The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Indexing issue

jmk909er

affiliate
I created a custom Google search through adsense and I noticed it is not indexing the whole site and is missing content that I know is there. In webmaster tools it says it is indexing 7 of 10 pages. I was told to give it some time to be crawled so I will wait a while (5 days so far).

I posted a question about it on the Google webmaster forum and got a comment about something else that I need clarification on and the Google forum is not responding, quote:

...you have quite a number of internal redirections and search engines don't like those because they waste time and are unnecessary except for a few special cases such as login-protected content.

Can someone clarify what internal redirections are? I reference my other pages in my content and provide a link to go there. I also have a table of contents on a couple of long pages that link to topics below. I also have links to external content.

Which of these is this referring to? I want my site to be search engine friendly so is there something here that I should not be doing? This is my first website, any help is appreciated!

Thanks, Joe

What software are you using for the site?

"Internal redirections" refers to links (e.g., navigation links) that redirect visitors to a different page than the page they were originally trying to access. This could be due to affiliate links, or (as an example) redirection for non-logged in members of a forum trying to access pages that require logging in.

It is in wordpress, you can look at it here {link to own site removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
I have edited your post to remove the link, since that is against our forum rules.

There is something funny about some of your links, even from a quick look. The Amazon image on the home page, for example, is linked like this:

[NOPARSE]http:// www. amazon.com/dp/031612737X/ref=as_li_tf_til?tag=YOURAMAZONID&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=031612737X&adid=1GSPGB15H5D369TCMG63&&ref-refURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.YOURDOMAIN.COM%2F[/NOPARSE]

How are you creating those links? That may be where you need to look, I think.

I can also see that this appears to be a very new site:

Hello and welcome to my new site
Friday, April 13th, 2012

Even with the odd URLs, it may simply be that you haven't been patient enough for Google to crawl your site. Nothing on the net happens in a few days (unless it's a penalty. :)).

I can also see that this appears to be a very new site:

Even with the odd URLs, it may simply be that you haven't been patient enough for Google to crawl your site. Nothing on the net happens in a few days (unless it's a penalty. :)).

^^^ This is the answer.

Thanks minstrel, the amazon thing is an amazom carosel widget. Do you think this is creating a problem? Also this is a brand new site and I still have not done any seo. "The Hello and welcome to my new site" is my first post.

Not sure but that construction of that amazon link looks different than what I usually have on my site. Look for other links that seem to redirect the visitor, since that's what the message from Google said might be a problem. You don't want to wait 6 months to find out there was a problem with links all along.

Yeah I am waiting to hear back on the Google forum but that seems to not be very reliable and I don't think they have any support other than the help pages and the forum.

One more thing I want to ask you is that in my content when I refer to another part of my site I am providing a link so that if they want to go right there they can. I guess that these are also redirects, they don't have to be there but I think it is helpful for people to navigate easier. What do you think? Should I take them out?

Thanks

One more thing I want to ask you is that in my content when I refer to another part of my site I am providing a link so that if they want to go right there they can. I guess that these are also redirects, they don't have to be there but I think it is helpful for people to navigate easier. What do you think? Should I take them out?

No, those are fine. The kind of link that may get flagged is one where it isn't immediately clear where it is going to take the visitor, e.g., cloaks and links that look like they're taking you to Amazon but actually take you to another site.

Linking to another page or article on your site is fine.

MI
Back