The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is anyone actually making any money?

xnomesx

affiliate
Hi all,

I have just started out and i am confused about how to promote my site, i seem to be getting alot of spam comments so looks like the traffic i am getting is not converting.

I am also wondering if people are actually making any money on a regualr basis running a site selling affiliate products? is it worth all this time i am putting in?

I am just worried that i am spending so much time on this and will not see any results i am a hard worker and prepared to do what i can to make it work but i wonder if anyone that is doing the same thing is actually making any real money reguarly.

Thanks for reading i hope you can take some time to reply :)

Nomes

Hi all,

I have just started out and i am confused about how to promote my site, i seem to be getting alot of spam comments so looks like the traffic i am getting is not converting.

I am also wondering if people are actually making any money on a regualr basis running a site selling affiliate products? is it worth all this time i am putting in?

I am just worried that i am spending so much time on this and will not see any results i am a hard worker and prepared to do what i can to make it work but i wonder if anyone that is doing the same thing is actually making any real money reguarly.

Thanks for reading i hope you can take some time to reply :)

Nomes

You have to be patience with the affiliate marketing ... Do seo , use social media boom to get plenty of traffic and many traditional way such as link building and article marketing

Yes, Nomes. Some people, the smartest and hardest working, are making crazy money through affiliate marketing programs. Hang in there and keep learning.

I think it would be best if you made that decision, but I will point you in the right direction. http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...iate-forum/16898-great-reason-study-work.html and http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...ation-motivation/15747-can-done-trust-me.html

these are just two that I know of. You may want to ask Linda or one of the other moderators for others. I know they are here on the forum because i have read a few. One was about vonage or some similar affiliate that made 15 k per month.

I personally do better than average, so I believe anyone can do this if they treat it as a business. If you do not treat it as a business, then it is a hobby, and most hobbies are costly.

The keys to success at affiliate marketing are hard work and patience. You say you're a hard worker and that's awesome. The patience part is a bit more difficult. ;)

Learn what you can from people around here and from people such as Jeremy Schoemaker (Shoemoney), Rosalind Gardiner, Ken Evoy, Lynn Terry, and Joel Comm. Soak in all you can from people who are doing the same thing and are reputable.

Above all, don't be afraid of failure or success. Yes, some people are actually afraid of success. Failure only means you're on the right road to success, especially when you learn from it and get back up.

It took me two years until I was able to kiss my 9-to-5 job goodbye, but it was worth every single second! Above all, I absolutely love what I do and there isn't anything better than loving what you do for a living!

Hang in there, Nomes. If you want it bad enough, you'll get it. NEVER GIVE UP! ;)

Yeah the internet is full of possiblities but hard work, patience and most importantly persistence is what seperates success and failure.

Experiment with different methods of gaining exposure and never stop. Remember that everyday webmasters out there try new methods of gaining exposure so to keep in the game you have to partake in that.

Hang in there Nomes! spam or no spam comments it still comes down to what keywords you are targeting and if they respond to your offers and are clicking your aff links. Are you tracking your traffic? Besides commenting what else are they doing?

A big part of this business is analysis, learning from what doesn't work.. does work.. testing, testing, testing (split-testing) and making adjustments along the way. Kaizen.

Yes Yes there is a lot of money to be made if you know what you are doing. I recently enrolled in a course it's called the commision formula, this is an outstanding course that teaches you some pretty smart affiliate marketing tactics. I got to say that I have learned some things that seem so simple, but sooooo, smart!

Affilate marketing is a real business, it is a referal business. The course I am currently taking teaches that it is important to remember to promote a rich market, meaning; to be in a market that other people are already making money in. If other people are making money in those markets there is no reason why you can't make money in those markets too!

In the past I have promoted products that were not in a rich market. I made some sales in those market, but it wasn't much and was not worth my time or effort. The course also teaches. Know the market you are thinking about getting into, be able to answer the question, "are other people making money in this market?" The answer needs to be YES! If the answer is no and you move forward in that market, you may wined up spinning your wheels.

Also look for other similar products to promote. The more products you can promote in a niche the more likely you will be able to convert your traffic into sales. Also find other people who are promoting those same products start doing some research on how they get traffic to their sites. Replicate their efforts and start getting free traffic doing exactly what they are doing. Guess what, I started doing these things and, I am now making money.

Before the course I didn't make that much money, but now with the knowlege that I have I am starting to make good money. The cool part about all this is once you learn a system that works, I mean a system that really works, you can repeat the process many times over and make even more money.

My new goal is $1000 per week, it's a high goal, but I am ready to do this. It is also important to know that my mind is made up I will do this, I WILL NOT TAKE "NO" FOR AN ANSWER! I read in a powerful book once that said, "A goal is a dream with a deadline" 2011 is my dead line I have a lot of work to do.

Good luck

I may not be in the affiliate biz that much (although my site does have some affiliates)..but I am doing fine with money..The economy has slowed sales up a bit but not too much!

It took me two years until I was able to kiss my 9-to-5 job goodbye, but it was worth every single second! Above all, I absolutely love what I do and there isn't anything better than loving what you do for a living!

Hang in there, Nomes. If you want it bad enough, you'll get it. NEVER GIVE UP! ;)

I am so inspired by you. I used to make a decent income in Squidoo too. But when office work became stressful and demanding, I had to stop for my health. But still, I am willing to master affiliate marketing. ;)

Great to hear from you, Sabrina!

It's a great ride and I'm still learning! Things change so quickly and it is always a challenge, but it's so much fun, it doesn't matter. haha.

I'm sorry to hear about your health. I hope it's nothing too serious.

If you don't want to be considered as spam, you can use ethical link building and seo techniques. Mostly here is earning money as an affiliate marketer like myself. I agree with you guys. Patience, hard work and priority should be the main focus if you want success in this kind of field. You should as well be alert on happenings because technology changes every day and so is marketing strategies.

Hoping for your success. :)

Do you think that others do it for fun? Of course they do it for money so this means that there are money in promoting affiliate programs. Perhaps you need to change your marketing strategy. Sometimes it also takes a while to become successful in affiliate marketing. The worse thing you may do now is to give up. If you think that your strategy is good then work even harder if you are not sure, try some new paths, perhaps one of them leads to success.

Nothing is impossible if you're a hard worker. I am making money because I am doing what it needed to do. Find a niche that interests you the most. Do not rely on software that promises to increase traffic and etcetera because often times the results are considered spam. Best if you'll do the manual ways.

I really hope for your success. Life is failing and learning and at the end if you keep on struggling, you'll see the light to success.

I have stubbornly been at this for 9 months without making an income. I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge and skills that I truly believe will lead to a profit soon. But, you definitely have to have patience to do this. Don't quit, but don't give up your day job, if you have one, either.

The only ones making money are those anchored in to Google's first page...PERIOD! Without that, your second best...

Well, that's not entirely true. Certianly, you stand a better chance of making money and all things being equal will probably make more money if you're on page 1 but you can still make some money if you rank in the top 2 or 3 pages.

It's just tough getting a constant traffic source that converts well so you're gonna need to learn to write some good copy and also a decent amount of seo. You can always just buy some .edu and .gov links from people off the warrior forum. They'll help you shoot up the rankings.

banners
Back