RPM/Site Speed as I move it up through the ad networks while also earning a little extra money.
  • Noticed that one of the main sub-niches could work very well on Pinterest so I may look into that next month when I have more free time.
  • My forum backlink package has been delivered an it is 80% do follow with 100% of the links still alive on delivery with posts all on relevant threads. I will put another order through next month for either 50 or 100 backlinks.
  • Traffic is tracking sideways after the spike last week, hoping for more growth on the dailies by the end of the month.
4KMPB6c.png

Wow, that's a lot of articles. You're loading up your site terrifically. That's a nice traffic spike, too. Seems like you may become an authority site of sorts.

Cheers :).

Yea I think this could actually end up being a much larger project than I initially planned as I find more and more sub-niches when I mess around with keyword research. Thinking of making it my main online project for 2021 now and just seeing how big I can make it.

England is out of lockdown now

My province's lockdown and stay at home order has been extended from four weeks to six with the potential for more weeks added if things don't turn around. Can't wait until we're on the other side of all this.

I have more offline stuff that I have had to work on rather than my online stuff. On top of this I have some hay fever issue going on thats a pain to deal with as there's constant pressure behind my eyes making it annoying to look at a computer screen

And yet, it hasn't seemed to slow you down when it comes to your article churn out, one little bit. You're the poster boy for not giving up. :) But please don't burnout.

Runkz7K.gif
  • Spent some time hunting for some more sub-niches that would fit for the domain and managed to find a few. Did some keyword research for some of them and there seems to be potential there too so this domain could end up being much bigger than I initially planned.
  • Article 1 - 1390 Words.
  • Article 2 - 2258 Words.
  • Article 3 - 1585 Words.
  • Article 4 - 1139 Words.
  • Article 5 - 1340 Words.
  • Article 6 - 1181 Words.
  • Article 7 - 979 Words.
  • Article 8 - 1174 Words.
  • Article 9 - 1725 Words.
  • Article 10 - 2015 Words.
  • Article 11 - 1943 Words.
  • Article 12 - 2243 Words.
  • Article 13 - 1850 Words.
  • Article 14 - 2151 Words.
  • Article 15 - 1639 Words.
  • Seen another traffic jump with the domain up to just shy of 100 a day now. There was a random little drop off where a bunch of keywords dropped from the SERP for a day this week but seems to have just been a one off.
nbjoNlQ.png
@shaunm
Well done - you got 124,000 YouTube views in the past year !!
Nearly 4,000 subscribers
www.youtube.com/c/ShaunMarrs/about
I really like the graphic covers on your videos
Looks very professional and engaging
Cheers :), It was over 150,000 views at one point but I deleted some of the older videos.
I can attest to the dangers of burnout
@shaunm hope you are relaxing on weekends?
I haven't been as there hasn't been anything else to do but things are opening again now with lockdown being over so going to start taking weekends off again :).
@shaunm
What made you think the sub niche could work on Pinterest?
(I just created my 1st website Pinterest profile yesterday)
My friends girlfriend gets most of her traffic from Pinterest and I was talking to them on a group chat for a catch up and she said a bunch of niches that she thinks could work well and one of them is a sub-niche of the niche I am working in. I checked it on Pinterest and there's a bunch of pins with likes and stuff so going to try it next month.
And yet, it hasn't seemed to slow you down when it comes to your article churn out, one little bit. You're the poster boy for not giving up. :) But please don't burnout.
Back into a proper routine now so from next weekend I will be just doing Monday to Friday probably to avoid burn out :).
Between my J&J COVID vaccination (micro COVID --like after a flu shot) and the Hay fever season --I feel ya. Try an antihistamine regimen --I use both 1 benadryl (generic) + 1 Loratab (Loratadine generic) seems to help some. Every year ...
I only started getting it two or three years back but I have been trying to workout how to keep it in check but pollen levels have dropped in my home city for now.

Welcome to the blogging world! I personally had run a blog for almost 2 years with up to 365 posts at least 60% top notch posts optimized for SEO. If you run on WordPress platform, YOAST SEO would be very helpful . When it comes to blogging, sometimes it gets confusing if you should follow your passion or you should follow the profit. I would say you are free to follow whatever you want but you must have passion for your blog to see success.

