The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

In Tacoma and in Debt!!!

jnstrom

affiliate
Hello everyone. Im glad I came across this site. I am looking forward to picking the collective minds of the 5 star affiliates!

I am a teacher looking for ways to supplement my income because well Im in debt up to my ears.

I have a few BANs sites and a Few articles out there so far but really have not seen a substantial amount of money come my way. YET!

If anyone can point me in the direction I would love you forever and a day. :p

Im trying to work on my articles appearance and conversions on clicks. Does anyone have a good article that I can use as a guide? I think Im doing my resources area incorrectly and my forward link incorrect.

Thanks and as always BE HAPPY!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there jnstrom, I cant point out a guide for u to use because there is more then 1 good guide. But you could look into the forums and search for the sticky with the Top List of threads in 5star by Linda. Im on iPod touch atm so cant give link :(

jnstrom,

Welcome to 5 Star. Without knowing more about your sitation, here is my two cents:

1. Make sure you are taking a rounded approach to building your traffic. For example consider that you could possibly get more leverage for an article as a blog post vs. at an article site.

2. Make sure you are working in a profitable niche. It's the same about of work (relatively speaking), but there is a big diffference in making $50 per sale and $500 per sale.

Best regards,

Anthony

The 1st thing I suggest is to look at your niche? Do you have one or are you just trying a bunch of things? If you have one is it in the Internet marketing or make money online arena by chance?

If you feel comfortable tell us your niche in general. Travel, food, pets, whatever - just very general broad category.

The 1st thing I suggest is to look at your niche? Do you have one or are you just trying a bunch of things? If you have one is it in the Internet marketing or make money online arena by chance?

If you feel comfortable tell us your niche in general. Travel, food, pets, whatever - just very general broad category.

Im trying a bunch of things right now. In mostly in natural health care. Im working with ezine and trying link to my affiliates through a blog that I have set up. But Im thinking about starting a new domain that has pages that redirect people straight to the affiliate (since they will not allow direct links unless it is your own).

I also see articles that go straight to the affiliates (how do they do that?) a redirect from a owned domain?

jnstrom, I suspect you are too scattered. You need to pick ONE niche for starters, do thorough research to be sure it's a GOOD niche and not too competitive.

Pick the best 3 - 5 niches you are working or can think of that you would like to work and go through the following exercise using your main keywords for each niche.

How to do keyword research on a niche.

Narrow it down to one niche. The scatter gun approach takes too long to start seeing results. Focus and get some success doing one small niche, then if you want to do another, take your success and the mistakes you learn from and apply them to the next.

Ok Ill focus down.

I have two right now. Niches that is.

My first article has seen roughly 500 visitors with about 10% clicking on my url. But my url leads to a blog that contains the link to the affiliate (due article submission rules)

Do you suggest that write more articles on the subject and get a domain with the keywords and point people to the affiliate?

Should I keep the blog I have set up at /mydomain/naturalcures? or should I just have naturalcures.com]Natural Cures Home | NaturalCures.com(obviously not really my site). that has a blog attached to it that includes more affiliates and adwords and so forth...

Be Happy:D and thanks for the info!!!

"Do you suggest that write more articles on the subject"

No I suggest you 1st stop and do the KW research I suggested above because if your niche is too competitive, as many health niches are then most of what you do could be futile.

Just my opinion here, but if you are in debt and have bills to pay, don't waste your time doing something you don't know how to do. There is a learning curve with affiliate marketing and sometimes its a long one.

You need cash fast?

Go write some articles for people. Offer services that people need online. That is how to make fast cash. It's hard work, but at least you can be guaranteed of a pay day.

Great info, but I don't have the time to just sit and write articles. I am looking at about an hour to 3 a day. I do have a narrow niche that is seeing the clicks but not the turn over. This is my second month with the article marketing focus and am enjoying it so far but with no sales.

seeing the clicks but not the turn over... enjoying it so far but with no sales.

How many clicks have you gotten so far???

It can take 500 clicks before you get your 1st sale when you are still learning. And with article marketing if you are putting your articles in directories, there are so many other links on the page they can click besides yours.

Once you learn the game a good program should convert at 1 sale per 50 - 100 clicks.

But in the beginning it can take more like 500 and it can feel like it takes FOREVER to get that 1st sale. After the 1st one they start to come easier.

I have about 80 clicks right now. Thank you for bringing me back to earth Linda. Sometimes I just grow inpatient and need to take a step back and forge through writing more content!:rolleyes:

Great info, but I don't have the time to just sit and write articles. I am looking at about an hour to 3 a day. I do have a narrow niche that is seeing the clicks but not the turn over. This is my second month with the article marketing focus and am enjoying it so far but with no sales.

How many articles have you written so far?

It is an article site, but they have really great user friendly features like drag and drop, adding video, etc. Just google Squidoo and you will be taken to the site. I bet you will love it!

MI
Back