“webinar”/ “VOLUUM”/
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IS my site SLOW ??

Discussion in 'Design and Creatives' started by DJDave, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Dimitar Christoff

Dimitar Christoff Affiliate affiliate

to tweak load times, i recommend getting firefox with firebug and YSlow (a firebug plugin by yahoo). it can measure up overall page load times and each individual component as well as give you a breakdown of sizes, compression (gzip), deflation rate and so forth. it can also produce a list of things you can do to improve.

hope it helps people...

2. Voluum
  3. Handsome34

Handsome34 Affiliate affiliate

Its fine here in Pakistan

and good web

4. smsxone

smsxone Affiliate affiliate

Slow In Pakistan

5. Dimitar Christoff

Dimitar Christoff Affiliate affiliate

don't know why you bother replying: DJDave is last seen on 07-16-2008 04:37 PM. I doubt that he cares much for the speed of the site, it's a blatant plug.

as for the site itself...

276.7K 12 JavaScript Files -> a bit excessive, considering that they are not being used correctly - scriptaculous/prototype and google analytics, only the latter being gzipped... as far as i can tell, only used for the signup forms, a bit wasteful...

the idea behind scriptaculous is that it is modular

for example, why is http://www.business-digitalprinting.co.uk/jdd/public/scriptaculous/src/dragdrop.js being embedded? site most certainly does not use drag and drop...

anyway - it will be slow to anybody but these with a great connection and a multi-threaded browser.

6. kineticdc

kineticdc Guest

loaded fine for me

7. mattbf

mattbf Affiliate affiliate

Loaded quickly for me

8. Jobbertown Media

Jobbertown Media Affiliate affiliate

it seemed ok to me, it only took around 20-30 secs for me to download it. But I am sure that has to do with my comcast connection.
    I am in the northwest of the usa

hmmm I really got to read the last pages of the forums before i post...so confusing

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
  9. Your site is working fine for me.

MI