The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Is anyone actually making any money?

You can always just buy some .edu and .gov links from people off the warrior forum. They'll help you shoot up the rankings.

No. They won't. Google has made it abundantly clear repeatedly that EDU and GOV links have no special value. And any value those links do have will be discounted once Google learns you've bought them.

I can promise you that people are making money that are not listed in Googles 1st page. And I can promise you people are making money. I just had a direct deposit from ShareASale the other day. Was it $1000 ? No. But it was enough to help with Christmas presents.

There is no magic bullet. The only thing that I and others can do is continue to preach the gospel: Find a niche, get really good at it, market the crap out of it, and try to get it on auto-pilot. Did it work? Congrats - expand it and start up another niche. Did it fail? Well that sucks. Pick a different niche you know more about and try it again.

Thanks for the inspiration people! I have just begun and when I saw nomes ?? I was almost afraid to read the responses for fear they would say it's a waste of time. I KNOW there is a ton of money to be made and I'm stumbling along doing what I can to absorb everything as there are 100 different ways it seems to do one thing. I love this forum so far as I've already learned so much and now I can continue to spend hours upon hours building my empire because I know it will pay off. Thanks!

Before you can really see any returns, you have to spend a lot of time working on your site. I would approach it as a hobby, and when and if you see returns look at them as gifts. I think it takes time before you can really make enough to quit your day job, and to make more than your day job. Just be patient and work hard :)

If you can find someone to help you through the learning curve and keep you accountable, you will be heading in the right direction. Keep using and re-tweaking traffic methods. Check to make sure your sales copy/review is hindering conversions, and test a new format if necessary. Once you get your 1st sale, you will be excited and motivated. Then, keep finding what works and scale it up!!!!;)

Thanx for confirmation!

I read the marketing page you have up and I downloaded the info because it actually made sense. Thanx.

The keys to success at affiliate marketing are hard work and patience. You say you're a hard worker and that's awesome. The patience part is a bit more difficult. ;)

Learn what you can from people around here and from people such as Jeremy Schoemaker (Shoemoney), Rosalind Gardiner, Ken Evoy, Lynn Terry, and Joel Comm. Soak in all you can from people who are doing the same thing and are reputable.

Above all, don't be afraid of failure or success. Yes, some people are actually afraid of success. Failure only means you're on the right road to success, especially when you learn from it and get back up.

It took me two years until I was able to kiss my 9-to-5 job goodbye, but it was worth every single second! Above all, I absolutely love what I do and there isn't anything better than loving what you do for a living!

Hang in there, Nomes. If you want it bad enough, you'll get it. NEVER GIVE UP! ;)

I'm with you Maiko. I love your enthusiasm and positive approach. I especially like your last paragraph and your testimony to making money in this line of work. I KNOW my piece is out there and I will not be told no either. here is to 2011!!

Been making all my money for the last 5 year through affiliate marketing. So it's working.
Still as you said a lot of time invested in the first time with no results.
Now I'm spending the same amount of time but at least I see results in money.

It works! Learn, take action and keep plugging away. Most importantly, get your basics right. Basics such as keyword and niche research, seo, etc. Then, get your mindsets right - provide good quality info. Don't take shortcuts, or do blackhat stuff. Google is not that stupid. Do things the right way, and keep at it.

Yes ,there is a lot of money to be made if you know what you are doing
BUT REMEMBER you have to be positive and patient.
there are a lot of great courses that teaches you how to build your affiliate marketing business.

Agree!

It starts with mind setting. The correct attitude is the first thing for you to achieve your objectives. You also need to love all the things that you're doing. Do not steal any other ideas. Work with your stuffs by doing it on the right track.

Is anyone flipping sites through eBay?

Please let me know if you are using eBay to flip sites and what success you are having?

Thanking you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I have just started out and i am confused about how to promote my site, i seem to be getting alot of spam comments so looks like the traffic i am getting is not converting.

I am also wondering if people are actually making any money on a regualr basis running a site selling affiliate products? is it worth all this time i am putting in?

I am just worried that i am spending so much time on this and will not see any results i am a hard worker and prepared to do what i can to make it work but i wonder if anyone that is doing the same thing is actually making any real money reguarly.

Thanks for reading i hope you can take some time to reply :)

Nomes

Yes, i do. I make enough to pay all my bills and more. But, I didn't start out that way. The first few years were slow but as i did research I found out how to do it better and all kinds of tips and tricks on affiliate marketing.

If you are serious about making aff marketing your full time job you have to be willing to put in the hours and to search online for all the advice you can get.

It's a never ending learning process because there are always new ways to promote, new social networks popping up etc.

Some people think you can just put up a few links and make money, that's not true. It takes hard work and a creative mind to make good money. You also can't give up on it because if you do you may miss out on money you could have made.

If what you are doing now isn't making you any money try something else.

Look around online, in social networks, forums etc and see what people are talking about. What is the consumer looking for?

Also, promote something you would use yourself. Find something that you like doing and stick with it. There are several companies out there you can sign up with that have hundreds even thousands of campaigns you can promote.

For me, I mainly promote the pay per lead campaigns. It's alot easier to make money with because they don't have to buy anything.

Hard work and patient is right one! Online business is definitely not something you can do over night. Focus and take action while find a niche on affiliate you are passionate about working on! Good luck.

I know a man that makes $500 a day off of affilate marketing, the key thing he does is experiment, if something your doing is not converting try something else, time is of the essence and if something is not working then it is a must to switch things up and take another route. research, research and you will find something that works, but most of all don't give up.

Absolutely, I have been making decent money for years now. Anyone who is not making money - I highly recommend that you just start in really small niches. Even if you only end up making like $5 a month - that's a profit. And it will get you on the map and it will get you going. You can then work your way up.

I make a full time income in affiliate marketing. I would recommend taking a quality course. I certainly learned a lot reading forums but it was not a clear cut plan of action. I had to piece things together. Eventually I took a number of course and things really pulled together for me.

Pick a niche that you enjoy that you can make money in. Some are extremely competitive but if you drill down you can find a place to make some money. Others are so competitive it is really hard to make money even when you drill down unless you know what you are doing.

Do not start a make money online site :) unless you are making money online and truly know what you are doing and even then think about it.

Once you have your niche take consistent, daily action.

Stay organized. I keep track of all of my sites and keywords on spread sheets. I know exactly what I have done and what I need to do.

As you learn, diversify your income stream so if the bottom falls out, you have something else to fall back on.

Hope this helps and if you have a specific question about courses etc. Feel free to PM me.

banners
Back