Welcome to the blogging world! I personally had run a blog for almost 2 years with up to 365 posts at least 60% top notch posts optimized for SEO. If you run on WordPress platform, YOAST SEO would be very helpful . When it comes to blogging, sometimes it gets confusing if you should follow your passion or you should follow the profit. I would say you are free to follow whatever you want but you must have passion for your blog to see success.
Cheers but this isnt my first blog, I made almost $7000 last month from affiliate programs and display ad networks, this thread is just to track the growth of my latest project.

me9ww8h.gif

• Article 1 - 2183 Words.
  • Article 2 - 1213 Words.
  • Article 3 - 1661 Words.
  • Article 4 - 1403 Words.
  • Article 5 - 1332 Words.
  • Article 6 - 1569 Words.
  • Article 7 - 1454 Words.
  • Spent some time researching Pinterest and designing some pins. I picked up a Tailwind sub to schedule pins out for me so I am spending a few days making pins and loading them into Tailwind before getting back to content production.
  • Uploaded the April update video for this project as below.

How many years have you been blogging?
I have been involved in making money online since 2012/13 but I only started making this type of blog a few years back.

8wXSyZL.gif
  • Went out for the bank holiday and forgot to manually log into Pinterest for a few days and they flagged the account for suspicious activity due to it being so new and Tailwind making automated posts. I appealed it and they have unlocked the account now but I will have to remember to keep logging in and making manual actions each day.
  • I did a little more keyword research when I was hungover from the bank holiday weekend to try stay productive and the scope of this niche is huge. Theres a ton of keywords that are medium competition so I want to try pump the DA for this site to =>35 as soon as possible to try go for the higher search volume medium comp keywords.
  • Spent a few days making a bunch of pins for the project and loaded them into Tailwind to start posting them but I got bored and gave up on trying to make pins for all the content currently on the blog. I will make pins for new posts and depending on how much traffic I start to get I might go back and make pins for the posts I missed out.
  • Orderd 100 manual forum links for the blog, TAT coming in at 45 days.
  • Article 1 - 1368 Words.
  • Article 2 - 1680 Words.
  • Article 3 - 2431 Words.
  • Article 4 - 6130 Words.
  • Article 5 - 1347 Words.
  • Article 6 - 1516 Words.
  • Article 7 - 2666 Words.
  • Article 8 - 1717 Words.
  • Article 9 - 1313 Words.
  • Article 10 - 1178 Words.
Yjn3h28.png

Just listened to your interview with Singh

"If you're willing to sit down and put the time into actually churn the articles out for your blog you can get traffic from Google and make money" is such a simple and true statement

Such an insightful interview, highly recommend listening
www.spreaker.com/user/seosingh/interview-with-shaun-final

Looking forward to your reveal in December! :)

Cheers dude, Singh is sound and I really enjoyed the interview :).

This is a really good journey thread @shaunm
Thanks for including so much detail
Well done on your traffic, social media & YouTube success
#inspiration
Cheers mate, onwards and upwards from here hopefully :).

@shaunm I see you are earning a nice referral stream --are you starting to see some conversions that are on topic to the articles on this blog (a new one) now?
Amazon conversions are picking up but the majority of the content on this blog is based around display ads with links placed where relevant rather than buyer intent keywords like my other blogs. This is its Amazon.com dashboard 1st-8th May but over the coming months this should climb with traffic and hopefully hold a =>$20 RPM from Amazon and a =>$15 RPM from display ads at the same time so =>$35 RPM total.
pc8rXSt.png

Can you get these Pinterest spam notifications sent to your phone by email?
You can get the notification sent to the phone but they don't give you a warning, its just a notification telling you that you are suspended. I think it is just an automated filter for new accounts that fades with time, it looks like this niche can do well on Pinterest though as about 20 people have clicked my pins already and there's not many on them. Just need to scale up to actual clicks through to my blog rather than just clicks on the pin now.

banners
Back