The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is article marketing working effectively for you?

depending on what i am targeting, i can start getting a steady flow of traffic from an article in 2 weeks or less if i use a keyword or phrase as the title.

Uups.. this is something new to me actually.
I just realize that the keyword in the title of articles is realy a matter.
Thanks for sharing.

I've been doing a little article marketing the last few weeks simply because I have tons of them to share and thought it wouldn't hurt to try, but so far I can't say I'm happy with the response. I'm trying all sorts of different topics.

I won't give up on this concept entirely, but I won't spend too much valuable time on it, either. I decided I'll do several submissions a week and see how it goes.

My biggest concern is that this article rage is over-saturating the market. Sometimes when I look up something on Google now -- any topic -- I see the same article repeatedly, and that isn't a good thing at all. Wastes my time clicking on several search results only to find I'm reading the same thing I just read 3 previous times!

Hi,

I agree with a couple of your points.

1. I am amazed by how crappy some articles are, even on the big article sites that take forever to approve articles. By crappy, I mean, they are not even written by somebody who appears to be a fluent English writer OR they are pure spam.

2. Some niches are really saturated. Sometimes if the article site has a blog or forum, you can get a tip on a better niche. Within my main niche, I notice much better results with a couple of topics.

3. I get the best results with a consistent campaign, and when I right about topics that people are concerned with. I'd love to give a more specific example, but some percentage of people here will just copy it instead of using the concept for their own niche.

Anyway, just keep doing everything, and see what works the best...then do it again!

Worrying about someone copying it is not what you are scared of. If you are already putting out a "consistent" campaign, the whole world is already exposed to it, and it is readily avalible to anyone who searches the subject.

Limited results is the product of limited effort. period. Understanding search engines is what makes articles so appealing, plus the traffic.

"spammy" articles are also in the eyes of the beholder. Some like a specific writing style, and some do not. I see people all the time passing judgement as excuses for failure. the internet is one of the few places left where the "little guy" can make it big. It is not without effort, but it can be attained with work.

I write articles in several different formats for different purposes, and each format gets a different, but expected results.

Most of the people here on 5 star are showing you proven ways to do things. It is not speculation, a wild guess, or some crazy dream they had last night. the Moderators are experts at what they do. and they have several others here that have their head on straight. You can tell who they are by the way they lead, and not guess or follow.

Call any Professional SEO Company, Internet Marketing Firm, Self Made Millionaire from the internet, or anyone who makes over 6 digits a year from the search market, and they will attest to the power of articles.

Joe Vitale has attributed articles to his status. Marlon Sanders also does.

I want people to make it on the net. It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of what works, over and over again, it works, without fail.

In my life as an online marketer and seo, i have put well over 200 sites up total using directories, articles and press releases. No paid links, no link farms, and sites i put up several years ago are still in top positions.

I can also refer you to 50 other seo companies that will tell you the same thing.

the reason they keep using them is that They Work! Every time.

Do you know the definition of "insanity"? It is when you use the same methods and expect a different result. Now, do you think every pro seo and marketing expert in the world would practise insanity for years on end??

I think not. If it fails, they will move on and try something else.

Lack of knowledge of seo is what causes articles to fail. Let me give you a rundown on a few "must have" parts in the article to be seo successfull.

1.The title of the article needs to have at least 1 of your keywords in it, preferably a phrase.

2. The content of the article needs to have your keywords in it, preferable some phrases.

3. You must use your keywords or phrases as the anchor text of the link back to your site.

See, it really is not that hard! Stop listening to the ones who tell you it does not work, or has limited results, when deep down they never gave it a decent try.

Top search engine positions do not happen overnight, but article traffic can if you think it through, and learn, and then the most important step, APPLY what you learn.

Anyone can produce 3k visitors per month within 1 month of targeted traffic to their site(yes, even affiliate sites) with just 1 hour a day of time invested with articles, and that includes submission time. Now this method would only generate traffic(targeted, i might add) and not much for seo, but could be modified easy for seo with an additional 10 mins.

This again is not speculation or a wild dream, it is a reality i use on a daily basis.

I know i am carrying on, but i am tired of negative. If negative people would spend the same effort trying instead of being negative, they would also be successfull.

By the way, fitnfree, you can go to Free Articles and do a search on your keywords for articles, start visiting articles and see how many views they have by topic or title. This will show you the hot topics for your area.

Hope is not a method... Nor is it a strategy.

So you are saying that niche does not matter, a webmaster should only rely on one method of marketing, and that spammy articles help an article site?

Whatever. When I see a few dozen articles like...car insurance in Texas, car insurance in Michigan, etc....and they are all the same with the state changed, it makes me wonder how visitors are attracted. And I was not talking about the site you promote, because I had never seen your site until I followed the link in your post. I have to wonder why your are so defensive though.

