The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Increase PR

A

Anonymous

how can i increase my PR, my website www.sinergy-media.com has a PR of 0 as i missed out on the last update, but i just used a future PR checker and its saying my next PR will be 0 which is surprising because i have a couple or PR6's linking to me a few PR5's and a few lower PR;s

thanks for any help

Hi Tony,

Im having the same problem. The site in my signature now has about 30 backlinks and many with high pr. Ive had 20 backlinks for about two months and google STILL shows 0/10 with only 5 backlinks. I know the other sites are indexed, some of them are sitting with a 6/10. I have a new site (trekpartner.com) that has only one backlink with a 2/10 and guess what? The link is from my other site (backpackearth.com) that has 0/10. So if I put a link on my 0/10 sites It seems to give my new sites PR but the site itself never advances. How is it that a site with only one backlink from a 0/10 has a 2/10 and the site with 30 backlinks, many having high pr gets nothing??? I GIVE UP!!!! :(

Eric

I don't like to go into GREAT detail but Eric, you're on to something here... :wink:

"So if I put a link on my 0/10 sites It seems to give my new sites PR but the site itself never advances"

Looks as though you are entering stage of one of SELF trial and error, rather than the usual SEO expert, "wisdom".

Without going into great detail, let's see if we can put the pieces of this mysterious puzzle, together....

* Eric has a PR 0 Site

* Eric has tons of high PR backlinks to his PR 0 site

*Eric's site still has a PR 0

*Eric links another of his sights to his PR 0 site, which has tons of high PR backlinks

*Eric's other sight is now a PR 2

"I GIVE UP!!!!"

Now let me get this straight, as I'm kinda slow, but are you saying you're going to, "Give Up" after what appears to be a...

Oh, I hope Human Google folks aren't viewing this post. It may screw up their next 5 yrs of planned algo :D :D :D :D :D

Heh

Paul

Paul,

Thats almost what Im saying, and let me say just for the record, "give up" is an overstatement, I would never give up, but this is very frustrating.

* Eric has a PR 0 Site

* Eric has tons of high PR backlinks to his PR 0 site

*Eric's site still has a PR 0

*Eric links another of his sights to his PR 0 site, which has tons of high PR backlinks

*Eric's other sight is now a PR 2

The only thing wrong there is I didnt link my 2/10 to the 0/10. I linked my 0/10 backpackearth to my (at the time) 0/10 trekpartner. Now Trekpartner has 2/10 with the only backlink being from my 0/10 backpackearth. Im sorry but this makes absolutly no sense to me at all. Is there anything I can do?

"The only thing wrong there is I didnt link my 2/10 to the 0/10. I linked my 0/10 backpackearth to my (at the time) 0/10 trekpartner. Now Trekpartner has 2/10 with the only backlink being from my 0/10 backpackearth."

That's what I meant to infer.

Given that, don't you see the beauty in this? :wink:

Keep thinking. No way I post the obvious (In my experience) on a msg board.

I bet Temi's gotta clue :wink:

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the chat today, I really enjoyed it. I think Im beginning to understand. :lol: :D :wink:

i think we all know what hes trying to say, but i also think hes wrong in thinking that google have changed it, just my opinion anyway

Hi Mr/Mrs Guest,

Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong, and Lord knows it won't be the last. So honestly, I take no offense and truly welcome your opinion.

"but i also think hes wrong in thinking that google have changed it"

What is the basis for your opinion?

Thanks for your post.

Paul

im the person who made the topic
ive since found out the future pr checker i used is wrong and useless so i guess ill just have to wait fo the proper update

its really complicated why i think your wrong, and i had it all in my head last ngiht and it made sense but ive kinda forgot but the basic reason for me to thinking your wrong is mainly to do with dates when sites were updated.
I have heard that google may be doing a thing where if 2 sites link to eachother then they wont be counted but this wouldnt have been implamented in the last update, which is my reason for thinking that is why it has nothing for the time being to do with why his site has a low PR

if that makes sense

It seems that Google took away my 2/10 today and dropped it back to 0/10 for no reason at all. My sites that have high PR do not have quality backlinks, my sites with quality backlinks have no pr. I think I'll just focus on building quality sites and stop thinking about pr. Im making money as it is, so I cant complain.

several hours later...

Its back, but whoever decided to call it the "google dance" wasnt kidding.

I prefer to call it the, "Google Waltz" lol :lol:

You know how I was telling you we make at least a page a day, right, Eric?

This has got to be a record. 3 pages made on August 26/27th, are today getting traffic from Google/AOL.

5 Days...WOW :shock:

Paul

90 days

Its been 90 days approx (22 June 2004) since the last toolbar updates, so whilst your sites real PR may have improved, what you see on the toolbar hasn't changed.

Clare

banners
Back