The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

IS my site SLOW ??

to tweak load times, i recommend getting firefox with firebug and YSlow (a firebug plugin by yahoo). it can measure up overall page load times and each individual component as well as give you a breakdown of sizes, compression (gzip), deflation rate and so forth. it can also produce a list of things you can do to improve.

hope it helps people...

don't know why you bother replying: DJDave is last seen on 07-16-2008 04:37 PM. I doubt that he cares much for the speed of the site, it's a blatant plug.

as for the site itself...

276.7K 12 JavaScript Files -> a bit excessive, considering that they are not being used correctly - scriptaculous/prototype and google analytics, only the latter being gzipped... as far as i can tell, only used for the signup forms, a bit wasteful...

the idea behind scriptaculous is that it is modular

for example, why is http://www.business-digitalprinting.co.uk/jdd/public/scriptaculous/src/dragdrop.js being embedded? site most certainly does not use drag and drop...

anyway - it will be slow to anybody but these with a great connection and a multi-threaded browser.

it seemed ok to me, it only took around 20-30 secs for me to download it. But I am sure that has to do with my comcast connection.
I am in the northwest of the usa

hmmm I really got to read the last pages of the forums before i post...so confusing

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back