I do make a decent living online, and I use article marketing to build anchor text, ranking, and direct clicks to my websites. The biggest article site just sent me a very nice coffee cup, and I'm sipping from it now! :D

I still don't rely on one thing. Squidoo was hot for awhile, and is a bit more lukewarm now. If you have all of your eggs in a perfect basket, great!

And I'm really not sure how I offended any of the moderators here with my post.

Peace.

No, you are missing the point. If i write about car insurance in texas, i would cover specifics about texas insurance regulations, laws, policies ect...

you write the article to the target, not the title just for the target. This is common sense. I just figured you could figure it out without spelling it out. Anyone who can design a website should be able to figure this out, it is not rocket science.

I am not defensive, at all. There is just a lot of mis-information on the web. And just want to clear up the lines so that it can be seen clearly, that is all.

There is also a difference between a webmaster and a marketer. When i take on a client, they get results pretty quick.

I have had problems my whole online life with the difference between the ideas of webmasters against seo/marketing people, and it is no fun, but just a difference in thought pattern.

I am also a professional, I do not spam, I do not promote it. I give common sense ways to gain targeted traffic quicker than most can or will.

And there is a difference between the mindset of what a "good living" is.

Our thought patterns again are different. If i charge 7k a month to promote a site, i have to produce 150 k gross per month to justify my fee's.

This has to be attained within 90 days and also set up for long term at the same time. and all of this without payper click.

It is not telling you to put all of your eggs in one basket. It is trying to explain to you that if you take the time to study articles, you can gain massive rewards in a short time and with stable results for years to come.

Now, back to the spammy, I have had many call me spammy, when i write an article specificaly written it for the targeted phrease, This is a result of jelously, nothing more.

People attack things they can't understand, are afraid of, or they are just plain out mad and proud.

This is just for your information. There have been many studies and the title of an article accounts for over 70% of the clickthrought of that specific article. So this is why the real spam articles still work.

It is like canned laughter in a studio, it still causes a laughing effect even though the people know it is canned.

The Human mind is amazing, this is also a place to study if you want success online.

I have also made a "good" living online. I have tried to retire 2 times in less than 6 years, and i was broke prior to my online adventures. Just keep getting called back in, and i love what i do.

If everyone would just think things through, all could make a tremendous living, and have it there within 6 months if they applied themself and studied, and then put the information to a test

That figure is based on one directory. The trick is to use a keyword phrase as the title of the article for a lower competition phrase and submit it to an authority directory like articletrader, goarticles or ezinearticles. Once the article is approved and indexed, it should default top 10 in google. Once you get the notification of the articles approval, go bookmark it on digg, or delicous so that it gets indexed faster.

Let's say you are pushing flowers, Find a keyword phrase like "houston florist" Write the article about the houston florist market. And chances are if you use houston florist as your title, your article will get a top 10 position because of the power of one of the 3 directories i mentioned. and you could get a couple dozen clicks a day from it.

Understand??? If not, let me know, i will take someones site, put an article up for them linking to their site, and let them tell you the results. But try it yourself and make sure you write the article to the title.

Article marketing really does the trick and is very effective. I am saying this not just through experience but also on seeing other testimonies on other forums as well ;)

Article marketing works...and it drives a good portion of my traffic, I can attribute and track article marketing for over 40% of my business in 2006.

There are two main keys to articles...

1) Keywords - don't over saturate your article with keywords, but keep about 10% of your words towards your intended keywords.

2) Resource box - The key here is NOT keywords...but copy. Give me a reason to go to your site listed in your resource box. Is it valuable free information (the number one reason people surf the net)? Is it the next logical step? I have to admit, I have to re-adjust some of my own articles in this key area (had too good of a year in 2006 I guess :) ).

There you go.

There are actualy many different rolls for articles. Here are a few examples.

Write for traffic. This is where you use hyped up titles and content with the "ethical bribe" (giving away the free report ect...)

Write for seo. This is where you saturate the title and article with keywords on phrases for higher link value.

Wrtie for search engine placement. This will put your article pages top 10 quickly for desired keywords.

There are some other methods and each one has a specific roll in online marketing.

Learning how to use them all can increase your traffic massivly in 3 months and continue to build traffic for years.

Jim

Article marketing is effective only for those who know how to make it works.

For me, article marketing accounts for 50% of my traffic. In fact, everytime I need a boost in my traffic, I will just submit an article and i can guarantee that my subscription count will increase.

My experience tells me that:
1)A keyword focus article produces a better result than a general article without specific focus

2) An article with a long tail keyword give me more targeted reader than an article with a general (or common) keyword

3) Most of the time, despite submitting to hundreds of article directories, only 1 or 2 really give me the traffic I want (the recommended one are goarticle, ezinearticles, ideamarketer, buzzle)

4) The more articles you submit, the better result you will get. You can't really get much result if only submit one article.

5) You don't need to be a good writer to write article. Sometime, a short article (less than 500words) with content in bullet form produces a better click through rate than a long article

6) Even if you can't write, you can buy PLR article, modify them and submit them to article directory. It will work.

Hope this helps

banners
Back