The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is All Facebook Ads Traffic Considered Cold Traffic?

OscarMike

Hi everyone, I took a Facebook ads course by Gabriel St Germain and he said that the bulk of his profits for his dropshipping store came from retargeting prospects on Facebook. He does this very cheaply using the Reach Objective. He shows his retargeting ad once a day to all the people who visited his store but didn't buy.

I always thought of Facebook ads as cold traffic. If I retarget people on Facebook who are familiar with my brand (ie people who clicked on my ad and visited my product page), is that now considered warm traffic?

Jim Edwards recommends noobs target warm and hot traffic instead of cold traffic. I'm a noob. Should I follow his advice?

What do you think?

Thanks

How would you get the data for the *warm traffic*? Buy cold traffic and warm it up to your ['objective'] --do you have any real alternatives?

You want to re-target the cohort of previous click throughs of your ads --1 to 2 times to get some redundancy ? why or how?

opinions are like assholes --everyone has one ...

You have to spend some money testing this

People react 2 ways to seeing the same thing twice. Some embrace it and some are aggravated because their time is wasted (again)

So, before you spend or waste your money: You need to be able to track individual user's behavior IMHO --otherwise you are just throwing cow pies against a bard wall hoping some shit will stick to the wall.

Code:
()com/api/download/?utm_source=10056&utm_medium=$network&utm_campaign=$campaign&utm_term=$kwd&utm_content=$cid

I am setting it up with GA4 (new Google Analytics) on the offer's domain as admin user. Pain in the ass JavaScript but the server is Windows IIS to split the query string and then redirect to a 2nd downlaod server and use GA4 utm schema because ad blockers will not interfere

Bottom line: &utm_content=$cid that is my 'magic number' that is a 87% - 100% unique for the Windows desktop users we need for the download app (API).

We cannot use Facebook ads, it's adult content, without cloaking or some subterfuge; I won't as I have enough headaches. But I will know the exact domain placement of the ads I will be buying after the test with the DSP/RTB junk I have balances of.

You could do something similar with Facebook: &utm_content=$cohort_group and either use a tracker or GA4 on your landing page and accomplish a re-targeting study and see if you get the ROAS or ROMI that you want.

You cannot just spend an hope for the best --unless you have a lot of money to burn thru.

Cold, warm, hot? Who determines which label to attach to traffic?

The value of traffic is determined by so many variables. For example, I have a newer and growing email list coming from a campaign for a targeted demographic in Israel and had only eleven conversions the first three days of the campaign, but I had 337 email opt-ins from the lander. Then I retargeted them all on the 4th day and got 22 conversions.

What I am saying is that you cannot always rely on first contact. Sometimes I get awesome results out of the gate, sometimes it comes later. This particular campaign is in its infancy and it will change over time, it will get different results at different times of day and on some dates and days over others. Each campaign evolves and each set of results may begin to vary over time. Dialing in campaigns, demographics, geos, and other variables is a long term process sometimes. Longer for some, shorter for others.

Run your campaigns and modify your campaigns based on results and not by judging what may or may not be cool, warm, or hot traffic. Those parameters of cool, warm, and hot do not really exist when it comes to campaigns. You can run the same campaigns in the same geos with the same offer, but change the demographics and get startling different results.

Make your campaigns a continuing process, a growth process, and always be adjusting and testing the campaigns as well as applying them to different variables. I promise you will come up with many campaign models you can and will use going forward.

You want to re-target the cohort of previous click throughs of your ads --1 to 2 times to get some redundancy ? why or how?

You have to spend some money testing this

People react 2 ways to seeing the same thing twice. Some embrace it and some are aggravated because their time is wasted (again)
Thanks for the reply Graybeard. Do you believe that re-targeting people on Facebook who added my product to their cart is more valuable than retargeting people who visited my product page but then left without buying?

Hi everyone, I took a Facebook ads course by Gabriel St Germain and he said that the bulk of his profits for his dropshipping store came from retargeting prospects on Facebook. He does this very cheaply using the Reach Objective. He shows his retargeting ad once a day to all the people who visited his store but didn't buy.

I always thought of Facebook ads as cold traffic. If I retarget people on Facebook who are familiar with my brand (ie people who clicked on my ad and visited my product page), is that now considered warm traffic?

Jim Edwards recommends noobs target warm and hot traffic instead of cold traffic. I'm a noob. Should I follow his advice?

What do you think?

Thanks
Hi there,

Yes, retargeting is targeting warm traffic. People familiar with your brand, clicked but didn't buy - that's warm.

Gabriel St Germain's method works, reaching those interested. Reach Objective, good strategy for retargeting.
Jim Edwards' advice valid for noobs. Targeting warm and hot traffic often more effective than cold.

Your plan to follow this? Sounds promising.

Need help with this? Feel free to contact me.

Good luck!

I would test both methods but have exit survey based on the NPS schema. What made you buy? Why did you decide not to buy? That could be on a Thank You page or a back button page/exit popunder.

Why do people abandon your 'cart?' Are you actually doing the processing yourself? Or, are redirecting. Do they know what the price is /will be?

Why are they leaving your page? Could they be converted at a better price point at a targeted cohort for remarketing?

Coulda, shoulda or seen that shit before ... register an email before you buy the cart or abandon the cart --talk to the people --get some feedback and some answers. It's normal practice to get an email before they buy. But only if you have a real cart making the transaction --otherwise it is repetitive and redundant to ask twice.

I started to contact some customers who's "cards" were declined by our processor and fixed some problems when we started using the 3-D Secure standard. Strict no charge-back transactions. Point is, you don't know why until you talk to customers; or the customers that don't buy; or complete the transaction --to really know why.

What do you think?

Thanks
I don’t know how, for me, push traffic is the most optimal, I’ve been taking traffic from the Eva advertising network for a long time now and I’m quite happy with it

banners
Back